Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 12,981 to 13,000 of 70,011

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo I wouldn't exactly call that a good thing. All this means is that the Nintendo Network servers will be taken down more often on Switch due to hackers trying to steal card info.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano It's a good thing that your credit/debit cards are stored locally onto your system then, and not in a database of sorts over their network.

The only way someone could steal your information is if somebody nicked your Switch (ho ho!) and the password is somehow figured out. Even then, if they attempt to enter the password and get it wrong three times, the credit/debit card number is automatically deleted from said device.

I'm just pleased to see that Nintendo has decided to join us into the 21st century for a change.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo There may be things they are behind on but that's discrediting that they are ahead on mobile tech partnered with Nvidia, the latest wifi connections, Vulkan APIs, and even something as basic as charging.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Spoony_Tech

AlliMeadow wrote:

@Peek-a-boo we could save our cards on the Wii U, so it was only a matter of time before they added it to the Switch

I was just about to say this but I always opted to say no. I don't need my information stored then Nintendo gets hacked.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Peek-a-boo

@Spoony_Tech

Peek-a-boo wrote:

It's a good thing that your credit/debit cards are stored locally onto your system then, and not in a database of sorts over their network.

Everybody is so quick to defend Nintendo on this particular subject!

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo I don't like the situation for any of the 3 to be honest. Thankfully prepaid eshop/Xbox/PSN cards exist so you can just buy them at retailers, redeem them and that's it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano Fair enough. I too choose to buy monetisation vouchers to redeem instead.

I was just originally pointing out that you won't be 'hacked' because your details are stored locally, not over the internet like both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network does. If anything, Nintendo has made a good decision to store your debit/credit card information onto your own Switch!

Peek-a-boo

Reginald

@Murph Yes.

Fortunately things have improved since March at least, from what I can see. There was a time where I couldn't connect whatsoever or it would keep cutting off. Now I'm at least able to still download updates.

Reginald

FGPackers

@Murph not for me. I downloaded the NBA Playgrounds 7,4gb in a little more than 1hr

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Sunset758

@Murph it took my friend 2 days to download Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! No joke

Sunset758

Spoony_Tech

Murph wrote:

Is downloading from the eShop always this painfully slow?

Took me about 30 minutes but then again I made sure I was on my highest dl speed.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

It seems the new Assassin's Creed is not coming to Switch, details about the game have been leaked.

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Emily Rogers actually mentioned that earlier. Not really all that surprising honestly.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

It seems the new Assassin's Creed is not coming to Switch, details about the game have been leaked.

Wait, I thought the entire point of porting Steep to the Switch was to make sure the engine is running on the Switch for the next Assassin's Creed game...

Octane

JaxonH

Octane wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Wait, I thought the entire point of porting Steep to the Switch was to make sure the engine is running on the Switch for the next Assassin's Creed game...

My guess is that's gonna be an e3 reveal. They'll hold off on saying anything for Switch and let Nintendo use it to bolster their announcements.

You know how Nintendo rolls, and Ubisoft has been talking big about supporting Switch, so I wouldn't write anything in stone until e3. I mean, it's possible it doesn't come (I think it will though), but if it doesn't they'll have other games. May be trying to selectively choose ones that have a better record of selling. Guess it depends how that poll turned out they did with Switch owners. If no one said they wanted AssCreed I could see it skipping (also could see them not having time since this ones been in development 3 years, right? They were doing 3 year cycles like CoD? Or 2 year rotations with internal teams?)

Either way, I wouldn't think much of anything just yet

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic