Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 901 to 920 of 4,673

Lroy

Bought METAL SLUG 2 and KONAMI ARCADE COLLECTION for @corneel ‘s arcade challenges.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

R_Champ

judaspete wrote:

Just got Breath of the Wild. I know, I'm late to the party, but still looking forward to it.

I feel there's nothing wrong being late to the party with single-player games. Usually, you can get them at a discount and they are just as enjoyable since you don't have to worry about online being dead/cancer by buying the game late.

I bought Witcher 3 late and was able to get the GOTY Edition for around $25. Still amazing even if I didn't buy it day 1.

My most recent purchase on Switch is Ys VIII. I've been waiting to buy it and immediately snatched it up when it went on sale during Golden Week. Been an amazing game so far. Everything is so fast paced (in a good way).

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

SigourneyBeaver

So many discounts recently.

Yesterday I got:

SteamWorld Dig
Coffee Crisis
Startide

Sigourney Beaver.

Zerocritic

Just bought the final fantasy x/x2 HD remaster and a thin case for my switch

KJ

CurryPowderKeg79

I just bought a $20 eshop card for $16.50. And with that $20 i bought
(1)Steamworld Dig
(2)Steamworld Dig 2
(3)Steamworld Heist

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Arbor

just bought shovel knight: treasure trove. been looking at it for awhile and at 50% off i couldn’t resist!

Arbor

sikthvash

Just bought Hyrule Warriors for Switch - I had it on the Wii U, shelved it, and now I want to return to try out all the extras in the definitive edition.

Edited on by sikthvash

sikthvash

Nintendo Network ID: sikthvash

DarkSim01

@BacklogBlues That is a great value haul there.

My last purchase was Steamworld Quest and, while not as fun as Dig 2 or Heist, it's great. Next will be pre-ordering Mario Maker 2 and probably Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Maybe the Castlevania Collection....

DarkSim01

klingki

@Arbor Great timing too. After the rest of the content releases it's getting a price hike, so now is the time to jump on it.

klingki

StarViruZ

Just bought Minecraft since its 10th aniversary, got leftovers on my wallet so I bought it. Next purchase might be Pokemon Sword if it comes in pre-order

StarViruZ

Dohogerse

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove and Super Mario Maker 2 on pre-order. Will be it for good while me thinks.

Dohogerse

Magician

Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland
Yoshi's Crafted World
Team Sonic Racing (20% off, on launch day? Sure, why not then, Sega needs the money.)

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

@R_Champ I still haven't played Witcher 3.

Like you said, being patient with SP games doesn't matter. I'll happily play games from decades ago, so waiting 5 or 6 years to play something I'm not excited about is no big deal.

Enjoy Ys VIII. It was great from beginning to end.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

komodo182

@Ralizah Once you start Witcher 3, it will take over your life for awhile.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

gcunit

@Ryu_Niiyama You managed to form any opinion on Yono yet?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ryu_Niiyama

@gcunit Not really one to speak of. I'm on a gaming restriction currently (that's why I didn't respond when you pinged me) I've only put in about an hour or two. It's okay. The artstyle ranges from charming to a little disturbing for me but the characters are amusing. The world feels a bit cramped and I am not sure if that is intentional because you are an elephant or just poor design choice. That isn't a deal breaker but its is something that I noticed. Also the gameworld is rather empty with only a few enemies on screen at a time but I am under the assumption that combat is more of an after thought similar to say LttP so I'm not bothered by that, as I didn't buy it to be an action game. The gameplay is a bit more simple than I expected and the puzzle elements are easy but that isn't entirely a con if that is what you want to play that day. I wouldn't recommend it at full price, but if you want a cute story about an elephant saving the world then it isnt bad. I'll be off my restrictions come July so I'll play more then but if you are waiting on me to pull the trigger, I'd say watch a few lets plays because I won't have the bandwidth to play until July.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

antster1983

Just bought Valkyria Chronicles in the eShop sale.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

gcunit

@Ryu_Niiyama Thanks, you've said enough to make my mind up, having read a few other bits on it. I'll pass for now. Good luck with your restriction - tough going.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

So, I caved, and succumbed to the eShop sale...

Bought these, in the exact order that I put them:

Horizon Chase Turbo
Steam World Heist
Steam World Dig
Valkyria Chronicles
Worms W.M.D.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic