Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,867

Vortexeo

@Mioaionios My playthrough was 79 hours! I didn't do all the sidequests yet but that's what I'm gonna be doing now! I can't lie, I really think this might be my favorite Xenoblade

Edited on by Vortexeo

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Vortexeo

I'm gonna need to update my banner now lol

Mioaionios

@Vortexeo
At 79 hours of playtime, you still have plenty of side quests waiting for you.
I think you might be surprised by how good some of them are.

My guess is XC3 is going to turn out to be many people's favorite of the franchise.
It's a masterpiece in my opinion. Aside from 1 single regular quest, I can't think of anything else to criticize the game with.

Mioaionios

XandertheWise

I have a question about the last part of Chapter 2 and for throught the whole game.

i just defeated the first Consul/Moebius by turning into two Ouroboros.

Is that an automatic thing pretty much during whatever big boss battles?

the other battle gameplay mechanics i understand getting the hang of it such as Pressing + for the super combo finishing move stuff but still curious about the whole Ouroboros thing

XandertheWise

kennykenny

I finished the story in 85 hours. I've gone back and finished all the sidequests and done more exploring an additional 40 hours. I just don't want to stop.

kennykenny

jedgamesguy

Seems a lot of you are starting to wrap up the main story. I’m a little though Chapter 7 after getting all the Origin metal, and defeating Consul C, and I assume I’ll be entering the final region very soon. So far I’ve put 42 hours into the game.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

Mioaionios wrote:

@TheJGG
I hear what you're saying about filling in the maps of XC3.
I've taken it slowly myself. I'm over 100 hours in and still have some areas I haven't explored fully primarily Erythia Sea and some high level areas in earlier zones.

When I do a quest I explore the immediate vicinity of it, maybe I see some husks or a container in the distance and go pick those up, but I try not to eplore entire areas for the sake of it because eventually you got to go there anyway for some other quest.
After a while, you'll only have to fill in the blanks.

By the way, I love how enormous the regions are, each containing multiple biomes. It only further enhances the feeling of awe and wonder for me.

I don’t do that… and to be honest I should. I’ve spent a lot of time just going through the map and filling it in manually, since my OCD just can’t accept a half filled map. It was a little less tedious than it seems, partly because of the soundtrack. Music is amazing in virtually every area. Love the more beautiful, serene tracks over the bombastic epic ones like Millick Meadows. Erythia Sea’s one of my favourites for that reason.

As for the interchanging biomes, I love it too. The transition’s so organic, almost every time I didn’t even notice that I had walked into a completely different area. The maps are huge, and a pleasure to explore. Only thing I’d complain is that it’s all the same stuff we’ve seen in other mainline XC games… but that’s not a bad thing at all.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Mioaionios

@TheJGG
One more thing on filling in the maps: when you're at a high level late in the game, it becomes way easier to do because monsters stop attacking you every 5 feet.

Mioaionios

XandertheWise

@TheJGG well Xenoblade 3 has invisible wall blocking that prevents from you from wandering off too far from the beginning area youre supposed to go to.

filling out the map/wide open spaces was easier to do in Xenoblade 1 though. Xenoblade 2 i put on the backburner for now until later on whenever i get tired of Xenoblade 3.

XandertheWise

Ralizah

Said I was gonna ignore side content, but I've been beavering away at exploring all of those question marks in the ocean anyway.

The consuls in this chapter are certainly refreshingly different than usual.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

XandertheWise

last night while i was watching the scenes after the first Consul/Moebius, those other Consuls or whoever they are their red metal outfits resembled old timey castle jesters

XandertheWise

Vortexeo

@Mioaionios you had a problem with one particular quest? Which quest was that?

Vortexeo

@Mioaionios I don't think I've done that one so I guess I'll experience it myself 😅

Mioaionios

@Vortexeo
You'll know it when you come across it.
It's the only quest I needed a guide for and I doubt it's solvable without a lot of trial and error.

Mioaionios

JaxonH

Well into chapter 5 right now. I love the Hero Monica not just because she has Smash and I needed a good Defender, but also I just love her character. She reminds me of Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, for some reason, and I Elma was my girl.

Game also has a ring of The Matrix to it, does it not? I know the similarities are a bit thin, but it just reminds me of it, in a good way. Maybe it's the big hidden city where the last true humans live, or the fact humans are grown by machine like entities (well, not really, but their Moebius form resemble machines).

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mioaionios

@JaxonH
Never made the comparison to Matrix myself, but now that you've mentioned it... yeah, I can see it.

Mioaionios

Ralizah

Just finished Ch. 5 and... wow, what a ride that was. I'm sure they'll retcon what happened next chapter with some metaphysical BS, but it was an interesting bit of raw, sustained storytelling. Kinda expected Noah was going to rush forward and stab Mio at the end there to prevent her from being absorbed by the queen, since that somehow apparently ejects them from the cycle of rebirth, but I guess not..

I've played this game for over seven hours today. My eyes hurt.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic