Forums

Topic: What are your top 10 favourite Nintendo Switch games?

Posts 101 to 120 of 123

RR529

It's too hard to make an actual top 10, so I'll make two alphabetical lists. The first a detailed list of my 10 top shelf games, then 10 honorable mentions that just miss out.

• Astral Chain - I was brought in by the great art aesthetic & sci-fi world, stayed for the varied gameplay on offer headlined by it's deep combat (including great bosses), but also enjoyed the stealth & detective sections.
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - The best pure 2D platformer I've played in ages. Spent a lot of time as a kid playing the original DKC, and this is a worthy modern follow-up.
  • Final Fantasy X HD - This was one of the three games that got me into JRPGs back in the day, and it's held up impeccably. I was as hooked now as I was back then, and it has one of gaming's greatest love stories as far as I'm concerned.
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 - I'm not a big One Piece fan (give me Dragon Ball, InuYasha, or Rurouni Kenshin any day), but I picked this up on a whim after enjoying the two Nintendo Warriors games, and fell in love. There's just something about it that makes it fun to play, and it's become my go to Warriors game, and one of my go to time killer games.
  • Super Mario Odyssey - With large creative worlds to explore & the versatile capture mechanic, this game was pure magic to experience. I mean you get to smash things up as a T-Rex, scale a Japanese Castle, and fight a ferocious dragon, and I haven't even mentioned New Donk City.
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate - I love Smash, but I usually don't have anyone to play with, so the meaty single player modes on offer quickly made this one of my favorites in the series, and my favorite fighter on Switch. With every playable character returning, plus some new fan favorites, it truly feels like a celebration of all things Nintendo, and maybe even the Japanese gaming industry as a whole. I do miss trophies, though.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Torna) - A grand JRPG epic with a fantastic world, great characters, deep combat, and a great romance at it's center (and hey, I like the typical "waifu" character design, fite me!). While Torna, which is pretty much a full game in it's own right, is a sombre prequel with refined combat.
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Not much to say about this one that hasn't been said already. It's an absolutely gorgeous game that's just fun to get lost in and explore. Finding a new shrine or scaling the next tower are moments of joy, while this version of Hyrule is beautiful.
  • Zelda: Link's Awakening - Say what you will about what is essentially a spruced up Game Boy game, but sometimes it's nice to go back to something simpler. It's one of those games that really reminded me of the reasons I am a gamer, and had a smile from start to finish. I had played the original on 3DS VC without it leaving much of an impact, but this remake is one of my favorite Zelda titles.
  • Ys VIII - With an engaging "Metroidvania" structure, slick combat, and an ancient mystery, this quickly became one of my favorite JRPGs on the system, and it stands out even today as one of the best games on the system, IMO. I loved the little sense of community you built up with the other castaways too.

Honorable Mentions: Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Daemon X Machina, Devil May Cry HD, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, Luigi's Mansion 3, Okami HD, Onimusha Warlords HD, Paper Mario: the Origami King, Shining Resonance Refrain

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BenAV

I don't have it in me to cut my list down to only ten now that there are so many amazing games so I'm gonna cheat and have a top 13 (in alphabetical order):

• AI: The Somnium Files
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Celeste
  • Clannad
  • Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Little Busters! Converted Edition
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
  • Splatoon 2
  • Steins;Gate Elite
  • Steins;Gate 0
  • Xenoblade Chornicles DE
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and Torna)

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@RR529 I totally forgot about Astral Chain on my last post! Great game. I haven't gotten the Torna expansion for XC2 since I didn't beat the base game yet. I had a surprisingly good time with Origami King, I liked it SO much better than Sticker Star.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

poly_phil

1. XCOM 2
2. Witcher 3
3. Skyrim
4. Dragon’s Dogma
5. Dead Cells
6. Stardew Valley
7. Overcooked 1+2
8. Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle
9. Pokemon Sword
10. BOTW - This seems like such a long time ago

poly_phil

Switch Friend Code: SW-4509-6189-6589 | Twitter:

Magonigal

In no particular order :

Zelda BOTW
Witcher 3
Animal Crossing
Overcooked 2
Lonely Mountains Downhill
AO Tennis 2
Luigis Mansion
Ori And The Blind Forest
Cricket 19
Afterparty
Football Manager 20
Heave Ho
Mark Of The Ninja
Hollow Knight
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Golf Story
Splatoon 2
Cadence of Hyrule
Mario and Rabbids
Invisible Inc.
Octopath Traveller

Ooops, got a bit carried away but I can't just limit it to 10!

Magonigal

Blooper987

It was hard to limit it to 10 but here ya go
1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3. Undertale
4. Super Smash Bro’s. Ultimate
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
6. Dragon Quest XI S
7. Enter The Gungeon
8. Splatoon 2
9. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
10. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Rexenoboy

I saw this thread a couple of weeks ago but didn't want to comment back then because I wanted to give my list some more thought. In the end I couldn't get a Top 10 together but I managed a Top 5. Not because I haven't played enough games, but because I played so many good games it became impossible to rank them past the Top 5.

Anyway, here's my list:
1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
4. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age
5. Octopath Traveler

Treasure Acquired

Vortexeo

This list is subject to change in the future as there are soooo many games I'm looking forward to next year! But for right now, my list would probably be

10) Astral Chain
9) The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
8) Splatoon 2
7) Hollow Knight
6) Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
5) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
4) Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age
3) Xenoblade Chronicles 2
2) Fire Emblem: Three Houses
1) Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

TheFrenchiestFry

1. Xenoblade DE
2. Octopath Traveler
3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
4. Astral Chain
5. Bayonetta 2
6. Mario Odyssey
7. Fire Emblem Three Houses
8. Bayonetta
9. BotW
10. No More Heroes 1 + 2

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

SKTTR

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Xenoblade Chronicles - Definitive Edition
5. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
6. Yoshi's Crafted World
7. Paper Mario: The Origami King
8. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
9. Super Mario Maker 2
10. Luigi's Mansion 3

Honorable mentions: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Super Mario 3D All-Stars, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

And my favourite indies/downloads so far:
1. Undertale
2. Thimbleweed Park
3. Super Mario Bros. 35
4. Tetris 99
5. Warframe
6. Rock Boshers DX - Director's Cut
7. The Rainsdowne Players
8. Agartha-S
9. Hotline Miami Collection
10. Uurnog Uurnlimited

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

toiletduck

I rated 6 games with an 8 or higher here on NintendoLife:

1) BOTW - 10
2) Civ 6 - 9
3) NSMB U - 9
4) Super Mario Odyssey - 8
5) Link's Awakening - 8
6) Mario Kart - 8

There's a few more games nominated to complete the list, but I haven't played enough yet:

• AC: Rebel Collection
  • Animal Crossing
  • Super Mario 3D All Stars

All 3 will probably join the 8+ club some day in the near future.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

InsrtFnnyHr

1. ssbu
2. botw
3. boomerang fu
4. luigi's mansion 3
5. mario oddyssey
6. mario maker 2
7. sword and shield
8. mario 3D all stars
9. animal crossing
10. superhot

InsrtFnnyHr

VeneBoy

For whatever it is worth, here are a 45 yo gamer's 10 favourite Nintendo Switch games:
BoTW
Terraria
Stardew Valley
Mario Odyssey
Hollow Knight
DQ XI
Dark Souls: Remastered
The Witcher 3
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hades/Dead Cells (Sorry for the cheating)

VeneBoy

crashcontrol

1. Undertale (don’t actually have the switch version but I have the PS4 version)
2. Smash Ultimate
3. Splatoon 2
4. Sonic Mania Plus
5. Super Mario Odyssey
6. Breath of the wild
7. Pokémon Sword
8. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
9. Celeste
10. Paper Mario: The Origami King

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

TheFrenchiestFry

10. Splatoon 2
9. Luigi's Mansion 3
8. Super Mario Maker 2
7. Octopath Traveler
6. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
5. Astral Chain
4. Bayonetta 2
3. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Super Mario Odyssey
1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Snatcher

@crashcontrol So you like O King I just started it and just got past the red streamer, I have two things I want to ask you. can you dicide what streamer to go to next or it go's in a order? Two what did you think about the game bc All the comments on the review said they just wasnt going to get it bc of the battling system and bc it had no EXP.

Undertale is a perfect game can't wait for deltaruin chapter 2.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

kkslider5552000

I kinda hate to make a list when I've only gotten to some first party games and not a ton else, but oh well.

1. Celeste
2. Sonic Mania
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
5. Luigi's Mansion 3
6. Doom
7. Astral Chain
8. Splatoon 2
9. Mario 35
10. Bug Fables

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DreemWeever

Rocket League
Mario Kart 8 Dlx
Super Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2
Breath of the Wild
The Touryst
Hot Shot Racing
51 World Wide Games
Arms
Yoshis Crafted World

Favourite MK8 deluxe tracks:
Big Blue
Mute City
Ribbon Road
Cheese Land

Oswinner

May as well put my whole collection (only got the Switch in October 2020). I’m gonna include port re-releases but won’t include the amazing SNES games (Mario 1/3, DKC 1,2) I’ve been playing;

1. Ori and the Blind Forest
-Played through this on hard and died many, many times. Was always glued to it though. Going to replay it on normal difficulty before buying the sequel, where I will do the reverse (normal then hard on second play through). Love my games with atmosphere and this had it in abundance.

2. Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
-Playing it alongside DKC2 and SMB3 on the SNES and all three are great games but I just bloody love this game the most. Love the over world, love the levels, love the music. Just great fun.

3. Super Mario 64
-Nostalgia reasons probably has this above the other two from the 3D collection. Camera and controls not the best. I can’t remember the 64 having bad controls. Either games have gotten better over the last 25 years or the game plays a little better on the 64. Still had a blast with it.

4. Super Mario Sunshine
-I much preferred 64 back in the day. Nowadays? Not so sure. Had just as much fun replaying this one, if not more fun because it was more fresh to me. I’m not a 100% completion guy so I guess the supposed annoying shines don’t annoy me as much.

5. Super Mario Galaxy
-Played it on Wii briefly 10 years ago. Didn’t like the waggle. Plays much better on Switch. Game was easy and too short to get to final boss (60 stars??). Was just starting to get good and it ended.

6. Super Mario Maker 2
-Got addicted to original Mario Bros on NSO so I just had to buy this. Really good game. Only created 5 worlds for my super world so far. Need to go back and finish it up. Online is a bit of a mess. Would prefer a better search system.

7. Yooka-Laylee
-Over Xmas when my switch was with the girlfriend and we were in lockdown I had to get out the 64 and play Banjo-Tooie to get my gaming fix. As soon as we moved in together in late January I had the switch back and found out about this game. I saw lots of negative reviews but at a discounted £8, I thought why not? Game is much better than the reviews. Not quite Banjo but it’s still a great 8/10 game. Don’t believe everything you read and get caught up in the hype, make your own mind about games, have your own opinion.

8. Horace
-A charming little nostalgic 2D platformer. Great value for money if you can get it.

9. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-I’m massive Zelda fan. As well as playing Banjo-Tooie back in December I was also playing Majoras Mask. Freaking love that game. So I was hyped when the Mrs got me this for Xmas, especially after reading lots of positive reviews. Game starts brilliantly in the Plateau and I was hyped. But now 30 hours in, I’m thinking...I’m not digging this game. Something is missing. I was having much more fun with Majoras. Then I realised what it was. Combat is crap. I always tried to run away from fighting because the weapons are made of glass. Not even arsed to explore because it’ll just be another weapon with crap durability that I’d find. Very disappointed in this game. Doubt I’ll even come back to finish it. Don’t believe everything you read and get caught up in the hype, make your own mind about games, have your own opinion.

10. Batman: The Enemy Within
-Got both Batman telltale games for £3 each. Nice little stories. Prefer my games to have a little more difficulty in the action department, but was fun playing through them. Slightly preferred the darker second games story.

11. Batman: The Telltale Series
12. RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition

?: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
?: Unravel Two
?: Oceanhorn: Master of Uncharted Seas
?: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
?: Bioshock
?: Bioshock 2
?: Bioshock Infinite
?: Resident Evil
?: Golf Story
?: Yoshi’s Crafted World