Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 13,001 to 13,020 of 70,026

Murph

I originally said I was just going to grab a 64 gig card and be happy with that. Since then though, I changed my mind and went with the SanDisk 200 gig card. It's holding NBA Playgrounds so far.

XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murpgh_1
Switch: 8125-7768-9102
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Well... "considering" more games. Meaning the soonest we'd see anything else from them is 2018.

New and different audience is not off point. It kinda is a different audience. There's some overlap in interests but, generally speaking, there's demand for different kinds of games vs PS/Xbox. Not necessarily casual stuff... just, different. Sports could do well, stuff like PvZ for sure, Unravel, even Star Wars, while I'm sure some of their other stuff wouldn't do so well.

I hate how they sit back and watch just because of Wii U. As if they haven't been making money on Nintendo consoles for decades. One dud and they wanna be all smug... serves em right that they'll be missing out on the early bird dollar. Ubisoft and Take Two and Bethesda will get my western AAA money this year. No SSX? I'll buy Steep. No Madden? I'll buy NBA 2k. No Mass Effect? I'll buy Skyrim.

Fine with me. You just sit over there EA, while I spend $200/mo on games not published by Electronic Arts.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I was just originally pointing out that you won't be 'hacked' because your details are stored locally, not over the internet like both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network does. If anything, Nintendo has made a good decision to store your debit/credit card information onto your own Switch!

It's certainly a less risky way to do it but I still don't trust people. How can we be sure that someone won't hijack the eShop itself? It's less likely than a database breach but I'm sure it's technically possible. Like a few others have said I'd rather buy credit at the shop.

.... especially when some stores occasionally have discounts on giftcards

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kkslider5552000

IceClimbers wrote:

EA is excited about the Switch, will bring more games to the platform:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371501

Note that they see the Switch as bringing in a "new/different audience". So probably Madden and maybe a port of Plants vs Zombies and that's about it.

Well as I've said before, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 should've been one of the first games ported to the Switch, so I'd be happy with that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

IceClimbers

@JaxonH True, it is a different audience to an extent. However, let's not kid ourselves; EA is referring to the Wii Sports "blue ocean" casual crowd. That's not the audience that's buying the Switch though.

Nintendo themselves provided evidence of the demographics buying the Switch right now. Obviously that data isn't 100% accurate, but it does provide a look at the big picture. They showed that it's mostly 20-30 year olds who are looking for core games with a focus on local multiplayer or singleplayer experiences. The Switch's killer app is an open world action adventure game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@JaxonH Maybe... That's a lot of Switch reveals held back now if I have to believe everyone. The question is why? Microsoft and Sony aren't holding these reveals back for E3. By the time Nintendo reveals them, well, it's a new Switch game, but it's not a new game anymore. I don't understand the strategy... Make the system look ''bad'' now to make it look better in the future?

Octane

DarkRula

Even though E3 is starting to lose a bit of traction as a major gaming event, it still garners a massive following from a load of news sites - even those that aren't gaming related. By keeping to roughly that same time, it guarantees more exposure.
Don't forget, EA now host their own event and conference, but still have it placed near E3 in both time and place because of that exposure.'

With E3 just a month away, we'll either see a few announcements with a wait for more tag, or nothing at all with large amounts of stuff shown at E3.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

JaxonH

@Octane
I think cause they get WAY WAY less 3rd party support than them. Sony and MS don't care cause they get every game from here to China. Nintendo doesn't. They have to play it smart.

Look at the last Direct. Payday 2 wasn't just announced by the devs, and neither was Fate Extella, even Monopoly.

If they didn't hold stuff back, they'd have zilch for e3 and Directs aside from their own games.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

JaxonH wrote:

If they didn't hold stuff back, they'd have zilch for e3 and Directs aside from their own games.

That wasn't a problem for them at E3 2016.

Let's be honest, if you're even paying attention to what goes on at E3, you're probably clued up enough to know whether a particular announcement is worth getting impressed by or not and whether a game has already been out 6 months on another system. Everyone just gets embarrassed for Nintendo.

IMO Nintendo needs to get these announcements out alongside the other systems'.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Peek-a-boo

@JaxonH I'm curious to know what games you think they are 'holding back'.

It's the most ridiculous and illogical reasoning I see on this forum for why third party games announce their new games without meantioning the Switch. For example:

• Middle-earth: Shadow of War is out in August on the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One'. Folks on here? Wait until E3. They are holding back.
  • 'Destiny 2 is out in September on the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One'. Folks on here? Wait until E3. They are holding back.
  • 'Star Wars Battlefront 2 is out in November on the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One'. Folks on here? Wait until E3. They are holding back.
  • 'Call of Duty: WWII is out in November on the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One'. Folks on here? Wait until E3. They are holding back.

And this time last week, Darksiders III was announced for the usual trio of the PC, PlayStation and Xbox One. What happened (again) afterwards? Same old story from the same old folks.

Just how many more announcements will it take for some people on here to realise that the majority of third party games are simply not going to be available on the Switch?

I mean only yesterday, NBA 2K18 was announced for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and the Switch. Explain this; why are 2K Sports more than happy to announce their new game for the Switch, whereas the developers for other third party games are apparently 'holding back'?

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

skywake

@Peek-a-boo
To play devil's advocate NBA2K was shown in the Switch reveal trailer. If they hadn't confirmed it for Switch I think people would have lost their minds. Though I do agree that most of these big third party releases probably aren't headed to Switch.

And to be frank? I don't see what the issue is. I think a few Nintendo fans floating around are still a bit on edge after the whole Wii U disaster. Even if none of these games come that's not necessarily a repeat of the Wii U. Lets not forget the fact that the Wii U was competing in exactly the same space as the PS4 & XBOne. The Switch is a portable, it's not the same kind of device.

So I guess I'm playing both sides. I don't think we'll get pretty much any of these big AAA third party games. At the same time I think we should wait and see what E3 brings before jumping to conclusions about third party support.

Edited on by skywake

JaxonH

@Peek-a-boo
???

I don't know what games are or aren't. I Just know that what few 3rd party games Switch will get, Nintendo will likely have at e3.

That's not some fanboy excuse "HER DERR DARKSUDERS IS COMING, JUST U WATCH IT'LL BE THERE, HER DERR, JUST YOU WATCH THEY'VE GOT ALL THESE GAMSS COMING, THEY'RE JUST HOLDING BACK... HER DERRR

That's now what I'm saying. Don't be a fool.

I'm saying Switch will get squat for 3rd party support. BUT IT WILL GET A FEW GAMES. And the few that it gets Nintendo will likely have at E3 or one of its own Directs, because if they don't it's going to look like straight-up first-party only garbage presentation because they don't have a single game from anybody else. It's not rocket science.

They had freaking MONOPOLY held back for their Direct. But you somehow think that major third party games won't be? Every single major 3rd party game thus far was either announced the night of Nintendo's Switch reveal or at their Direct.

I don't know what games will or won't come but I do know that a few will come, and whichever games they are they will likely be at E3, or some future direct.

Which is why it's a good idea to wait until e3 before writing anything off. Because Nintendo, unlike Sony and MS, doesn't get enough support to have announcements dropped year round and still have enough for e3. They've gotta strategically save what announcements they can use and make the most impact

Edited on by JaxonH

Peek-a-boo

@JaxonH I'm more than happy to wait until E3 to see whether this 'holding back' has been reined in until then however, if they don't show anything of particular worth, what then?

Do we have to play the waiting game for every Nintendo Direct or, God forbid, will we see a new 'wait until E3 next year' narrative playing out?

And I sincerely hope you were being sarcastic when you referred both Payday 2 and Monopoly as a 'major' third party game...

Peek-a-boo

JaxonH

@Peek-a-boo
Payday may be old, but it is a major game. And the reason I used them as an example is because those are the games that have been announced most recently. The Switch isn't exactly crawling with examples to use, so I brought up the examples we have. Had Call of Duty been announced at the last Direct, I would use that as an example. But they didn't announce CoD. They announced Payday 2 and Monopoly and Fate Extella. So those are the games I'm using to reference.

But Monopoly not being a major game goes even more to my point. If even that game was held back to bolster a presentation, then what will Nintendo do with bigger games? If I'm going to save a penny in the bank, surely I'm going to save a $100 bill, no? What sense does it make to hold back games with impact 3/10 to bolster their presentation but not utilize games with impact 9/10

I think there'll be a couple big AAA ames announced at e3, and then I think we wont hear squat until the next Direct. Just how they do it.

skywake

@Peek-a-boo
I have to agree with @JaxonH here. Major third party releases don't necessarily have to be the big blockbuster games. It could just as easily be something like Bayonetta, Resident Evil or Braverly Default. Third party support doesn't have to all be top tier to have an impact.

Octane

@skywake I'd argue there's still a huge gap between games like Bayonetta & Resident Evil and Payday & Monopoly...

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Nintendo won't announce any third party games until E3, because without those announcements, they probably won't have enough third party games to feature at E3. It's a weird strategy, but we shall see. I'm keeping my expectations low though, very low.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

Octane wrote:

I would argue that there's a huge gap between games like Bayonetta & Resident Evil and Payday 2 & Monopoly.

You make too much common sense sometimes. Yes, this what I originally meant too, hence my 'I sincerely hope you were being sarcastic...' comment.

Octane wrote:

I'm keeping my expectations low though, very low.

I believe Nintendo will provide a handful of reasons to keep us all happy, such as Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles II and so on. Third party wise, however? My expectations are equally as low as yours.

I'd be the first to say that I was wrong if they all suddenly appear though!

Peek-a-boo

skywake

Octane wrote:

I'd argue there's still a huge gap between games like Bayonetta & Resident Evil and Payday & Monopoly.

Sure. But there's not that big a gap between those games and stuff like FIFA and Skyrim. I've never really expected all the big tier AAA games to come to Switch but I wouldn't be surprised if we see something. I reserve judgement until after E3.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic