Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 62,981 to 63,000 of 69,993

Kermit1doesmath

@Ralizah Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is eating my spare time up (along with Seinfeld)

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

My current list of games I want to play this year:

Pokemon Violet
Elechead

Pretty small all things considered, nothing else this year for me is a must buy.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Xenoblade 3, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak and Splatoon 3 are all games I'll put hundreds of hours into. I'm already at 750 hrs for Rise + Sunbreak, and who knows how far into Xenoblade 3 (level 30 so probably 20 hrs at least). Splatoon 3 is a game that will easily siphon 100 hrs, at the bare minimum. Potentially 5x that.

But I still intend to play Diofield Chronicle, Persona 5 Royal, Nier Automata, Bayonetta 3, Mario Rabbids and Harvestella. I suppose Mario Rabbids can be backlogged as I still never finished the first. But Persona 5 Royal and Nier Automata are another 200 hrs. And Diofield Chronicle and Harvestella could be another 50 each- who can say, really.

At least Bayonetta 3 will be short and sweet. I think I beat Bayonetta 2 in about 30 hrs or so. Depends on how much you get into the challenge areas. That one should be manageable though.

But the big 3 of Xenoblade, Monster Hunter and Splatoon just tower above everything else. Just finding time to play those 3 games is challenge enough.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Maybe it's because of the muted promo cycle compared to 1 and 2 or perhaps a result of the obsession the gaming industry has nowadays with "live service" compared to 2015/2017 but I'm not feeling the same excitement for Splatoon 3 that I did with 1 and 2. Like a "play the single player to completion and play a bit of multiplayer but then move on" kind of setup.

For me it feels like MK8 Deluxe, Three Hopes and XC3 will be the major time consuming games for this year. MK8 Deluxe continues getting more content in the traditional style rather than the live service style which is very refreshing, Three Hopes seems to have 6 different endings and will probably get DLC announced in September (judging by Age of Calamity) meanwhile XC2 took me a month to finish so I'd imagine XC3 is similar length.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Splatoon 3 hype will ramp up as the game nears release. Nintendo focuses on one game at a time. Right now Xenoblade 3 is the focus.

Splatoon is a game that, as soon as you play an hour, it's got you. That's what happened to me recently starting a new save file in Splatoon 2. "Oh ya I'll just start a new save and scan the amiibo in"... 120 hrs later... only reason I stopped at all was because Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak released.

As soon as Splatoon 3 releases its gonna suck everyone into the vortex, myself included.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mick65

@Kermit1 thank you!
don’t have internet just use a hotspot. I play animal crossing and am trying to get all the fruit trees. I have cherries and peaches. My friend code is SW-5935-5449-9869. I check it every now and again but not on line for to long.

Edited on by Mick65

Mick65

Anti-Matter

I got Kirby Star Allies, Paper Mario Origami King, Snack World last Monday, but my hype is still on Youtubers Life PS4.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH That is their current setup of focusing on one thing and then the next. It wasn't however their setup for Splatoon 1 and 2:

• Splatoon 1 had announcement at E3 2014 and there was regular news about the game from the November 2014 Direct onwards.
  • Splatoon 2 had announcement at the January 2017 Switch Presentation and had regular news about the game leading up to launch. There was even a trailer in the ARMS Direct.
  • Splatoon 3 had announcement in February 2021 Direct and had the odd info here and there between the September 2021 Direct, February 2022 Direct and the twitter account. The February 2022 Direct segment just being a confirmation of Salmon Run returning was particularly odd.

But anyway we'll start getting more info in a week or so, this week's promo focus is all about Pokemon and MK8 Deluxe.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter yea, but it seems like you only included specific games YOU'RE getting for the remainder of the year when I asked for an all encompassing list. No worries, Jaxon sent me the list I was looking for. Not really interested in any of those though. I'm looking at these purchases with a couple that might get axed in the launch window and pushed out til a later date.

• splatoon 3
  • diofield chronicles
  • nier automata
  • mario + rabbids 2
  • persona 5
  • and Bayonetta 3

Also some smaller titles in the near future that are day 1 include...

• blossom tales 2
  • cowabunga collection

NintendoByNature

Kermit1doesmath

I bought AAA Clock............... For the sole purpose of setting an alarm for the Pokemon Presents...

I don't own a cell-phone, don't judge me... I'm now a part of the 2% that owns this fine application

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
In contrary, I don't even like those games from your list. (Except Mario + rabbids 2)
Well, we are completely different gamers.
I'm looking for obscure / niche titles that matched with my personality and don't have interest with kind of games from your list.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@JaxonH I'll probably end up making room for Mario + Rabbids, since the original is one of my absolute favorite games on the system, but everything else is boned.

Thankfully, I've already played P5R and NieR: Automata to death on the PS4, so I won't be missing out on much with those. No interest in Bayonetta 3 whatsoever, so that's another. I'm kinda interested in Harvestella, but that'll just have to be something I purchase at discount down the line. Same with Trails from Zero, Chaos;Head Noah, and Diofield Chronicles. I plan on purchasing Pokemon Scarlet for my nephew, so I'll have access to that, but I can't imagine it'll be more than a holiday curiosity for me.

By the time I'm done with this current crop of games, Breath of the Wild 2 should be on the horizon, along with whatever else Nintendo has lined up that they'll likely reveal in September.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

I know exactly what I'm playing on Switch for the remainder of the year (along with going back to multiplayer games/retro NSO things):
-replay Sonic Mania
-Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
-Megaman Zero
-New Pokemon Snap
-Link's Awakening remake
-Splatoon 3
-Finishing Neo:TWEWY
-Omori
-Flinthook
-Yooka Laylee
-Golf Story
-Xenoblade 2: Torna
-hopefully No More Heroes 3
-one of the games I bought a while ago but haven't gotten to

I own the majority of these already but...yeah. It says how overwhelming how many quality games I want to play there are that I have these retro game collections and multiple times I'm like "I'll get to exactly one of these each in the next 5 months!"

But no way I'm playing Xenoblade 3 soon, and I am very glad I never got into Monster Hunter. Like genuinely, if I loved Monster Hunter, it would end me. I don't have time, that's impossible.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

So this is my rest of the year:
August: Mario Kart DLC
September: Waiting for Bayonetta 3
October: Bayonetta 3
November: Pokemon
December: Wondering when Bayonetta 4 will be announced

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

@skywake
Ha!

We paid our dues. It's been 8 years since we got Bayonetta 2! That's nearly a decade. It doesn't feel like that long. But it has been. It seems like yesterday we were in the Wii U era, and Bayonetta 2 was one of the few blockbuster exclusives to look forward to on the system. I'd never played the series before. But my brother wouldn't shut up about it. So I bought the games when they released and ended up loving them so much, Bayonetta 2 instantly shot up to my favorite action game. I had played Wonderful 101 the year prior though and loved that, so I figured it was up my alley.

Bayo 3 looks so much better than 2 though. Graphically for sure, but I also like the style of Bayo in this game more. Her proportions are also less exaggerated which I think looks better, too.

Of all Platinum games, Bayonetta is the most pure. It's just raw Platinum action distilled down to response times and reactions. I love it for that. Those Platinum trophies are addictive (not the PS trophies, the in-game performance trophies for how well you do- you know what I mean).

@Ralizah
For sure, not having to worry about Persona 5 Royal and Nier Automata helps. Even if I had played Persona 5 through though I'd still be there day one just because it's Persona 5 on Switch. The thing ppl said would never happen. I'd pay $60 just to support it. But I haven't played it beyond 10 hrs or so, so there's that. Never got into Nier Automata either. Back when everyone was raving about it, I couldn't understand why ppl liked it more than Bayonetta, which seemed to be more pure combat which is what I like. But I didn't give it a truly fair shake. Switch will change that. All I know is Nier Incarnation didn't do it for me. But Automata is better than Incarnation from what I remember. Just being able to play handheld on the OLED will go a long ways in helping me stick with it.

You never did like Bayonetta. I was always taken aback when you'd say you liked Nier more. I've always preferred Bayonetta and viewed it as a near perfect video game. I'm quite sure Bayo 3 will end up in my short list of fave games of all time. The question is, will Nier Automata also land somewhere on that list.

Kermit1doesmath

I think next year will be full of surprises!

DreamlandGem

Welcome @Mick65 !

I've been playing a lot of MH Sunbreak, having so much fun playing online. Can't wait for the free title update coming soon, if anyone ever wants to play together let me know

Also can't wait for Pokemon, excited to see what they're gonna show in the Pokemon Presents today 😍

Poyo!

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic