Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 3,602

Fujin

I want to replace azami with agate for rex and was wondering how good is rex with axes. I heard Agate is a really good attacker and I see no use for azami since I'm half way in the game.

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

Fujin

I know how to do driver combos finally but it takes forever to switch back and forth so I dont have enough time to finsh the combo. I figured it out never mind lol.

Edited on by Fujin

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

Heavyarms55

And successfully pulling off these combos can lead to positively outrageous damage! I've dealt more than 50% to major bosses by setting up the combos right. It takes some practice and learning, but once you get it down pat, you can potentially beat much higher level enemies!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Fujin

@King-X Wow fusion combos combine driver and blade combos. That sounds overwhelming.

link3710

@King-X Somehow, I never knew it was possible to combine the blade combo from a chain attack with an active driver combo. That sounds pretty busted if you can pull it off.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

The easiest and obvious thing to do is to just wait until you've toppled an enemy before using the chain attack. It slows down time so you can get through most of the chain while they're still toppled. They receive more damage whilst toppled.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Fujin

Do other blades in your party not the AI blades do damage to the enemy while you're fighting with an active blade? Or do you just damage the enemy with an active blade and your other blades don't do damage until you switch to them.

Fujin

Which is a better healer blade kora or ursula. I was thinking of replacing kora with ursula because I heard she is a very good healer. Thing is I read ursula does not fight so well and relies on her good healing. So what do you think I should do.

Edited on by Fujin

darkfenrir

@Fujin I used Ursula and I felt she's pretty much the best once you trained her up for sure. Especially when you get her heal x% hp when you switch blade to her. And she also is no slouch in the hitting department XD

Otherwise she's not much of a healer, good for a mixture of damage + emergency heal though.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

StephanDLW wrote:

Even though there are way fewer side quests in this game than the first,

I dunno if that's true. Has anyone counted? There are more quests that become available over time. And each rare blade has their own special side quest.

Dezzy

@StephanDLW

Fair enough. I'm guessing that doesn't take into account the length of them though. So a single fetch quest and a long chain of story-heavy tasks are both just considered a single sidequest.

And aren't the rare blade quests technically part of merc missions? So maybe not counted?

Edited on by Dezzy

Fujin

Any advice on how to get more rare core crystals. I'm in chapter 7 right now.

Dezzy

@Fujin

Bear in mind, there's a certain number of rare blades that you can get from regular core crystals.

Just use equipment on your character that increases the Luck stat, and then keep awakening regular core crystals. You'll get a rare blade like 1 in every 10 tries, or something like that.

Fujin

@Dezzy Thanks I'll try this out.

Edited on by Fujin

Fujin

Are there any better ways to get boosters besides selling salvage.

Fujin

@King-X Are boosters used only to get a specific element or do they help get rare blades as well like having high luck. My idea levels are pretty good so far.

Edited on by Fujin

Fujin

@King-X Do my equipped inactive blades passively heal while I'm fighting with an active blade?

Fujin

So basically the AI heals on its own and to heal manually you have to switch to a heal blade during battle. Am I correct.

Dezzy

StephanDLW wrote:

It is true though that the quests in XC2 are generally longer and a bit more involving than those in XC1.

Yep, as you can see from the difference in completionist time between the 2 games. Howlongtobeat.com has XC1 at 165 hours for completionists whereas XC2 is at 250 hours.
So something's causing that difference.

EvilLucario

X still reigns as the hardest of them all. For me that took like 200 hours. The superbosses in that game can kick your ass real hard and there are MUCH more sidequests/terrible grinding that's worse than 1's.

2 honestly feels one the least grindy ones imo. I beat Xenoblade 2 100% within 120 hours but I enjoyed it overall quite a bit, despite the mediocre sidequests taken as a whole. 1, being my first game, took me around 150.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic