Forums

Topic: Google Stadia

Posts 321 to 340 of 387

Tasuki

blockfight wrote:

I know you have. If streaming is of no interest to you why are you on a forum called Google Stadia? This is here for people who are interested in it to chat about it. Not for people to chime in everytime there's a new comment by someone just so you can say "This sucks, I don't like it." I don't care if you don't like it. I care that I do like it.

If you are talking about Anti-Matter you might as well talk to a wall or put him on your ignore list. He does that crap all the time. He thinks his opinions are the right ones and anyone who disagrees with him is wrong and stupid. Alot of people have pointed this out to him but he just ignores them and continues that kind of behavior, I am honestly surprised he hasn't been banned from the site for that kind of behavior but it is what it is. But yeah just keep your sanity and ignore him.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@blockfight It's interesting to hear your opinions on Stadia and I am glad it works for you. I can see where it would work for some people and where it won't for others. I mean obviously if you are a collector it won't interest you but that's why they have PS4, Xbox, PC and Switch.

The thing that I laugh about some of these comments about that you don't own the games and that if Google pulls the plug you lose your games forever. I wonder how many of those people have Netflix, Disney+ or some other streaming service and use those instead of owning the actual movie or TV series, same thing applies.

If Netflix was to shut down all of a sudden they wouldnt have their movies, tv shows etc. What about when shows, movies leave Netflix for example Disney movies, did they cry about them leaving Netflix and say oh Netflix is a waste I don't own tbem, Netflix is going to only last one more year. Nope more then like they just got a sub to Disney+. It's the same thing with Stadia.

My Backlog

blockfight

@Tasuki exactly. These days there's not a lot of media we properly own outright. Even some of my games that I have physical copies for like Splatoon for example, Nintendo will one day turn off the servers. My cartridge is now practically useless.
I'm all for physical consoles and games. Just because I play cloud games doesn't mean to say that's all I play. People seem to think you're either on one side or the other. I just want to play games. If its easier for me to play on the cloud, that's where I'll probably buy a game. When the next Zelda game comes out I'll be buying a physical cartridge. And when Mario 64 released a few weeks back on Switch I bought it day 1 despite having an N64 in my game room setup. People will always want an easy way to play their games. Right now, cloud is easier for some people.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

Tasuki

@blockfight Exactly. Cloud technology has come so far. One of the reasons I went with Xbox this gen instead of PS right away is because of XCloud. I love having the option of playing my Gamepass games on my phone or tablet especially when I don't have access to my TV.

What funny is I have NES, Genesis, SNES games from my childhood and I can probably count on one hand how many times I have played those games in the past year. Alot of these people that say oh I like having physical so I can go back and play them I wonder how many actually do. It's almost like the use them more as bragging rights oh I have over 300 NES games oh I have 200 PS4 games etc. Some people just don't have the room for that many of just don't need to hang on to stuff.

My Backlog

Octane

@Tasuki To be fair, it's a lot easier to download a torrent of a film and watch it that way. I can watch them on my phone if I want to, so I don't value films as much as I do games, which require specific hardware, or emulation in combination with good hardware to run it. Additionally, you don't spend 100+ hours with a film building your character, completing quests, getting trophies, etc. People generally invest more time and money in a single game, than they do with a film.

I don't care if Netflix removes Pulp Fiction tomorrow, I can easily find another way to watch it in 10 minutes. With games it's a lot more difficult, especially if you also lose save files, updates, DLCs, and such.

Octane

blockfight

@Octane only catch with what you're doing is that it's illegal. If people want to do it legally it's gonna cost money.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

redd214

Looks like Stadia wont be getting any exclusives moving forward. I give it another year at most! Tech is solid and the service itself runs the best out of any other cloud platform but if theres on thing Google does better than search and ads, its certainly shut down services.

https://9to5google.com/2021/02/01/google-shuts-down-first-par...

Official statement from Google:

https://blog.google/products/stadia/focusing-on-stadias-futur...

Edited on by redd214

redd214

TheFrenchiestFry

Didn't they make like only a single first party game for Stadia before these developers went defunct

This is embarrassing lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

blockfight

Would have liked an exclusive or 2 but I'll be happy enough if they keep bringing me big AAA third party titles.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

redd214

@blockfight I wouldn't expect even that for too much longer my friend. The writing is on the wall, if they barely believe in their own service why would most AAA studios believe in it either. Not bashing the service, I've been a proponent of cloud gaming since OnLive almost a decade ago, I was even in the beta of what eventually became stadia like 4 or 5 years ago. Cloud gaming is awesome in the right conditions and there is def. a place for it in addition to traditional platforms, but I for sure wouldn't expect a whole lot of 3rd party bangers to come anymore and wouldn't even consider buying a game from Stadia with Google's track record.

redd214

Tasuki

What is the price like for Stadia?? Do you actually pay the same.price for games as you would on PS or Xbox or is it a subscription plan like Netflix?

My Backlog

blockfight

I would totally understand some people being nervous about investing in any future games. Personally I don't see this as a death knell for the service. I don't see how third party developers would avoid Stadia now based on this news. If anything its just another platform for them to make money on.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

redd214

@Tasuki well both. If you want to buy a game outright than yes you're going to pay the full $60 retail you would on everything else. There is also a Stadia Pro sub that unlocks a 4k/5.1 Surround sound & member discounts for $10/month and you get a couple games free a month just like plus/gold.

@blockfight your optimism is admirable.

redd214

rockodoodle

I wonder if Apple Arcade or Amazon go this way... I hope not for Apple Arcade. There’s some cool stuff on it.

rockodoodle

Tasuki

@redd214 Now see that I don't get. Who would pay $60 for something they can't keep?? I mean if it was a subscription service like Netflix then I can see the appeal. At least with digital games I buy from the PS Store I can play with no internet connection.

Although I found this video that Pat the NES Punk did on his podcast the other somewhat interesting and they brought up some good point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g0MRxGWmONw

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Dezzy

Fairwell Stadia. It was a brave attempt, but frankly I'm glad the megacorp who owns you will not suck up more capability to harvest the behavioural data of every human on earth, so they can all be controlled by S̶k̶y̶n̶e̶t̶ Deepmind.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

So, Stadia will be history by the end of this year ?

Anti-Matter

blockfight

@redd214 thanks.

@Dezzy see you here next year when Stadia is "dead" again.

Edited on by blockfight

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic