Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,081 to 25,100 of 70,086

TuVictus

Actually, I wouldn't mind a hardware revision at all. Bump up the battery life, or keep the current battery life in exchange for a 1080p screen. Ideally both. Less bezel around the screen too.

As for peripherals that attached to the USB-C in the dock, I imagine, strictly in theory, it could be possible to emulate some dual-screen wii u features if they released a hardware peripheral that sent another image to the TV while you used your Switch as the second.

I don't think that's how it'll play out, but that's the only thing I can imagine at the moment.

TuVictus

NaviAndMii

@Grumblevolcano Oh, of course! Having digested it a bit more, I suppose that things like Labo (which looks like it mostly uses the Switch in undocked mode) could perhaps make use of the port somehow going forward as well - perhaps they feel comfortable that people 'get' the switching mechanic now and they can perhaps branch out a little bit more going in to Year 2? ..you're absolutely right though - the GC controller is pretty much expected for Smash games these days, so that must be high on the agenda to get support for it somehow! Good thinking!

EDIT: Ah, just seen @OorWullie's reply - seems the GC adapter uses the more standard USB ports (which is good, seeing as though that would allow docked play)

@Shellcore True I'd be happy if they waited until Year 5 to be honest! ..but tablet tech does move forward at quite a pace, so it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a revision before too long (..then again, this is Nintendo - and they historically laugh in the face of such things as 'power' and 'performance' - so who knows! )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

OorWullie

I've been thinking about how they could make use of the USB-C port and thought the same as @MisterPi said above. Perhaps it could be something that plugs into it for emulating the Wii U's dual screen feature. For Wii U VC perhaps or more likely a new Super Mario Maker. Sounds plausible.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

link3710

I'd love to see a hardware revision... circa 2020-2021. By that point, they can actually offer some real bang for your buck for upgrading. The current hardware has been out for less than a year after all, there's only so much upgrade you can give it.

link3710

NaviAndMii

OorWullie wrote:

I've been thinking about how they could make use of the USB-C port and thought the same as @MisterPi said above. Perhaps it could be something that plugs into it for emulating the Wii U's dual screen feature. For Wii U VC perhaps or more likely a new Super Mario Maker. Sounds plausible.

Yeah, that's good thinking - it could allow them to bring the whole range of dual screen handheld titles (since DS) to the console as well - so could be a pretty smart play if done right! ..just imagining all of that VC goodness it could open up to the Switch is quite a mouthwatering prospect!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Grumblevolcano

@OorWullie Pokemon maybe so Game Freak doesn't have to change the UI at all?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Ah, completely forgot about DS VC as well. I could definitely see a peripheral that emulates dual screens if it's used by a bunch of games such as for the VC service. I totally wouldn't mind a Wii U VC either, for games they don't care to port over fully

TuVictus

Shellcore

@FragRed Thanks for the video. Arlo can usually be irritatingly gushing in his praise, but he seemed rather balanced and I can get on board with most of it. Aside from making out that Pokémon will be the messiah of 2018. I see it releasing in 2019 baring in mind we have seen nothing of it so far. Even if it does come out this year...it's one system seller. One.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@OorWullie It's a wise idea to put out a demo. This game needs all the help it can get. I must check when the next big 1st first party release is. I don't think there is one, we've probably got to wait until June and E3 at least to find out, Kirby and the likes won't light up the charts.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nin10dad

I agree with @SLIGEACH_EIRE about many things. This is one of them.
However my wife just walked in as I was playing around with the demo and insisted I get it, so I suppose it had done its job!

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

SLIGEACH_EIRE

There is LABO in April but that has no appeal to me. It could be great for kids, I'll be interested to see if it does well.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FragRed

@Shellcore Yes I agree that Pokemon will be released in 2019, unless there is a Pokemon Direct coming this month. That is kinds why I also don't think we will see Fire Emblem this year. That was announced around this time last year in a side note to the Fire Emblem Warriors game reveal. Since then, nothing has been said or shown about the game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

OorWullie

The demo has actually put me off the game, I'm not enjoying it so far. I don't like the Allies and wish it was just a straight up traditional Kirby. The Allies just get in the way of Kirby and make him hard to spot sometimes. Also it's very noticeable, to me at least, that the game is running at 30fps. I'm so used to Nintendo platformers running at a silky smooth 60fps that this drop is very obvious. Looks wise it's really nothing special, the new Yoshi looks much better and that was an early build. Why it's 30fps I'll never know.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

NaviAndMii

FragRed wrote:

@Shellcore Yes I agree that Pokemon will be released in 2019, unless there is a Pokemon Direct coming this month. That is kinds why I also don't think we will see Fire Emblem this year. That was announced around this time last year in a side note to the Fire Emblem Warriors game reveal. Since then, nothing has been said or shown about the game.

Didn't Nintendo recently reaffirm that Fire Emblem is still coming this year? (..or have I just imagined that? )

FragRed

@OorWullie My thoughts exactly, also I found the CPU to be too good, as in they just killed enemies before I even got a chance most the time. It's certainly doesn't feel like a game suited to playing on your own.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haruki_NLI

@FragRed Why does the Pokemon game need to be announced this month?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills I guess it doesn't, after just looking at the Directs Wikipedia page, last year it was during June but the the year before was in February. So I guess it could be any time.

Scrummer

People keep saying a Smash port is happening this year, but I don't see it. I think we see Pokemon for the holiday season, and Smash 5 released either next year or 2020.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Shellcore

@Scrummer As in the Arlo video above, I see a Smash port coinciding with the charged online service.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic