Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 62,981 to 63,000 of 63,009

JaxonH

Annual Atlus Survey. Lots of questions asking which platforms you'd want potential games on.

Lots of opportunity to voice support for Switch. Even if you play on other consoles too, help us get more Switch support and check that box for Switch also.

https://p-ch.jp/enquete2022/na/

PLAYING
NS: Zombie Army 4, Splatoon 2
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

mjharper

That survey is a beast. But they have my two cents now.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

BruceCM

Sadly, that's only available to you Americans .... Will there be a European version soon?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

All their games I selected "would be interested playing on Switch".

And for the final Soul Hackers 2 trailer, asking how you feel, I put, "anger, because it doesn't say it's coming to Switch"

I also told them I won't purchase any games from them unless they're on Switch moving forward. And I wont.

@BruceCM
Idk, but I'm pretty sure there's not location tracking that blocks you from taking it.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

Apparently not, @JaxonH .... Just completed it

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

Did my part.

Also emphasized that they need to improve support for the Deck, which is where I'll be playing Soul Hackers 2 if a late Switch port isn't announced.

Ralizah

KryptoniteKrunch

Put my support behind Soul Hackers 2 on Switch as well. I still expect this to get a late Switch port, but the more support the better.

Also put my support behind mainline Persona on Switch(for like the 17th time ).

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Yes, Deck support too. Forgot about that. It's easy to forget not all games are compatible, and even if they are, having a Deck optimized low settings mode that preserves battery life isn't always a priority.

I love how Falcom always includes a "low spec gamer mode" for their Trails of Cold Steel games on PC. "Optimized for devices like GPD Win", it said.

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

Might help if they bring more of their games to Steam 1st, @Ralizah .... That's where I'd rather get them, so I did tell them that

SW-4357-9287-0699

link3710

@JaxonH Lol, I mean, I told them that "I'll buy the Soul Hackers 2 release in 2024 when you come to your senses and put it on Switch. It's still a 2 year out game in my book."

Really, it's utterly silly it's not getting a Switch release.

link3710

BruceCM

That is coming to Steam, though.... A Switch version would take some work & it's possible they'll announce that later, surely?

SW-4357-9287-0699

link3710

@BruceCM I mean, I could play it on Steam, but an RPG would take me 3-4 years on Steam with how rarely I PC game. As someone who works from home, I need to separate myself from my PC when not working these days.

link3710

BruceCM

Heh, OK, I'm glad they're bringing stuff there, though, @link3710 .... Let's see if a Switch version does get announced, it seems like an obvious idea & as it's releasing on Xbox & PS, there's no timed exclusive deals going on

SW-4357-9287-0699

TheBladeOfRoses

Does anybody still play Kill La Kill IF anymore? Just bought it for 4 euros and it's pretty good despite the lack of content.

~BLACK ROSE DRAGON~
My art: https://www.deviantart.com/thebladeoftheroses

Switch Friend Code: SW-4897-6636-0388 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-7015-0490 | My Nintendo: RoseBladeTM | Nintendo Network ID: RoseBladeTM | Twitter:

Dogorilla

Oh nice, it's free. This game seems fun but I wasn't sure if it would be worth paying for as an online-only game.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong
Link-Hero

I just recently 100% Kirby and the Forgotten Lands. The difficulty gap between Ultimate Cup Z and the previous two cups was bigger than I expected. Ultimate Life-Form Fecto Elfilis alone was the one to thank for the multiple hours of frustrations, but I managed to do it. Thank you Space Ranger ability for helping out in that fight!

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Fizza

Finally collected my thoughts on the last case of TGAAA, here are my thoughts (strap in because this is going to be LONG):

• Ashley Graydon (aka Ashley Milverton aka Eggert Benedict aka Locum Student Esquire) was an incredible villain. He was clearly deranged, but it came after his mental state had been worn down constantly over his entire life, so much so he burned the man who killed his father to ashes. However, in doing so, had been corrupted by the thing he swore to destroy: greed. Bribing Gregson, denying every allegation until the dying moments and having become consumed by the arrogance of McGilded, the man he killed for that exact reason. I'm not saying he's completely absolvable (poor Gregson...) but he's easily one of my new favourite AA villains up there with Gant, Engarde and.... bloody hell, McGilded!
  • The Skulkin Brothers, who I thought would just be annoying comic relief, ended up being a trope that I adore in media: criminals with morals. They're petty thieves yes, stealing things only for the monetary value they provide. However, if something holds personal value, they won't touch it no matter what. I also loved how they (of ALL people) were the ones to give vital info about the case without even realising it by simply either reminiscing or having a slip of the tongue, absolutely loved these two jokers. Also, am I the only one seeing the similarities between them and Del Boy and Rodney from Only Fools and Horses? Older is short, younger is tall, extremely into getting money quick and easy, have a rich childhood friend who won't acknowledge them as an adult, THE PARALLELS MAN.
  • Gregson was absolutely a surprise in this case. Starting off, I loved how he was easily whittled down in the presence of a child (very much like another detective I know....) and his investigations were as charming as ever. However, when he kept appearing on the witness stand during the trial after his initial briefing, I was a bit confused. Even more so when he started chatting up Graydon! And then, that glorious twist where he's been bribed in order to keep government info private was an absolute gut punch. The fact that he was willing to go that far for his job made me love him even more, turning him from comically serious to sombre and caring. The way he got put through the wringer by Graydon was exceptionally funny as well.
  • Gina's arc from the end of Case 3 to now was absolutely incredible. The way her true character is revealed under the exterior of cockiness and self-sufficiency is masterfully done, which makes the reason why she acts the way that she does hit so hard. AND THAT ENDING SCENE SWFSFBHBSHC. There's a reason she's my pfp at the moment.
  • If there was ONE nitpick I had about the last case, it's how the whole stereoscope thing was a bit too overexplained imo. Especially when there was no real interaction from the player since I thought you'd at least be able to line the pictures up and notice the inconsistencies yourself. The role it played in the trial was great, just wish it had a bit more interaction. However, it is more than made up for by....
  • The ending to the case (as well as the whole game) was masterful. Getting to say a proper goodbye to Susato, having all of the main characters together to send their well wishes and an agonisingly interesting cliffhanger for the next game all come together to form one of my favourite AA endings ever. Also, gotta love how, even in the past, Ryunosuke still has those 'Huh? Huh? Huh?' genes in him. THE TRADITION NEVER DIES.

To summarise: wow this game was amazing. Bring on Resolve baby!

(and to anyone wondering why this isn't in the What Are You Playing thread, I want to finish my thoughts here since that's where the rest of them are and then I'll move over to that thread starting now)

Edited on by Fizza

Currently Playing: Pokemon Legends Arceus/Brilliant Diamond/Shield
Banjo Kazooie
Splatoon 2
446/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
PLA Shinies: 68

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic