Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life gaming quiz - Top 100 High Score for 2023

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,130

Mr_Horizon

LOCAL TOP 15

No matter if they were gained with real skill or with steady persistence - see below for the local top list of this year. All players can see their change to last year in brackets.

01 - 237 points (-7) - @lifer
02 - 99 points (+99) - @Matt_Barber
03 - 76 points (-08) - @Dogorilla
04 - 71 points (+71) - @Fizza
05 - 44 points (+44) - @ReadytoShock
06 - 38 points (+38) - @Krull
07 - 29 points (+17) - @CactusMan
08 - 27 points (+27) - @StarPoint
09 - 25 points (+25) - @Bunkerneath
10 - 22 points (+22) - @Minecraftemery
11 - 10 points (+10) - @Pirate_Capn
12 - 09 points (-55) - @Blooper987
13 - 07 points (+07) - @Late
14 - 06 points (+06) - @BabyYoda71
15 - 02 points (+02) - @Anti-Matter

And here is our local winner, lifer doesn't miss a single round, easily gets more than 200 points and emerges victorious at the end of 2022.

Thank you all for playing!

Mr_Horizon

StarPoint

GGs everyone! I look forward to the quizzes for next year!

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

Oof, just barely missed out on the top 3! Very happy with my results though for what was my first ever year here and massive congrats to everyone that participated!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Matt_Barber

I feel like I've managed to sleepwalk into second place despite only playing since May.

Ah well. I suspect I'm a fair bit older and have played a lot more games than most of you. Meanwhile, lifer is clearly in a league of his own, way above the rest of us.

Matt_Barber

Bunkerneath

9, not bad really as I keep on forgetting about it, well done everyone, will hopefully remember to do them each month from now on.

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

lifer

I missed out on the medal ranks! Congrats to everyone and the top three in particular. It's quite a feat to be more nerdy about this than me!

lifer

Anti-Matter

2 points ?
Since when I have answered the question about fighting games ?

Anti-Matter

Mr_Horizon

@lifer: You won the 2021 season yourself, so you know how crazy everybody in the global Top 5 is.

@Matt_Barber Yeah you did well! If the local board has turned out to be too easy, feel free to get to 2nd place in the global list as well. (That's on the bottom of page 47) But I wouldn't be too sure about the age, I did a poll on that once - turns out the average quiz player through all forums is about 40 years old by now. NintendoLife is among the younger communities though.

Hope to see you all again next year!

Mr_Horizon

Bunkerneath

QUIZ QUIZ QUIZ QUIZ QUIZ!!

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Mr_Horizon

Untitled

February Quiz - Open World Games

Welcome to the new quiz year! Linear progression, strict level sequence, no exploration? Not today - we begin this season with a younger genre, I hope the retro fans among you won't run screaming. ^_^

I'm sure there's many classics I didn't include, and instead put titles in this round that just barely qualify as open world... but this is just me trying to keep it interesting, not knowing every release out there and also avoiding re-use of games from previous rounds.

The deadline is Tuesday the 28th of February, participate via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz, good luck:
Untitled
Direct link: https://i3.lensdump.com/i/TiV8Qz.png

Mr_Horizon

Dogorilla

Loving the production values on the introduction gifs

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Sisilly_G

Wowie... I know almost none of these. Well, just three and two are merely a "maybe" (but I only know the IP of the latter and not the specific instalments).

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Mr_Horizon

February Quiz - Clues #1

Fifty people are already roaming the various open worlds of this round.
@Dogorilla thank you! The Mass Effect spoof was fun to make, but a lot of work indeed.
@Sisilly_G no worries, it's enough if you put in the IP or name of the series, you don't need the specific title!

Well, has anyone climbed a tower to unlock new clues yet? Then let me deliver...

Here are the first clues:

1) The 12, 15 (and three titles from the last row) are controlled from the first person perspective - and there is shooting in all of them (sometimes more, sometimes less).
2) This round is surprisingly "new", a total of eight games are from the current decade.
3) Attention dear players, title 18 is not by Sid Meier.
4) Number 20 is the only game from the 80s, it never got released on console.

Deadline is Tuesday the 28th of February, enter via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here's the quiz again: https://i3.lensdump.com/i/TiV8Qz.png

Mr_Horizon

StarPoint

Hahaha, #23 got me pretty good. Also, that was easily the best I’ve ever done on one of these quizzes. Guess I know my open world games pretty well.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Mr_Horizon

February Quiz - Clues #2

This Open World is filling up, now there are already seventy players! Of those, two are from this community. Not quite MMO size yet, but we'll get into triple digits for sure.
@StarPoint you did well this time, if @lifer doesn't join you might just have the local lead.
Watch out, this month is short... the round will be over next Wednesday. So get moving and deal with those last remaining quest markers, there are only a few days left.

Here come the second & last clues:

1) SEGA was involved in two games, though not in #1.
2) Game 14 is the only N64 title in this round.
3) From the beginning it was clear that the developers of game 10 had copied generously from the last Zelda.
4) One of the most famous space game series of all time, number 13 shows an entry from the 90s.

Deadline is next Tuesday (28th February), enter via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz again: https://i3.lensdump.com/i/TiV8Qz.png

Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

about the future of this quiz series

By the time this year is over, I will have organised these video game quizzes for a full decade. (and NintendoLife has been a part of it for almost six years).

I wouldn't have thought that a hobby I started once in a melancholy winter (actually just to distract myself) would accompany me for such a long time - and this year it will be exactly 100 episodes.

That's such a nice round number, I'd like to leave it at that... which means that my quiz series will come to an end this year.

A better programmer would have automated it all with scripts, a better businessman would have monetised it somehow... I'm none of those things, unfortunately, and the effort is just too much in the long run. So I hope we can all have fun with the last ten episodes this year before I start looking for a new hobby in December.

...and about the current round:
140 people are already on it, four from here.

@Fizza @lifer @ReadytoShock @Krull @CactusMan @Bunkerneath @Pirate_Capn @Blooper987 @BabyYoda71 @Anti-Matter ...how about it?

Tuesday (28.2.) was supposed to be the last day before the deadline... but I give you until Wednesday noon, so now it's more than time to join the last February quiz: http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Edited on by Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

StarPoint

@Mr_Horizon I’ll definitely be sad to see these quizzes end! But I really appreciate the work you put into every one of them and committing to it for so long

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

BabyYoda71

I was planning on rejoining these this year, and if it’s the last year they’re happening, I have to! I can’t believe you’ve been doing them for a decade, that’s incredible. Thanks for all the effort you put into these!

I always actually did decent! Never thought #10 would appear in one of these lol

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic