Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,800

Matt_Barber

Ralizah wrote:

@XandertheWise Pretty clearly a male. Not even a very feminine looking one, really. Ponytails aren't a massively rare hairstyle for men.

Funnily enough, my wife thought that Noah was a girl at first glance. It always seemed pretty obvious to me though. We're not even talking SMT V levels of androgyny.

Matt_Barber

XandertheWise

@Beaucine well from what i read on tips and secrets etc web pages for Xeno 3 on sites like thegamer and gamerant you get bombarded with the rest of the game in chapter 3 which is fine with me.

I just started the game last night and still in the middle of Chapter 1 where i just arrived at the big Colony 9 town

XandertheWise

Ralizah

@Beaucine While I don't feel like this game is a wholesale improvement over previous games, I will say that the sidequests in this blow the ones in previous games out of the water. Which is great, because one of my long-standing issues with the series was with its tedious side-content.

@Matt_Barber If anything, Noah seems pleasantly masculine in attitude and design. He's especially nice to look at with just his black undershirt on, since the chest muscles are more apparent.

Nahobino has an extremely androgynous design, so I fully understand people being confused there. Particularly since the character doesn't really talk.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

I'm so hopelessly lost in this game.

I'm on chapter 4 and at Level 43. I've gotten about 8-10 Heroes thus far. Just got one at Level 38 that required fighting Level 41-43 enemies and Consul. That was not easy. But I had 4 War Medics and was rolling deep in skills that buff healing. We managed. Now I'm down to just 1 War Medic. Such is the nature of the class merry-go-round.

Oh. I found a cave tunnel system with some light puzzle elements. That was genuinely surprising. Looks like Zelda has rubbed off on some of Monolith Soft's devs. I like it.

Trying to keep up with all the sidequests before moving on. At the level I'm at I just got access to a ton, and every Hero I have is linked to multiple sidequests. There were two from Vandi's colony I haven't done yet. One required materials where I didn't have enough. And the other was some supply drop across a sea on a high mountain I couldn't figure out how to reach. But I am gaining access to new field skills, like climbing up sand dunes, so I'm sure I'll meander my way there eventually once I have more traversal options.

But ya. The Hero Quests are exceptional. Each and every one replete with story and cutscenes and at least two quality boss fights. I'm really digging searching the map for ? symbols. Cause I know wherever I find a ? there's something good.

edit
Ha! Monolith Soft shared a message (won't touch on the spoiler aspect connecting to the first two games mentioned, for the sake of anyone who never played the first two) but he also shared this.

I have one recommendation for how to play Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Some things are marked by a ? on the game map. Even if you are in the middle of progressing the main story after finding the ? marks, try taking a detour. There are many encounters waiting there

Was literally just talking about doing this.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mioaionios

@JaxonH
The game sure is addicting.
Once you go down the side-quest-rabbit-hole there never seems to be an end in sight. Lol

Mioaionios

VoidofLight

I beat 3 within a week, and I like how vague it is in some cases. It doesn't spell everything out to the player in terms of story, and pretty much requires you to sit and think on it in some cases.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Vortexeo

I just finished chapter 5....oh my God y'all

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Mioaionios

@Vortexeo
I know, right?
I was emotionally drained after that. Never expected this game to become that heavy.
And it's all done so effective as well. Such a far cry from the melodrama of XC2.

Mioaionios

Beaucine

@XandertheWise

Yeah, chapter 3 is when you start getting the real sidequests. More specifically, the hero quests, which are technically sidequests but feel like mainline story progression, with their boss fights and cinematics and character introductions. They're quite something and I've been lost in them for a number of hours already, despite the critical path pointing in the exact opposite direction to where I'm going now. Like I mentioned before, though, these quests feel strongly connected to the overall story and character purpose, to the point where I often forget that I'm deviating from the critical path.

@Ralizah

I'm loving that. It's my first Xeno game, though I caught a little YouTube history of the broader franchise over the weekend and now I'm itching to at least try out the first Chronicles and the original Xenogears after this. I already know Xenogears is essentially incomplete from that YouTube video, but what I saw looked dope.

Edited on by Beaucine

Beaucine

Vortexeo

@Mioaionios Dude oml I don't even know where to start...Massive Xenogears vibes from this one (in the best way possible).

I don't think any of the other Xenoblade games hit me like this. Sure XC1 and XC2 had their sad moments but XC3 hit so much harder. Seeing Noah damn near break his hand trying to break out, plus the entire party crying when Mio was talking to them. I completely hated Consul N, especially when he gave Noah his flute to send off Mio. Then the whole deal with Shania too! God...so many emotions in this chapter

Mioaionios

@Vortexeo
The story is so good that I decided to stop doing side quests for the time being and finish the story first. Can't wait to see how it's going to end. Just started Chapter 7.

Mioaionios

Vortexeo

@Mioaionios Man, I might honestly just do the same thing. The story really accelerated and I have so many questions lol. I'll probably do ng+ for whenever I get around to doing 100% completion.

Truegamer79

I just started this game a week ago and It's been alot of fun so far. I'm rather confused about the plot though. Is that normal for xenoblade games? For one what the hell is going on with the eyes of the characters? Are they all androids or something? I Don't get the whole flame clock thing and furthermore what's this about a 10 year life span and fighting to live or living to fight? The storyline makes my head hurt. I feel like Austin powers, oh no I've gone cross eyed! 😕

Other than that great game!

Truegamer79

Mioaionios

@Vortexeo
Changed my mind, lol.
During the main quest in Chapter 7 I came across an area that blew my mind - again - and now I want to find out what else is out there that I haven't discovered yet. Still have dozens of side quests to complete, and I'm sure many more will be waiting for me.
I'm going to be busy for the next couple of days before venturing to my final destination. I have it in sight, can go there now if I want to, but I'm holding off for now. I want to savour this experience for as long as possible.

@Truegamer79
Xenoblade is steeped in fantasy and sci-fi. Don't try to compare it to our world, it's not ours. Look at it as a different universe with its own sets of rules and everything will start to make sense.
I won't go into the whys and hows specifically because that entails spoilers, but you'll discover it for yourself soon enough.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

TommyTendo

I'm very close to the final boss. I might get to the final boss today, activate the quick warp and go back to unlock all the heroes before I beat the game.

Olliemar28

So cool to see everyone enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles 3 so much! It's making me even more excited to get through the game, as I'm currently only on Chapter 2 right now.

It's great so far and I love the core cast of characters; I've often struggled to form any attachment to large groups of characters in JRPGs, but Monolith Soft has done a great job in making Noah and Co. a likeable bunch.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

defhed

@Truegamer79 well.. you are supposed to be confused, yes it's normal. For all Xeno games, it's deeper than it appears. As you play you'll start to peel back the layers. After you beat the game you're likely to still have questions.

What I can tell you without spoilers
if you notice Noah says in the beginning they only live 10 years, except at this point they are all like 17-20 meaning they are not born as babies. Their eyes have some kind of futuristic computer implant which is tied to all of the colony flame clocks which seem to absorb the "ether" energy of the dead.. ether is like life energy of the world and in all living things in Xenoblade games.
So they are born to be soldiers with no choice but to fight. It's fight or die. Though I don't know that it ever said in the beginning what would happen if the flame clock ran out.

Edited on by defhed

defhed

Mioaionios

Olliemar28 wrote:

I love the core cast of characters; I've often struggled to form any attachment to large groups of characters in JRPGs, but Monolith Soft has done a great job in making Noah and Co. a likeable bunch.

I agree. Very rarely comes a big JRPG along with such a great cast as XC3.

Mioaionios

NintendoByNature

I'm over 12 hrs in just chapter 2 and I'm wondering if I'm on par with the average, or a little behind? I know it doesn't matter either way, but I just wanted to see where others were at around that hour Mark.

NintendoByNature

Mioaionios

@NintendoByNature
I believe I finished Chapter 2 at around the 9 hour mark. So at 12 hours, I was well into Chapter 3.

Mioaionios

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic