Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,570

Haru17

@UmniKnight Look into the NeoGAF thread. That was a since corrected mistranslation that journalists ran with without first doing their due diligence. The actual quote is a very plain PR quote. They're asked about Switch support, they respond to highlight and promote their upcoming title.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

@UmniKnight Huh. To be honest I'm still wondering whether the guy guessed vague details and got lucky or if he just saw an early / incomplete version of the game and Sony really does have a deal to keep 'MH5' off Switch. Like, it would be very easy to mistake World's big, seamless areas for an open world, and we all know people like to flip and shout 'casualized' if someone puts a tutorial in.

An early and incomplete state of reanimating all of the weapons for World could have given them the impression that not all the weapons would be in (because, at that point, they weren't), the combos would be simplified (same deal), and that the game would focus on legacy monsters (maybe they saw Rath, Barroth, and Jyura (Lavasioth kinda) but not the flagships or new monsters).

Edited on by Haru17

MFD

@Haru17 We'll see what the future brings. I'll by playing World regardless, but I can't stomach how D of a move this is to the handheld guys in the West. Might as well come over here personally, and give them all a slap in the face.

MFD

CrazedCavalier

@Haru17 Different people. MatrixMan mocked the 4chan rumor outright; he teased World by name months before E3.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Haru17

Untitled

World's Famitsu cover. It looks like they were just covering up headlines, but the issue seems to be out in Japan. Follow along on Gaijin's twitter:

Edited on by Haru17

MFD

@CrazedCavalier You seem quite knowledgeable on the subject. Any meaning to him being banned now?

MFD

Haru17

A Reddit user posted an album of the Famitsu pages:

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

One of the more exciting things about World is that most of the fire effects from both monsters and weapons are particle effects, unlike other games that just sorta barrage the screen with billboarded, animated 2D fire and explosion textures. Shock traps look totally different in shape from other effects like healing, etc too, I can't wait to see how thunder, water, ice, and dragon element monsters look.

I was thinking about that, would it make sense to change the effect and damage type of gunlance shelling to the particular weapon's element? 'Cause as is you're dealing impact damage, ice damage, plus a little bit of fire if you have an ice gunlance.

CrazedCavalier

@UmniKnight I lurk neogaf a lot in the months leading up to E3. People can get banned from there for a lot of different reasons; I'm not sure it has any meaning.

@Haru17 That's literally something Frontier did in one of its styles. Since they took the SA Fade Slash straight from it, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Haru17

Untitled

Speaking of elemental effects, an eagle-eyed Reddit user has spotted evidence of Gore Magala's continual presence. Since the devs have been speaking about each monster's place in an ecosystem, I wonder if we won't see real time frenzy virus spread.

Banjo-

This part of the first post should be edited (or erased):

"Unfortunately Nintendo systems seem to be prohibited by Capcom's rumored deal with Sony"

It is known that such deal doesn't exist. The game has been in development for four years, a Wii U version was probably considered but ruled out because of the technical requirements of the game. A Switch version at launch is literally impossible because the Switch development kits were released late last year and unlikely to happen in the future because of how ambitious the game is.

Apart from that, I think that the game is looking awesome and I welcome its overdue presence on home consoles since Tri/Ultimate.

Banjo-

Haru17

@BlueOcean Even if I agreed with you, this isn't Reddit, there is no point in updating the OP because no one's reading it. You bring up a good point about the dev kits, but Capcom even shaped the RAM of the Switch. They could have worked with Nintendo to develop World for it at the game's launch if they wanted, World isn't so large or graphically intensive that Switch just plain wouldn't work.

Moreover, Sony just listed MH:W as one of their TGS show floor games and we are almost certainly about to see the third and TGS trailer during Sony's press conference on the 19th. I don't think we'll truly know whether World will come to Switch or not until the end of its DLC or release of its Ultimate version in 2019.

And yes, I like how the new generation console Monster Hunter games bring with them much needed polish. Even monsters like Rathalos and Barroth which truly needed no changes or additions look so much more alive and dynamically animated in World. I can't wait for a demo or our first taste of the game's full emergent potential. It's probably premature, but maybe we'll see a demo released at TGS. Who knows!

Banjo-

@Haru17 Then I am the only one who reads the first post. The Xbox One version was confirmed the same day as the PS4 version, obviously not at the Sony conference.

I don't think that there will be an Ultimate edition the following year but most probably DLC because this is a new HD AAA game for the generation of the season passes.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Haru17

BlueOcean wrote:

The Xbox One version was confirmed the same day as the PS4 version, obviously not at the Sony conference.

Yep, just like the rumor said it would be.

I think expansions on the crossplatform systems and a simoltaneous launch of an Ultimate version on Switch would be the best case scenario. Of course that couldn't happen if the rumor is true.

CrazedCavalier

@Haru17 "Rathalos truly needed no changes"
Besides the janky homing claw, the awkward charge attack he shares with Rathian, spending a bunch of time out of the hunter's reach (unless you spam flashbombs, in which case lol difficulty)...

Joeynator3000

@Haru17 Eh, the team making World also made MH4/4U...so, Gore showing up here won't surprise me. Chances are Seregios will show up as well.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Haru17

@Joeynator3000 Along with the virus/Gore/Shagaru hint, menus also indicated blast/Brachydios and bleeding/Seregios with the new Sushifish Scale. Other Reddit people have sharp eyes.

Untitled

Untitled

Joeynator3000

Well Blast and Bleeding are slightly different now since other monsters can use them. I mean, it's likely the original sources of the statuses will return anyway, but...just felt like pointing that out. xD
Virus is Magala exclusive at the moment, while Blast and Bleeding has spread to other monsters like Teostra and Shogun.

That reminds me, any hint of the Confusion status? lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Haru17

@Joeynator3000 Yes, but bleeding was only added to Ceanataur in Cross and was only ever on Nargacuga's deviant. It tells us that there is at least one monster that inflicts bleeding in World. So, process of elimination: I think it's doubtful that deviants or frenzied monsters will ever return. If Cenataur returns we don't know if it will still have bleeding like in Cross or whether the main team's iteration will return much like the charge blade has. In terms of Ceanataur vs Seregios I think the flagship is far more likely to return than the crab, as it would only have to be reanimated whereas Ceanataur would probably have to be completely remade with new attacks and movement patterns.

Similarly I don't think blast would be put in the game just for Congalala. I don't think Nakarkos or Hellblade are likely to return. And in terms of Teostra vs Brachydios, I would guess the flagship to return before the elder dragon. Of course in the case of slime there's the chance it could return just as a weapon damage type, but that would be unprecedented.

And of course there's always the chance that these status' are on new monsters we haven't seen yet and not any returning ones, but again it would be simpler / more likely for the flagships that embodied those status' to return.

Edit: We have seen stun, pin, and tremor animations, but nothing that noticeably reverses the hunter's controls yet. I don't believe that was in any menus even in Cross right, or perhaps just the monster's armor set?

Edited on by Haru17

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic