Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,867

defhed

@KilloWertz once you get to the 3rd game it's going to be just that much more rewarding that you played the first two. after you get through the games and experience the endings and really learn just what these games are really all about.

defhed

KilloWertz

@defhed Thanks. I look forward to you being right.

I've been enjoying the first one so far. I do find the combat a hair repetitive, but the story has been pretty good so far. I think I'm on Chapter 5 right now after a little over 20 hours.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

XandertheWise

yes i have been playing Xenoblade 2 and thats how the attacks are in the game

Mioaionios wrote:

@XandertheWise
I seriously doubt you've played XC2 because that's not how that game works.

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

i just want to know if attacking the enemies is automatic where you cant control your characters or can you control what youre actually doing manually?

XandertheWise

Balta666

@XandertheWise this games is the same as the other 2. When you start a battle auto attacks start. Then you can manually use arts, and you should try to cancel them in rhythm with the auto attacks for Higher rewards. Half of the team arts raise on a cooldown (like in 1) and the others as auto attacks hit (as in 2). In general the combat is more similar to 2.

P.s: also as in both you can move around as you please. But as everyone else I am confused with your question lol

Edited on by Balta666

kennykenny

Finished the game. Wow. That was incredible. I stand by my opinion you should play the other two games first.

kennykenny

KilloWertz

@Balta666 Didn't necessarily need an update, but I just added you.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

defhed

@KilloWertz yea, the combat does show its age but 2&3 improved it and made it more fun

@kennykenny lol.. and here I am, I spent basically like a whole day clearing the map in the desert area and haven't even started doing stuff for chapter 4. Idk how you guys plow through this game so fast, I probably got another month to go lol

defhed

kennykenny

@defhed I was kind of surprised by how quickly I got through it. Played about 80 hours. I uncovered all of the map except in the water region. It helped that I had a few bonus days off. I was preparing myself to play 120-150 like a few of the reviewers said, but it turns out I'm not as much of a completionist as they are. I found all the heroes and did a lot of side quests though. I played more hours of XC3 than I did of XC1 or 2. I'm very happy with it all. I might have enjoyed playing a bit slower, but I got so caught up in the story I just couldn't stop.

kennykenny

Beaucine

@XandertheWise

You control everything except the weak auto-attack, which is always "playing" in the background while you make your decisions. Otherwise, from positioning to arts and transformations, it's all you. Of course, I'm talking about the character you're controlling at any given time. You're constantly switching between squad mates and — obviously — the characters you're not controlling are on auto-pilot until you select them.

Edited on by Beaucine

Beaucine

Munchlax

On chapter 3 and after doing every side quest, I’m am around 10 levels over levelled. Just discovered that both exp and cp returns are diminished with overlevelling, and so now unlocking classes is painfully slow without grinding and becoming more overlevelled. I wish they would patch in the level down system from XCDE.

Edited on by Munchlax

Munchlax

RR529

@Ralizah, yeah, I've been using my bonus EXP. Explored around Dannagh Desert quite a bit today and got everyone up to about level 30, so I'm gonna try fighting him again soon.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Mioaionios

Got to the end of Chapter 5 yesterday and felt emotionally drained afterwards. Goodness, this game goes places I never expected.

Mioaionios

Munchlax

@Balta666 That works when you have full hero affinity, but not when the orange bar is still filling.

Munchlax

XandertheWise

just started playing the beginning of Xenoblade 3 last night to experience the main story a little bit.

So, is Noah supposed to be a boy or girl? the slicked back ponytail makes Noah look like a girl

XandertheWise

Ralizah

@XandertheWise Pretty clearly a male. Not even a very feminine looking one, really. Ponytails aren't a massively rare hairstyle for men.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Beaucine

I was progressing along the main storyline and then the sidequests started happening. So far very pleased with them. I like how they all feel relevant to the story and world, especially the hero quests, which feel like self-contained episodes in a television season. Everything you do, even the most menial errand, feels somehow relevant and important. I hope the Zelda team is taking notes.

Beaucine

RR529

Still only on chapter 3, as there's just so much side content at this point.

Liberated Colony 9, did what side quests arised from that, and just liberated Colony Gamma as well. Going to do what side quests pop up from that, and then I'll go back to see if I can complete the Colony 4 side quest I dropped earlier, the one where you have to kill the 3 unique monsters, since I should be strong enough now.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic