Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Creation Challenge Thread [Voting for: Time Limits, New Theme: Pink Coins, Deadlines: April 3rd]

Posts 141 to 160 of 363

SuperWiiU

I'm about finished with my level, I didn't expect to be ready before the original deadline as I've struggled with a few different idea's. Thanks to the new deadline I'll leave it another day or so for testing.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

MasterWario

@Zyrac's level has inspired me. I wanted to do the same kind of thing, scrolling with the feather, but wasn't sure how I wanted to do it. Now I've got a pretty good idea I think!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

SuperWiiU

My entry into the flying theme. As I've already made two flying levels for the previous two themes, I limited the actual flying in this level so most of it consists of regular platforming. It's also not that hard compared to my previous competition levels.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

MasterWario

Alright I got mine done. Not my best work, but I just adore the idea! It makes me wish para beetles (buzzies with wings) were easier to step on. It's great what you can do with them, but they sure make levels difficult! I might make an easier version of this but this'll still be my entry.

And since I like SMB3 style so much I decided to go with that since the level doesn't revolve around the feather anymore.

EDIT: Here's the easier version: Para-Trip Gentle Breeze (Medium) - FCEE-0000-00AC-831C

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

MasterWario

Well it seems like my Para-Trip is even more difficult than I thought! I feel like I have to take it down and revise it or something, but so far only @SuperWiiU has been able to complete it. May I ask if you thought it was too difficult?

My Pushmo Levels

SuperWiiU

MasterWario wrote:

Well it seems like my Para-Trip is even more difficult than I thought! I feel like I have to take it down and revise it or something, but so far only @SuperWiiU has been able to complete it. May I ask if you thought it was too difficult?

I had more trouble with Zyrac's para level. You get enough power-ups and it doesn't have scrolling, so if you're willing to deal with para troopers it shouldn't be too hard. You do have to wait for more than two para beetles though, which some people might not get. I don't know if you know any of the other players of your level, but random people might give up easier if they play it in 100 Mario Challenge(with only a few plays it might've shown up in the easy or medium challenges).

MasterWario

Ok, thanks for the feedback! There's this one person (not on NL) that we play each other's levels back and forth, and he makes levels that I can't always beat but even he couldn't beat this one, so I was starting to get worried.

I also added a comment that will hopefully help future players with that part!

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

MasterWario

I think it's time for a new theme right? We're a little past the deadline. Should I just come up with another and/or announce the winner of "No Enemies"?

Off the top of my head I'm thinking "Cheep Cheeps/Water" for our next theme. We could use some more of those levels.

EDIT: Cool, cool, sounds good.

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

Blue_Blur

@MasterWario: I was starting to wonder when the new contest would start too... I would wait one more day to announce the winner, but I like your Cheep Cheep/Water theme. We can make that the next theme, and start working on that level. When you announce the winner, you should also set the deadline for the Flying theme voting.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

SuperWiiU

Lets just wait for iBazly to get back. Personally I know why there aren't many water levels, they are horrible and you can't even add water to regular levels so you're stuck with a complete underwater sections.

iBazly

Oh gosh guys I'm so sorry. I had two assignments, two exams, and was guest lecturing two classes this week, and kind of forgot that this existed -_-.

It looks like we have a tie for No Enemies, between @MasterWario and @SuperWiiU. Also we seem to have less people voting than submitting levels so, please, if you can, remember to vote for levels if you are also submitting! Also @MasterWario did I miss the post with your vote? I saw you say you were going to but weren't sure, then didn't see a vote after that.

As for the next theme, I think it's only appropriate that with Halloween just around the corner, we make that the theme! With a special submission deadline of October 31 at 11:59 PM EST.

Voting for the Flying levels will also go until October 31 at 11:59 PM EST. And the levels are:

@crimsontadpoles - Fierce and Furious Flying Foes - BC73-0000-009F-FCD7
@Blue_Blur - Up And Away! - F007-0000-00A0-FBC9
@Orderpro - The Space Exploration - 7AB1-0000-009F-D23D
@iBazly - Para Beetle Mansion - AB4C-0000-00A8-EAA9
@Zyrac - Windy Watchtowers - 76AD-0000-00A8-4B7E
@OorWullie - Stario Wars - Episode 1 - A249-0000-0046-BA02
@SuperWiiU - Falling Out of the Blue - 3DF4-0000-00AC-3EC7
@MasterWario - Para-Trip - 4249-0000-00AC-28DE
@mrichston - Bombs Away! - F99F-0000-00B6-CD92

Sorry again for the delay everybody. Bit of a hell week for me, but it's almost over!

MasterWario

For voting here, the levels I've played so far have been really fantastically good this time around; you guys cannot seem to make it easy for me. I'll actually get a vote in before the voting deadline this time though. XD

@SuperWiiU: Ah well that's why I mentioned Cheep Cheeps in there in case you didn't want to use water, but it's fine since Bazly has a better idea anyway.

@iBazly: Well I did say I would wait for a tie and since there's no way I'm voting for myself that would push SuperWiiU to victory. Oh and, hang in there buddy, I know what it's like to be crammed with schoolwork!

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

crimsontadpoles

That new theme sounds great to me. I've still not made a ghost house level yet, so the Halloween theme is the perfect opportunity for me to create one.

Also, I'm liking the current timings of these challenges. I'm not playing this game quite as much as previously, so having a challenge every 2 weeks is fine with me.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

MasterWario

I kinda had a surge of inspiration and already finished my entry. It's got a secret exit but I wonder if people will find it the first time thinking it's the regular exit.

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

Undead_terror

I got a sp00ky level I can submit here xP

This level was also submitted to another Halloween contest!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.