Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Posts 181 to 200 of 221

Peek-a-boo

@Dezzy: Come on man! Did you really just posted a spoiler less than a week after the game is out, even if it comes across as more of an assumption?

Some of us have a life in between playing games and I am nowhere near finding out about Quiet.

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Is it true that the character Quiet has to be nearly naked because she uses photosynthesis? That's one of my all time favourite made up reasons for lewdness.

You know, they do the same thing in Knights of Sidonia, and to some of the same fanservice-y ends, but it makes a lot more sense in the context of that world than it does Metal Gear's. Food is hard to come by out in space, it is not down on earth.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Koopa-King

Just a heads up for anyone who has beaten the game (no spoilers for those who haven't) I suggest looking around on the net about the ending. You may find a little bit of cut content that is very interesting. All I can really say about it.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

crimsontadpoles

I'm looking forward to playing this. A code for this game came with my new graphics card for my computer, and I will give the game a try once I've installed and setup everything to my liking on the computer. I know next to nothing about Metal Gear other than it's a stealth game and that someone called Snake has been in at least one MG game, so I'm really curious to try out the gameplay and see what this game is like.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Haru17

Well, you see this period's Snake is codenamed 'Sneaky Snake.' He's pretty Quiet, but feed him a 'snakey snack' and he'll pipe right up.

6ch6ris6

Koopa-King wrote:

Just a heads up for anyone who has beaten the game (no spoilers for those who haven't) I suggest looking around on the net about the ending. You may find a little bit of cut content that is very interesting. All I can really say about it.

you mean the cut out mission that is explained on the bluray on the ps4 edition? i hope we will get it as DLC someday. i heared it looks like the coolest mission ever

btw: 29 hours played. 8% done. seriously?
today i spent like 2 or 3 hours for ONE side mission. ONE SIDE MISSION !!!
it is so much fun to just explore the scenery and recruit new soldiers

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Rogueleader0908

I want to get this game soon bad. I've never played any metal gear solid games. Should I play them in sequential order or timeline order? Also do I need to play the original metal gears as well?

Rogueleader0908

Nintendo Network ID: Rogueleader0908

6ch6ris6

play them in the order they were released. 1, 2, 3, 4, peace walker, 5

never played the msx and nes ones so i cant really say if you need to play them too. i think you get them for free with some hd-remakes

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Elma-fan

@Rogueleader0908: You do not need to play any of the Metal gear games at all. Honestly this is my first entry in this series, all i did to understand the story was, going on the metal gear timeline website, and watch a couple videos on the previous games. Metal gear solid 3 and peace walker is all you need to know. p.s THIS GAME IS FLIPPING AMAZING!!!!

Elma-fan

GrizzlyArctos

@Rogueleader0908: I wouldn't say it's essential to play the other games first, but it would be useful to understand the story and appreciate some of the references a little more. In the timeline Phantom Pain takes place after 3, Portable Ops and Peace Walker but the Phantom Pain helps to link those games to the other games in the series, so if you wanted to play them in order of the timeline, go for those first.

Saying that, my first game in the MGS series was 4, and despite finding the story quite confusing it wasn't too bad.

Yes, I like bears.

DanMan82

6ch6ris6 wrote:

not sure what numbers i got but there were some heavy server issues within the first days of release. it should work better by now though. dont forget to download your mgs5 ground zeroes data to get some new staff members for mother base ! (yes you need internet for that. dont ask me why

so i have been playing this game for 16hours by now and i have only completed it for 5%.
i think i have completed more side-ops than main missions. the game is so much fun. but it is also really hard in the beginning, because you dont have much items to play around with.

Yeah, despite the servers being "up" now, it seems to be hit and miss for some based on what I read on the interwebs.

But yeah, there is so much to do in this game and it's very easy to be sidetracked. I started school up again on the 7th, so I'll probably be playing this game for ages. lol

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

6ch6ris6

so i was at the end of the mission where you have to rescue emmerich / huey...

light spoiler from now on:
i was at the point where you have emmerich on your shoulders and the metal gear appears. i had no idea what to do. miller said something of making it slip so i shot it's legs with the bazooka but nothing happened. a few more grenades didn't do anything either.
then i tried to just run away from it and i succeeded at the second time. i was at the second landing zone and the metal gear was 400 meters or so away and lost sight of me and the helicopter. no threat. but i couldnt get the helicopter to land. i was standing right at the LZ. sometimes with emmerich on my shoulders and sometimes without. still it didn't come down to pick me up. then i though i could just leave the mission area and end the mission that way.of course with emmerich on my horse. i thought this would be normal cause it worked that way in ground zeroes but i never tried it in phantom pain. when i left mission area miller said the mission would have failed. after a black screen i was at the point where i left the mission area and no sign of emmerich. everything was like in normal free roam. then i looked up the mission on the idroid and it was red but it also had a mark like it was completed. i tried to select the mission again but it says that mission has already been completed. but there was no cutscene and no screen with the mission results. heading back to mother base and also no cutscene.

did i complet the mission? did i fail it? has emmerich been rescued? do i need to do the entire mission again?? can i even do the mission again? is emmerich gone now for the rest of the game?? wtf???? this really pisses me of right now!

why that spoiler no work???

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Haru17

@6ch6ris6 Spoilers for mission 12: Hellbound

I did the same thing! That section with Sahelanthropus is atmospheric, is is epic, it gets your blood pumping, but it's the worst-designed section of the game. I tried to run away on foot, like any normal person would, but as soon as I walked out of the invisible wall it failed the mission and 2 hours of progress with it!

It sucks, but you have to replay the whole thing. The only way to beat it is to hide behind the rocks and basically trick the helicopter into landing, even if Sahelanthropus is right by it. It makes no sense. Be sure to accept the mission from the helicopter as it'll start you off in the cave.

Edited on by Haru17

6ch6ris6

@Haru17: so im not the only one^^
it worked farely well on my second try.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Peek-a-boo

I bumped into Quiet yesterday, just by stumbling through an archway that opens up to a view of a wide open ruins.

Well, that was easy.

I marked her position by using the binoculars and peeked out from behind the cover before having a 'lightbulb' moment; I called for ammo supplies to be dropped onto her current (marked) position. The first time knocked her backwards, the second time knocked her out altogether!

Cue the brilliant cutscene with the Big Boss and Quiet on the helicopter.

Not a fan of the overbearing sexualisation though. Why show a controller prompt (to move the camera around or zoom in) during the cutscenes with Quiet? It's a bit creepy and pervy all at once, and not tastefully so.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Not a fan of the overbearing sexualisation though. Why show a controller prompt (to move the camera around or zoom in) during the cutscenes with Quiet? It's a bit creepy and pervy all at once, and not tastefully so.

Oh my, did they put up the prompt especially for her!? That's hilariously bad; how did I miss that!?! Lol, man, I haven't finished her storyline yet, but that's so dumb.

Like, that scene on the base with Quiet where Ocelot explains that she needs to be naked or she'll suffocate, y'know, because she photosynthesizes. I was face-palming the whole time. Even if that trait starts to make sense later in the story (I don't think it makes a ton of sense in the MGS setting) it'll still be highly convenient for marketing and selling to that particular demographic. Just grins all around.

Edited on by Eel

Peek-a-boo

The whole Quiet thing is really putting me off of the game now. I have just learnt that she is 90% naked because of photosynthesis and her need to be in direct sunlight or in the water to 'survive', just like a flower does.

I am not buying that 'reason', and the whole pre-MGSV chatter from Kojima telling us that we will all be 'ashamed' at calling out on Quiet being naked makes it all the more absurd. If Kojima just said that he likes ogling at a pair of digital breasts, then that would be perfectly fine by me.

Bayonetta (and the equally brilliant sequel) was fine in this context, more so because it has a cartoonish comic book vibe about it, but not in a semi-serious game like this. It makes me feel feel quite embarrassed to play the game; just let me put some clothes on her!

Peek-a-boo

6ch6ris6

but you gotta admit that quiet looks damn fine. the actress of her is so beautiful.

i was already quite sure that there would not be a good reason for her to be almost completly naked. the same reason as there is no reason why her boobs are way bigger than the boobs of her actress.
it is kinda interesting to see the development of women in the mgs franchise. sniper wolf had normal clothes. meryl too but then things changed in mgs2 with ugly blonde woman fortune and eva in mgs3.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Haru17

I deeply, deeply hope that men go to conventions cosplaying as her by wearing only pantyhose, a bikini, and an ammo belt.

Edit: Oh god, it's already happened, oh god, these are just the best:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Haru17

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic