Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,961 to 69,980 of 69,993

FishyS

@Novamii I wouldn't be surprised if they added themes in Switch 2 since the better hardware would let them be a bit fancier while still having an ultra fast UI.

I really like the idea of themes for platinum coins. I addictively collect the icons, but I don't ever really change the one I use so they feel a little useless. Having a whole theme for e.g. Peach Showtime would both be amazing and something I would probably want to change after a while for a new theme. It would be kind of like how Tetris 99 uses themes.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Novamii

@FishyS Exactly. I can't really say I change my profile icon a whole lot, much like my online profiles. My wallpapers though? I change them up all the time, especially when the seasons change. Sometimes I change them to fit my current mood or game. Maybe I'm on a big Xenoblade binge and want a theme of XC2 and Elysium (There's a fan render online that has me utterly amazed.) or maybe I'm hyped for a new Mario game so I load up a theme around New Donk City. Everyone and their brother (Quite literally) has a Switch, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot those numbers carried over to the next system. So having the ability to help everyone express themselves and make their own Switch feel truly their own is something I'm quite hopeful for. Not to mention it would also be an incentive to interact with NSO, which I'm sure would please Nintendo a whole lot. Even just a base membership. The more a player can distinguish their Switch and profile, the more fun in my book! I'd also say that about achievements, but asking for that would be like wishing for a million bucks. I'll try to keep my hopes realistic.

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: Undecided

Bubu5000

Cheers, guys!

Got a few questions and would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Once the Switch 2 comes out, how much do you think the original Switch OLED price will go down?

Secondly, what would you consider being a fair price for a brand new Switch Lite and would it worth getting one these days?

Where I live, an OLED is 400$ at the moment while the Lite is 170$.

Edited on by Bubu5000

Bubu5000

Magician

@Bubu5000 Difficult to say considering production costs have continued to increase rather than decrease. Prices for Xbox Series X and PS5 consoles were increased for many territories outside of North America. Nintendo pilfered an additional $50 from a loyal fanbase for an OLED model that costs $10 more to produce than a V2.

If Nintendo are aiming for a launch price of $400+ (USD) for a Switch 2, I honestly don't see them reducing the msrp for the OLED. At least, until retailers put them on clearance.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Bubu5000

@Magician Thanks!

And for the Lite would you say 170$ is a good price? Overall, is it still worth it to have one now?

Bubu5000

Anti-Matter

@Bubu5000
Switch Lite have smaller screen size than V1 / V2 model and there are some Switch games have small text size and it will looks even smaller on Switch Lite screen.

Anti-Matter

IceClimbers

For those of you in the US, you might want to check out your local Walmart as the company had initiated price drops on a number of games across Switch/PS/Xbox that they aren't receiving more shipments on.

Examples include Star Ocean The Second Story R and Fire Emblem Engage for $20, Xenoblade 3, Pokemon Shining Pearl, Armored Core VI (PS5), and Unicorn Overlord (Switch) for $30, among others. Nier Automata on Switch and Skywalker Saga (Xbox) are $10.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bubu5000

@Anti-Matter And aside of that? Quality wise is it good to play on one today and the price would you say it's good?

Bubu5000

Anti-Matter

@Bubu5000
I will pick either V1 / V2 / OLED model as I have Switch games that using separated Joy Cons to play games like 1-2-Switch or any games that requires motion play from Joy Cons.
Switch Lite can't play games like that as the Joy Cons are attached on its body unless you have another Joy Cons.
Also, if your Joy Cons on Switch Lite goes drifting, you have to send your whole Switch Lite to be fixed, unlike standard model that the individual Joy Cons can be fixed and no need to send your whole Switch machine.
Plus, you cannot dock Switch Lite to TV.

Anti-Matter

FishyS

Bubu5000 wrote:

And aside of that? Quality wise is it good to play on one today and the price would you say it's good?

I quite like my Switch Lite. I bought it a couple years ago when my OG Switch was starting to get a bit too beat up to travel with. I decided to get it instead of an OLED since I assumed Switch 2 was around the corner cough. I got mine for $170, mainly use it for travel and occasionally when I am too lazy to undock my other Switch and don't regret my purchase. It's cute and lightweight and works fine for handheld gaming. Quality feels a little lower than a normal Switch but still good. If I was getting a new one today I would probably try to find a $150 sale, but $170 isn't too bad.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Qwertyninty

This seems like the longest wait for a new console. My excitement has wavered significantly.

Qwertyninty

card-crunch78

I couldn't find a Pokémon Legends: Arceus thread, so...here's a pic of me and my fully-evolved starter. (The outfit I'm wearing is the "Fancy Kimono" set focusing on Shaymin, which you can only get by having save data from either Pokémon Sword or Shield on the Switch)

Untitled

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Bubu5000

@Anti-Matter I'm not interested in playing it on my TV. I thought that the drifting occurs more to the detachable joy-cons

Are there any important games that need motion play?

Bubu5000

Bubu5000

@FishyS Thanks for the reply.

Ok, so the difference in quality isn't that big at the end of the day and the games should run smoothly on it?

Bubu5000

OctolingKing13

According to Game Rant, a trademark has been filed for Kirby and The Rainbow Curse. Possibly a switch remake and our serving of Kirby this year?

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Novamii

@OctolingKing13 I think a Kirby game is a 99% chance. Whether big or small, there's always more Kirby. That said, the idea of a Rainbow Curse port is certainly a wild idea, mainly because of the reliance of touch controls. I'm not opposed to the idea, I could see that opening the door to lots of other "impossible ports". As for the how, all we can do is speculate. It's admittedly hard to imagine how that sort of control scheme could carry over to a standard controller. That's something I feel a lot of us have wondered about the DS and certain Wii U games and how they could be ported. Still, if nothing else, it'd be interesting to see what sort of workaround could be put in play to emulate/replicate touch controls with a standard control scheme. (Assuming they don't make it handheld mode/touch screen exclusive.)

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: Undecided

Ralizah

Hopefully Paper Mario: Color Splash and Xenoblade Chronicles X are coming as well.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Bubu5000
There are some Switch games that cannot be played in handheld mode, need to detach the Joy Cons to play such as 1-2-Switch, Everybody 1-2-Switch, Disney Tsum Tsum, LABO games, Fitness Boxing games, etc.

Anti-Matter

FishyS

Bubu5000 wrote:

@FishyS Thanks for the reply.
Ok, so the difference in quality isn't that big at the end of the day and the games should run smoothly on it?

yeah, the games run well. Lite essentially runs the same as a normal Switch in handheld so it's not always perfect, but good for most games.

As Anti-Matter mentioned, a few games don't run on lite, but it is maybe 10 or 20 games out of the 10,000 on Switch; When you buy a game, just make sure it has the handheld play symbol.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic