Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,081 to 69,100 of 69,981

blindsquirrel

RenanKJ wrote:

Anyone else felt like Zelda TOTK was just too much?
I loved it from the start, its first few hours up to the first temple felt like a refinement of BOTW. But now, after more than 150 hours, I still feel like there's so much to do, as if I was only halfway through. I love Zelda games, but I'm feeling tired and burnt out of this game...

I did everything but some side quests, as some didn’t really interest me. ( basically the fetch quest ones. I also didn’t get all the korok’s. I never really got burned out, there Was points at the end where I had to force myself to keep playing, although this only happened during the final dungeon. Still one of the best games I’ve ever played though.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Dogorilla

@Ninfan There's a remaster of the original trilogy but not a new game.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Magician

Got a couple hundred Amazon spacebucks for my birthday. Question is...what should I be looking at? Definitely Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes (retail preorders went live across Murica yesterday) for dat Switch. And maybe put the rest towards a PS5 Slim Digital?

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Fizza

@Magician Not sure whether it'd also apply for NA users but Sakuna: Of Rice & Ruin is available physically on Amazon for about €20 over here in Ireland so maybe that could be a decent grab? I've heard very good things about it myself ^_^

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Magician

@Fizza

Sakuna certainly would've been a good call if I didn't already have a copy of the game.

Chances are I'll nab a copy of Super Mario Bros. Wonder; folks are calling it the best 2D Mario since World.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

rallydefault

@Magician
Wonder, for sure.

The collector in me would also put some towards a Switch Lite or a special edition Switch to squirrel away for the future, either for yourself or to sell many decades from now lol

rallydefault

JaxonH

What you guys think. 2023 year in review for Switch. The games I felt were most notable for me, at least, with a few I screencapped that I know others were excited for.

I'd definitely add Batman Arkham Trilogy, Borderlands 3, Dragon Quest Monsters 3, Super Mario RPG, WarioWare Move It 2, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Sonic SuperStars, Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia HD, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Final DLC, Rogue Legacy 2, Batsugun, Lara Croft Collection, Ghost Trick, Advance Wars 1+2, Bayonetta Origins Cereza and the Lost Demon, Tony Hawk 1+2 (was that this year?), Neon White (was that this year?), Olli Olli World (also was that this year?), Portal + Portal 2 (was that this year? I feel like I'm blending 2022 in now, my memory is so screwed due to backlog, let me stop now before I get into 2021 lol)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

I mean heck, let's just look at Nintendo's 2023 output.

In the running for best 1 year output of any company in history? And while they may not be full game releases or explicitly 1st party let's not also forget their DLC expansions and Monolith Soft's prior Nintendo exclusive releases that were ported

3 full games in the mid to high 90's, potentially 4 after Super Mario RPG, one of which is among the highest rated games of all time, with several DLC expansions in the 90's and a boatload of other high scoring, well received games (personally I feel Pikmin 4 deserves a 90+ and was not given its proper due, but that's just me)

Untitled

Untitled

2023 was a banger for Switch players. And some key, well made 3rd party releases really helped fill it out. Read Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham Trilogy, Borderlands 3, RainCode and Octopath Traveler II really helped tie the lineup together.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

blindsquirrel

@JaxonH
I think there is an argument to be made that this was the best year for the switch.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

NintendoByNature

I think it was a solid year overall. I did have a few months in there where I didn't have much to play on switch and played on the ol xbox more. Thanks to HLTB, i was able to see every game i played through this year. Here's my list so far, excluding Friday, which will definitely shoot up to the top 😉. I'm also sure Super Mario RPG will be up there. Maybe an honorable mention for arkham trilogy, MGS, and Star Ocean 2.

Top 5 only
1) TotK, was there ever a doubt?
2) Sea Of Stars ( I get this isn't exclusive, but my God, its was my 2nd favorite game of 2023).
3) Metroid Prime
4) FE Engage
5) Pikmin 1

Honorable mention:

• Red Dead Redemption
  • FF IV Pixel Remaster
  • chained echoes

Games from 2023 I've yet to play but own:

• Pikmin 4

Biggest disappointment:

• Advance Wars 1+2. I've realized I simply don't like this type of strategy rpg game. I also disliked wargroove. I'll stick to FE for any nintendo strategy rpgs.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

FishyS

My top list for the year is probably:

1. Wonder (I am guessing)
2. Bayonetta Origins
3. Kirby Dreamland Deluxe
4. Pikmin 4.
5. Maybe Mario RPG?

Runners up: Sea of Stars, F-Zero 99, Super Mario Land 2 (NSO), Oracle of Ages (NSO), (edit: and Theatrhythm Final Bar Line)

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Respectable list. Love your taste in games.

I didnt play enough of Advance Wars to write it off but, Wargroove didn't do it for me. I did buy Wargroove 2 as it looked better and scored higher but this style never appealed to me like FE. And that's OK. It's why we have both, pick whichever you prefer!

Batman Arkham Trilogy will be the perfect bookend to the end of year blitz started by Red Dead Redemption.

And exclusives don't matter. Games on Switch are far more attractive due to the hybrid play design. Sea of Stars on Switch is excellent. Try using the Nitro Deck! Muah!

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH hell yea man! If you liked Sea of Stars, you should check out chained echoes. It also scored crazy high for an indie rpg. Sitting pretty at 90 on metacritic. Went way too far under the radar releasing in the same year as SoS. We really lucked out this year getting 2 indie jrpgs that scored amazingly well.

I was actually kind of happy arkham got delayed til December. Gives me much more time to enjoy the first two again and give the 3rd a fair shake this time.

I'm pretty stoked to try out metal gear. The only experience I have with the series was on the ps1 playing at my neighbors house a handful of times. It'll basically be a brand new experience for me.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
That's true.

I could never get into stealth, tried MGS3 on 3DS, didn't get it, tried MGS4 on PS3, same, but for some reason MGSV got me. It clicked. Granted that was after Splinter Cell Blacklist on Wii U, one of my all time faves which I completed, but when I first tried it I kept dying on the tutorial level on easiest difficulty. But on 4th try something clicked and I just got it, understood how you're supposed to approach stealth. Then MGSV was fantastic.

Btw Horizon Chase Turbo 2 is so good. Been diving into that and I love it even more than the original. It's got a stupid Epic Game Store initial login but whatever, once and done. It's so good though, definitely a great game for Switch, and with Nitro Deck too? Oohweee it's just fantastic.

But NitroDeck, despite having gyro, suffers from a unique issue where the gyro is designed for TV where you aim the joycon left/right by swiveling, whereas in handheld typically you tilt the system left/right as if you're peering through a window. For some reason gyro with NitroDeck has the swivel-pointing for left/right. Feels natural when playing on the TV but in handheld its a bit weird (imagine an axis extending away from screen at 90 degrees, and you're rotating around that like a steering wheel, whereas in handheld typically you'd rotate around an axis extending out the top of the system between L/R shoulder buttons, running parallel to the screen and extending out the bottom of the system by the USB-C port, so when you rotate on that it's like a sea-saw as left analog rises up while right analog lowers down, then vise versa- MH Rise had same issue on Switch handheld but most games it works correctly, for some reason the Nitro Deck always detects gyro as if it's docked so it reverts to the rotational axis that extends 90 deg from tbe screen directly out of it, if that makes sense, you rotate around Z axis instead of Y, if Z is straight up/down axis and Y is axis toward tv).

That aside though it's chef's kiss. And I can adapt for most games with that gyro roll/yaw reversal anyways. The 4 rear buttons like SteamDeck seriously need to become standard next gen for Switch 2. It NEEDS to happen. I can't imagine giving that up now after SteamDeck and now Switch as well.

I hear Xbox has a revision console coming that has gyro in the controller btw. Brother was telling me about it. While it would be mid gen refresh so still not 100% standardized where everyone has it, it would clear that final hurdle so devs utilize it knowing every customer has access to it. Xbox has been holding progress back for over a decade now. It's about time.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH haven't checked out the nitro deck all that much honestly. I'll have to give it a looksy at some point.

I don't mind stealth games if it's done right. I'm fairly certain arkham asylum had a bunch of it and I absolutely loved that part of it. As long as I'm remembering correctly as it's been a decade.

NintendoByNature

Jhena

Please excuse me, if this is old news. But I found this video and the game looks awesome. Just what I love about videogames. I think it is called Mameda Bakeru. Western release, pretty please.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Kermit1doesmath

Before I create a topic that'll turn to dust, can someone help me with recording Nintendo Switch audio on dual Monitors (one with PC/OBS and the other with the Switch), I got the very basics done with OBS and know how to set up the monitors but there's audio coming from my second monitor and I'd like to be able and use headphones to hear the audio, neither of my monitors has a headphone jack, and don't wanna play via OBS cause of the slight lag.

sorry if this sounded a bit confusing.

@Eel if there's a better thread I can put this in pls @ me.

dysgraphia awareness human

gcunit

@Jhena I like the visual design of that game, but wasn't clear what the game was. Is it a party/mini games compilation set on an island, a bit like Go Vacation or Wii Sports Resort, or something else?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Fizza

@Jhena Oh yeah, I remember Mameda Bakeru! If I'm not mistaken, it's a spiritual successor to Goemon made by Good-Feel (the same team behind stuff like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Wooly World) and, just like you said, it looks absolutely fantastic! Really hoping for a Western release as well myself, I'd love to give it a go down the line!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Jhena

@gcunit
The trailer says it is a 3D action game. You move around and jump like in Super Mario Odyssey for example, and you have fighting abilities. But the better comparison would be Goemon, like @Fizza mentioned. There seem to be many stages, where you have to overcome obstacles, to get to the end of the map. The Japan map is propably the stage select.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic