Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,121 to 25,140 of 69,980

Haruki_NLI

@Octane It could very possibly hit in 2018. Not guaranteed but could.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

The day is coming to a close, looks like that 3DS Direct Mini leak is likely fake then.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

Has the new Nintendo rewards for Switch started today?? Don't have access to my Switch for the next few days but curious.

bluemage1989

IceClimbers

Interesting thing with Pokemon is that marketing cycles aren't really lining up for a 2018 release for Gen 8. Zeraora still hasn't been revealed and the anime still has quite a ways to go. That's before getting to the other aspects of the franchise.

If Gen 8 does launch this year it's gonna have a shorter than usual pre-release info cycle for a new generation. Then again, you could shave off time by skipping the silhouette stage of the marketing cycle

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@YummyHappyPills I don't think they're going to release a Pokemon game outside of the holiday window. They know Pokemon can compete with the rest of the games. If localisation ends around fall, the game should be pretty much done by that point. If it's a holiday 2019 game, they wouldn't localise the game this year.

Octane

Therad

IceClimbers wrote:

Interesting thing with Pokemon is that marketing cycles aren't really lining up for a 2018 release for Gen 8. Zeraora still hasn't been revealed and the anime still has quite a ways to go. That's before getting to the other aspects of the franchise.

If Gen 8 does launch this year it's gonna have a shorter than usual pre-release info cycle for a new generation. Then again, you could shave off time by skipping the silhouette stage of the marketing cycle

This is the reason why I don't think it will be released this year. Pokemon is bigger than the games. Unless it is a continuation of gen 7...

Therad

link3710

@Octane That's assuming the localization is for the main series game. It probably is from the description, but it could be a major spinoff as well I suppose... It's... highly unlikely though. Point is, nothing is confirmed until we hear it from them directly.

@Therad Well, remember how most of the anime ended? DP was cut heavily short, and Indigo and BW had to have a filler saga added. Still don't know if Advanced's Kanto saga was planned ahead of time or not as well. I haven't seen XY, so not sure how that ended, but it's definitely not unheard of for the anime to miss it's aim relative to the games.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Therad

link3710 wrote:

@Octane That's assuming the localization is for the main series game. It probably is from the description, but it could be a major spinoff as well I suppose... It's... highly unlikely though. Point is, nothing is confirmed until we hear it from them directly.

@Therad Well, remember how most of the anime ended? DP was cut heavily short, and Indigo and BW had to have a filler saga added. Still don't know if Advanced's Kanto saga was planned ahead of time or not as well. I haven't seen XY, so not sure how that ended, but it's definitely not unheard of for the anime to miss it's aim relative to the games.

There are more things than the anime. You also have merchandise, mangas and the card game. They seem to have a schedule setup for years, I don't think they will change it.

It isn't impossible if course, but I think it is better to lower expectations rather than over hype. It just leads to disappointment like the mini direct and labo reveal.

Therad

link3710

@Therad Right, but as far as I know, we know nothing beyond May in terms of plans for the TCG currently, the manga almost always runs after the end of the generation (Notably, B2W2 chapter STILL hasn't finished as far as I'm aware). My point is that there's nothing specifically suggesting it won't be this year, especially since Nintendo keeps pointing to this year.

link3710

shadow-wolf

@link3710 Pretty sure Advanced's Kanto saga was added as a filler because Diamond and Pearl were going to release later than expected. And I watched XY and XYZ, excellent series (likely the best Pokemon anime so far). XY/XYZ also seemed to have been cut off earlier than expected (like D/P), as the league was rushed and there were barely any filler episodes for the second half of its last year (which actually made the series all the better, but I digress).

So bottom line is, you're right - the anime progress doesn't mean anything. Actually, I don't watch Sun and Moon but I think Ash and co already saved Lusamine so maybe they're pretty far along already.

But what @Therad is saying is also true. There has usually been a 3 year gap between each gen since D/P (2007 - D/P; 2010 - B/W; 2013 - X/Y; 2016 - S/M). By that logic, Pokemon Switch would come 2019. It may too fast of a turnover otherwise.

And @Octane while they may prefer a holiday release, Nintendo may have convinced them to spend more time fine-tuning the game. It's Pokemon, I doubt they'd lose attention by releasing in the spring (after all, IIRC Diamond and Pearl, Platinum, HG/SS, B/W, and B2W2 all released in the spring or summer). Also see the previous stuff I mentioned, that does lower the chance of a 2018 game. On the other hand, it would be weird to see localization start now and have the game release late 2019.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@Octane But weren't the rest spring titles in locations besides Japan? That being said, they weren't worldwide releases, so maybe it's best to judge based on the primary location

shadow-wolf

Octane

@shadow-wolf Yes. The games released in Japan first, that's what counts I think. The western releases took longer because of localisation. But they've managed to release them at the same time since XY, and now they're (almost) all holiday titles. For a new generation though (assuming that's what the Switch game is), I expect a holiday title.

Octane

OorWullie

Anyone spotted that Metropolis: Lux Obscura game in the coming soon section of the US Eshop? Some seedy stuff going on in there.

"Seductive wanton woman, gorgeous sexy girls, 12 mental disorders and bad habits to unlock, obscenity and sexism" oh and some match 3 puzzles to boot.

The days of knitted polo-necks replacing bikinis in Xenoblade X, Fatal Frame etc are long gone.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

kkslider5552000

OorWullie wrote:

"Seductive wanton woman, gorgeous sexy girls, 12 mental disorders and bad habits to unlock, obscenity and sexism"

There's no way a sober human being wrote this up as a description for anything and thought it sounded appealing to anyone. Mostly because of how the tone starts as a contrast to everything else.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haruki_NLI

@Therad The anime actually did Ultra Space and the Solgaleo stuff quite early. Late last year.

Lusamine has been saved and Nebby evolved. Not much.

I would say we could tell by the movies but the Gen 7 movies have had nothing to do with Gen 7 instead its been a reboot movie canon.

Zeroara still hasnt been released no, but Volcanion was released literally a month or so before Sun and Moon.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

shadow-wolf

@YummyHappyPills Yeah exactly so it's all up in the air. All depends on what GameFreak wants to do. @Octane That makes sense.

To both of you and @link3710 @Therad @IceClimbers - I think E3 is the latest we can reasonably hope to have an announcement of a game coming out this year. If it's E3 and still no news, then it's probably 2019 bound. It might still be possible to get an announcement before E3 for a release this year - no new gen game has been announced later than February of the year it was releasing, but Sun and Moon didn't actually have any major info until May before it released. They could announce Pokemon Switch in May (with actual info, like starters and region theme and graphics) with gameplay during E3 and we'd still have the same timeline as far as buildup to launch.

shadow-wolf

IceClimbers

I just hope they don't reveal everything prior to launch.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic