Forums

Topic: Which game should I play next Thread

Posts 101 to 114 of 114

WoomyNNYes

@BruceCM I haven't been able to get into turn based combat or regular jrpg's. I'm trying to figure out if I can get into Ni No Kuni, but I can't tell how much of the combat is action. If it's action combat, I might like the game? I'm not sure if I should risk plopping money down to try Ni No Kuni.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BruceCM

Well, it is turn-based, @WoomyNNYes .... Apparently, the sequel isn't, so that might be better for you but haven't got around to it yet

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dusk

@BruceCM
So, started Ni No Kuni...
long story short, I'm weeping (huge crybaby over here). Good pick. VERY good pick.

Just hope the ending will be a happy one.

Edited on by Dusk

Dusk

BruceCM

Maybe .....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

So I'm about to face bowser in paper mario tonight, to finish the game off. I have quite a few games lined up for me that I plan to play before XC:DE.. and im not sure which i should start with. As a side note it'll probably carry Into my play through of XC..

-paper Mario sticker star
-Mario and luigi super star saga
-Mario and luigi dream team
-assassins creed rogue

Part of me wants to play either sticker star or dream team as those were my most recent purchases. But I've heard you need a guide for sticker star and dream team is really long (as a reminder ill also be playing xc so id rather not have 2 really long games). Superstar Saga is nice and short so that's enticing. I'm probably also going to dabble a little of zengetsu in bloodstained as well.

Lookin for some feedback from anyone. Thanks in advance

NintendoByNature

Vinny

@NintendoByNature Haven't played Sticker Star but I played all the M&L games and I'd pick Superstar Saga. Dream Team is much longer with all the luiginary sections, huge battles and tutorials. The pacing can be kinda slow at times too.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

NintendoByNature

@Vinny thanks man. A bite sized game doesn't sound too bad considering how large XC is. I'll probably start with super star saga

NintendoByNature

Dusk

Question:

Bought a new TV so pulled my PS4 from being a decorative brick that it was and bought Persona 5 Royal.

Currently playing Ni No Kuni, kinda at the beginning, should I ditch for Persona?

Dusk

BabyYoda71

Well, someone suggested this thread and shut mine down, so I’ll just copy and paste my original post:

I try to limit my amount of video games, but I have a few options for my next game.

I haven’t played BotW yet, so I want that. I also want Super Mario Maker 2 and whatever you guys think is the best Xenoblade Chronicles game.

Also on my list, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Super Mario Party, really any Mario game, Link’s Awakening, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I also kind of want Ring Fit Adventure, but that’s been put on hold!

If you have any suggestions for me, tell me! I like music from the games.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

1UP_MARIO

@BabyYoshi65 any of them. There all good games.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JoeDiddley

@BabyYoshi65 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is probably the best in series and almost essential. You’d get the most out of it having an online subscription though. Smash I’d say similar.

If you’re getting an online subscription then I would go for Mario Maker over U Deluxe myself. Because if you do you have almost infinite levels to try over the base ones that Nintendo created. And you might even enjoy creating some yourself.

The first Xenoblade seems to get the most praise.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

BabyYoda71

I have the first Mario Maker and loved it, so I think I kind of want the second one. A lot of people are suggesting Xenoblade Chronicles, but I know almost nothing about it. I know it’s an RPG, but what’s it about? What kind of people is it for? I think I want it, but I need to know a bit more before I buy it.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Wargoose

@BabyYoshi65 I'd say if you like exploration in RPGs, Xenoblade is a really good game to get. The first game has the best combat system of the bunch, as its the easiest to understand. It's got great world design and a fantastic soundtrack.

If you're the type of person who wants an RPG for the characters and the story, there are better games out there. The original suffers from a hugely convoluted final third, and some questionable dialogue throughout(it doesn't come across as natural, like the last story or Final Fantasy XV or Mass Effect). It feels more like Kingdom Hearts where you get random exposition disguised as conversations.

Xenoblade 2 is better in the character department, with the exception of the random out of place japanese maid humour. However the plot is far more annoying, because they conceal virtually everyone's motivations for about 80 hours of the game. I'm all for the occasional surprise, but when you don't understand 70% of the casts motivations for that long its really difficult to get invested.

Wargoose

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic