Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 70,241 to 70,260 of 70,402

FishyS

@Shrimpdragon You can leave the joy cons attached to the Switch. That way, if you ever pick up the Switch to swap from docked to portable play, everything works instantly.

[Edited by FishyS]

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Grumblevolcano

After completing LM2 and spending some time in that game's ScareScraper mode, I went back to LM3 to see if ScareScraper was still active in LM3 and it was really easy to find online matches. It's a case where while the single player is best part of the game by far, the multiplayer is still fun.

I'd rank the games: LM3 > LM1 > LM2

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikminMarioKirby

Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope is the most recent NSO game trial in some locations. The game also seems to be on sale, same goes with (at least some of) the DLC (might depend on your location)!

I already played the game and it's awesome! Definitely recommend trying it if you haven't yet! I still have yet to get the DLC, maybe I'll pick it up eventually!

Can't wait for clickbait to say 'A NEW Mario game releases for FREE'

[Edited by PikminMarioKirby]

A NintendoLife user that could talk about Kirby, Pikmin, or Mario RPGs for hours without getting bored!

PikminMarioKirby

@Grumblevolcano Nice! I definitely like the 1st one the most, however I haven't played through LM2. The first Luigi's Mansion had the best ghosts, scariness, and music (in my opinion, of course). All of them are really good in their own way, though.

A NintendoLife user that could talk about Kirby, Pikmin, or Mario RPGs for hours without getting bored!

FishyS

@PikminMarioKirby Game trials basically always correspond to good sales, although the 77% off sale for Sparks of Hope is up there. Unusual for a game which already has a demo to get a game trial; they must really be trying to get more sales. I keep thinking about buying it, but I never actually finished the first game so then I think I will go back and finish instead but I don't 😝

Edit: Actually the last 4 game trials overlapped sales of 70, 50, 50, and 85% off. So I guess 77 is not so atypical

[Edited by FishyS]

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Bigmanfan

@PikminMarioKirby Oh you know that clickbaits coming. You think it's bad for gaming, just check out sports news. My word.

Bigmanfan

PikminMarioKirby

@FishyS Yeah I think at this point they're trying to get as many people to play this game as possible, whether it be from free trial or from a very good sale.

@Bigmanfan Oh wow I don't keep track of sports but I bet it's pretty bad XD Clickbait always happens, the topic should be interesting enough on it's own to not need to stretch the story, right?

Qwertyninty

@skywake there was the rumored name Nintendo Attach. Weird as it may be, somehow those magnets on the side allow you to attach different controllers. If they did that and allowed different controllers from past consoles to be attached🤷🏾‍♂️. As much as I want this to be a straightforward more powerful successor with the switch 2 name Nintendo scares me and I don’t see it happening. This could be a simple home run for them. I hope they can get out of their own way and allow it to happen.

Qwertyninty

PikminMarioKirby

@Grumblevolcano I wonder how long Nintendo will support this game. I thought they stopped after the golf update. The three Mario sports for Switch and Switch Sports have all felt unfinished and relied too much on updates. Switch Sports feels like a really small game compared to Wii Sports Resort.

[Edited by PikminMarioKirby]

skywake

@PikminMarioKirby
Worth pointing out that in the original release of the game there were more buildings than there were sports. There were the six for the games that released plus the "Spocco Square" in the centre. But then there were two additional buildings on the right.

Been a while since I played it but I'm fairly sure the one on the bottom right was golf? Maybe? The one on the top right but looks .... honestly probably like a pool of some kind. But yeah, it always seemed like they designed it in such a way that they could pull the camera back to add more areas to it if they wanted.
Untitled

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

PikminMarioKirby

@skywake Yeah I wonder how it looks now with the new ones. I agree buildings on the right are the best bet to where the new ones are

Grumblevolcano

@skywake Top right is Golf, bottom right is Basketball. There is potential room for others on the map though, there's boats by Golf so some kind of water sports could be present (Wii Sports Resort had Wakeboarding, Power Cruising and Canoeing) and there's a tall building to the right of Basketball that could be for an indoor sport.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

Is this a legit 1st-Party horror game????????

MY SUMMER EXAMS ARE OVER THANK THE LORD
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (TG-CD)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330

Mana_Knight

My thoughts too. 'What? Nintendo 1st party + Horror?" . So odd if it is! @Fizza
But colour me intrigued if so...

[Edited by Mana_Knight]

Mana_Knight

Fizza

On closer inspection, it really seems like its a wholly 1st-Party deal as well given how it was announced at 2PM (the usual announcement time for Nintendo-specific games). I'm so utterly entranced by what this could possibly be as full-blown horror is a genre Nintendo VERY rarely tackles at all (only examples that come to mind for me are Eternal Darkness and Fatal Frame) so I'm super excited to see where this goes.

MY SUMMER EXAMS ARE OVER THANK THE LORD
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (TG-CD)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330

Magician

Kind of would like to see a Fatal Frame / Project Zero trilogy make its way to the Switch.

Would like to see Nintendo throw some greenbacks at KT to make that happen since the rest of the series has been ported to Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,317 games (as of October 22nd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

I'm all on-board for new IP from Nintendo, we haven't seen many (any?) since COVID hit. Horror isn't my thing but Eternal Darkness has always intrigued me enough I'd probably have jumped on it if I could ever get a copy. And Fatal Frame keeps coming up as a title I might play... Most 'horror' I've ever played is Resident Evil 4. Who knows maybe this one will get me to jump.

EDIT: Just found out from the comments on the article it has it's own website?
https://www.nintendo.com/jp/switch/emio/index.html

[Edited by link3710]

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic