Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 921 to 940 of 4,671

Ryu_Niiyama

@gcunit Yeah, I feel like a smoker. But I do it from time to time if I notice my attention span decreasing for things outside of gaming. My way of re-calibrating my system for my vices.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX I woke up this morning and thought "Last day of the sale...", then I had one last look at the shortlist I'd drawn up at the start of the sale, amd I said to myself "No, I don't need these now, I won't play any of them for months, and they're bound to go on sale again even cheaper".

I put the shortlist away, affirmed by my self-control.

90 minutes later I bought Valkyria Chronicles, Gonner, and Wulverblade

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Haha, I know that feeling...

I would have liked to say that it was the exact same for me, but in this case, the only similar thing would be:

"I woke up this morning and thought "Last day of the sale...", then I had one last look at the shortlist I'd drawn up at the start of the sale"

and then I bought the games...

Screw that middle part of overthinking the not really needing them. Who needs games anyway?
We sure as hell do like 'em, though. So, I bought them, completely unburdened by any such foul thoughts as "there are better things to do with that money" or "I don't really need any more games, considering the massive back log that I already have"...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

klingki

ThanosReXXX wrote:

So, I caved, and succumbed to the eShop sale...

Bought these, in the exact order that I put them:

Horizon Chase Turbo
Steam World Heist
Steam World Dig
Valkyria Chronicles
Worms W.M.D.

That's a nice haul. I'm not really into the Steam World games, but I know they're well regarded. Horizon Chase Turbo and Valkyria Chronicles are great though!

klingki

Lroy

@ThanosReXXX You’ve got a Switch now? Cool.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

CurryPowderKeg79

Just bough Toejam & Earl Back In The Groove which has been on my wishlist since launch for 25% off.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Ralizah

@gcunit Good choices. No idea about Wulverblade, but GoNNeR is incredibly addictive and creative, and Valkyria Chronicles is an absolute classic from the last console generation.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ThanosReXXX

@Lroy Yup. Since Dec 28th already. When I bought it, I also bought Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, and later on, I bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Mario + Rabbids.

Besides the digital games I mentioned earlier, I've also got Golf Story, and today, I decided to add two more games to the physical list:

As bad of a reputation that it has, I simply HAD to get the showcase title, so yes, regardless of what anyone thinks of it, I actually completely voluntarily bought 1-2 Switch...

It was available for a €10 discount over here, so that was decent enough for me.
And besides that, I also bought ARMS. I've had the demo for a long time, and I really enjoyed it, but a demo can only go so far, obviously...

And last, but certainly not least, I decided to get me a Pro controller. That'll be all for the next couple of months, though. Enough money spent on hobby-related stuff. Although I might round it off with the DLC for Mario + Rabbids, but we'll see. Perhaps there'll be another discount in a couple of months...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@klingki Yeah, they are, aren't they?

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Eeeh.... !! 😀
You played ARMS too ?
When you see my name DAVID.H during Online Play / Party Crash Event, that's me. 😉

Anti-Matter

Lroy

@ThanosReXXX Sounds like a great haul already buddy. Glad you jumped onboard and hope you get many, many hrs of enjoyment from your purchases.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I don't play Switch online.
(edit: and I've bought ARMS today, so I haven't played the full game yet, only the demo, but never online)

@Lroy Oh, no worries: you can be sure of that.
I have always enjoyed Nintendo hardware and games, and I've certainly found the Switch to be yet another highly entertaining piece of hardware, and some of it's games, including the third party ones, are highly addictive.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BruceCM

DLC for Mario + Rabbids is well worth getting ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

funnyman420

Super Mario 2: the Lost Levels is the best 2d Mario game. It honestly feels like an old version of levels in Super Mario maker but actually Nintendo official which I LOVE. Mario Odyssey on the other hand... is extremely overrated. The Broodals are generic and lack personality and distinction, it is WAY too easy, and it just is so much different from other Mairo games which I don't like personally.

EDIT: Also, I really have no idea why people hate ARMS so much. It's a decent multiplayer game, and most people don't realize that you can just use buttons instead of gyroscopic controls. I personally think it deserves a better bigger community and its sad not a lot of people play it.

Edited on by funnyman420

shut

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Oh, make no mistake: I'll be getting it alright, just don't know if I want to add it to the hundreds that I've already spent these last couple of days. I basically already threw out my "I'm gonna stick to this predetermined budget" idea, the minute I decided to add a Pro Controller to the list, so even the smallest extra addition on top of that, would be surpassing the "too much" level, that I've already surpassed...

@J-Plap Who are these people you speak of? I haven't seen any negative comments regarding ARMS here, either before or after I mentioned having bought it, so I think there's not really anything going on in regards to people hating on ARMS.

Anti-Matter

@J-Plap
I think is because ARMS is a "Boxing" game with elastic arms like Dhalsim and not everyone adore boxing sports as reality.

Anti-Matter

Forgotten_Arctic

Latest Switch Purchase? "Robonauts" by QubicGames. Only I don't have a Switch. And I didn't buy it.

QubicGames gave it away for free for their 15th anniversary via newsletter. Sweet.

Edited on by Forgotten_Arctic

Nothing is better than playing a game and having a character say something like, "What was your name again? I forgot. Oh! Forgotten!"

Forgotten Arctic

3DS Friend Code: 3154-0349-0002 | My Nintendo: Forgotten | Nintendo Network ID: forgottenarctic

Magician

The Variety Game Pack
The Sports Pack
Pato Box
Old Man's Journey

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

funnyman420

Wait a minute... oh gosh I'm so dumb. I'm sorry for using the wrong thread and being a little out of context I could've sworn I was saying this in the unpopular gaming opinions XD.

shut

SigourneyBeaver

Wonder Boy Remix Returns. So close to the original that the frustrated screams of my youth are faithfully restored. Why did I buy this? LOL!

Sigourney Beaver.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic