Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,881 to 10,900 of 16,083

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

Most of Google's revenue comes from successfully matching ads up with people who want to see them (which on youtube is done via the subject of videos).

If you're using Chrome, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out they're monitoring everything you write.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Who uses Chrome? The thing is a massive security hole by design.

NEStalgia

Malcrash

Dreams has to come around next year. Probably will show off the release date and probably a beta period.I like Media Molecule but I still have no idea what Dreams actually is

Malcrash

Twitter:

redd214

For anyone with PSVR and likes rhythm/music games Beat Saber is fantastic! We got it last night and my arms are actually sore from playing it lol. Decent workout and a really fun gem of a game!

Couple deals today Hitman 2 down to $30 and Darksiders 3 down to $40 (though it'll probably be even cheaper in a couple weeks) both on Amazon.

redd214

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

@Dezzy Who uses Chrome? The thing is a massive security hole by design.

Most people, is the answer.
I use it simply because I find it runs better than Firefox.

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Malcrash Short answer: an easy to use game engine. But you can make whatever you want. Music, videos, not just games. Little Big Planet on steroids essentially, not limited to a 2D platformer.

Octane

Octane

lol. The stream is brilliant. They're straight up trolling, they're showing the same old demo they've shown for years, the one with the moving platform and the lava floor.

Anyway, Dreams beta coming tomorrow!

Octane

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

lol. The stream is brilliant. They're straight up trolling, they're showing the same old demo they've shown for years, the one with the moving platform and the lava floor.

Anyway, Dreams beta coming tomorrow!

For newsletter subscribers. The general public will have the option to opt in on January 8th.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred Yep, that's the part they didn't mention until later on in the stream. Twitch chat wasn't happy about that.

Octane

Octane

@CanisWolfred Apparently it isn't even everyone else on January 8. They'll send invites in waves starting on that day, and they can't guarantee everyone can get in.

The way they've handled this is pretty bad IMO. They've been teasing it for a year, only to tell people it's exclusive to those who signed up to their newsletter. The rest will get a chance next year. They've had a year to tell everyone this.

Octane

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Most people I know, including myself, migrated from Firefox to Chrome years ago. It's faster, and, at least initially, it was the only major browser that supported 60fps playback in Youtube videos.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

Yep, I use only chrome, and my university where I work focuses on Chrome-first trouble shooting. I think it's more strange to see people who use other default browsers.

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@Ralizah @PikPi i haven't enough facepalm gifs in my non chrome browser for these comments.

No wonder the internet is the cluster it is. Maybe I've spent too much time with secure environments but i can't even fathom your internet reality . I bet your certificates aren't even up to date, you savages.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I hope you're not sweating too much, down there in your bunker with your tinfoil hat, waiting for Tor to slowly load your secure webpage.

NEStalgia

@Ralizah the bunker isn't made by Bethesda, so it's fine. But don't worry, Google and Xi will help you know what to think based on everything you've ever done thanks to your fast browser

Seriously it's a browser made for the sole purpose of extracting information, and thus leaving numerous vulnerabilities open. At least use edge, bad as it is.... Any business with a half competent security team treats it as malware.

NEStalgia

RR529

Anyhow, back to PS4 games, I just started up Titanfall 2.

I thought it was neat how it recommended a difficulty level based on your performance in the training mission obstacle course (which it correctly picked based on my preference). Game looks really good (almost too lush for it's own good as enemies have been hidden so well behind foliage that I didn't notice them until I was right on top of them, lol). Definitely going to take some time getting used to the heavier platforming emphasis compared to Halo Anniversary, which is the only other FPS I've played in recent memory. I'm liking it so far, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

YS IX!!!!

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/ys-ix-monstrum-nox-announced-for-ps4

"Falcom has announced Ys IX: Monstrum Nox for PlayStation 4. It will launch in 2019 in Japan.

"Ys IX: Monstrum Nox takes place in Baldeux, which is northeast of Esterior in the Gllia Eldlingen region. Set in a huge city known as “Prison City,” a new adventure surrounding the mysteries hidden in the city will unfold alongside people called “Monstrum” who possess supernatural abilities.

"Ys series trademarks such as speedy action (diverse skill attacks, free dashes, and jumps) and battles against giant bosses will return alongside numerous new elements connected to Ys IX‘s setting, including the use of “Supernatural Actions” of Monstrum to freely explore all areas of the field, “Guild Operations” in Prison City, and more."

I wonder if NIS will be localizing it again? Hopefully the translation process is speedy (and drama-free).

Edited on by Ralizah

TuVictus

Finally getting to try Senua's Sacrifice. That's an interesting game and can't wait to see more of it

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic