Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,193

cambotero

GuyWithATV wrote:

I just got my Switch recently with Smash and Mario Kart. I want to add a more single-player experience to my library. Any suggestions?

Stop thinking about it and get Zelda BOTW, please.

cambotero

xanderten50

Is anyone still playing Brawlout? Was thinking about picking it up in the sale - I know there's been a recent update I just wondered if it was worth it on it's own merits? Apart from the odd game with the kids it'll probably be mostly single player/online I'll be using. Or do I just save my pennies for when I can actually afford Smash?

Switch Friend Code: SW-7576-3214-5317

EvilLucario

@GuyWithATV Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will always be my top pick. BotW is also fantastic.

And I also recommend both DLCs for them. They're both great and will add quite a bit more bang for your buck.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

wafflesngravy

I'll probably get yelled at with really loud voices but I tried BOTW on Saturday and really didn't like it at all. The graphics were great and the concept seemed great but I just found myself bored after a while. I played for 5 hours straight and all I did was walk around for 5 hours. I beat the first 4 shrines to finally learn more about the game and why I was playing it but I just lost interest quickly. There wasn't enough story to really keep me going. So I did a chat with nintendo asking about a possible refund. I didn't figure I'd get it, but they did! I think they felt pity on me since I lost the Switch for 2 weeks due to a repair. So now I have a $60 credit. We might try Mario Odyssey next. It's probably just me and my family, maybe we just prefer goofier games like MK8D. We've had a good time with that one. Just my 2 cents anyways.

wafflesngravy

bixente

I think you have to give botw a second chance. True no game is for everyone, but botw is a generational title, and speaking for myself, I couldn't get into it at first, but I picked it up a second time and fell in love with it. The beginning plateau area acts like a tutorial. You've just experienced the first few shrines, right? The game has so much to offer.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

MrBlutzIII

Hey guys, looking for a new game to dive into! Hoping for a little help!

Here are the games I have played: Breath Of The Wild, Super Smash Bros, Splatoon 2, Most of the free games.

Here is what I am excited about: Link's Awakening, My Time at Portia, New Pokemon Title, New Pikmin Title, Cuphead.

Here is what I am not really interested in right now: Turn Based battle games, Scrollers (some exceptions), 8-bit games (some exceptions, such as StarDew Valley which I have on my phone), some of the newer mario titles like Mario Kart, Toad's Adventure, etc. I have debated on Mario Odyssey, but not sure if it will scratch my current Itch. I have also debated Let's Go Pikachu, but I am not an avid GO! player and not sure how I would enjoy the whole not battling to catch pokemon and instead just throwing balls at them..

So! That is where I am at! Let me know what you might suggest! Thanks!

Chill, Casual Gamer

My Nintendo: MrblutzIII

EvilLucario

@MrBlutzIII Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It's not turn-based and it's a damn fine RPG. Ys VIII is also another action RPG that's pretty good.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MrBlutzIII

@EvilLucario Cool! Was the first one turn based? I feel like I looked into it once and thought it was turn based.

Chill, Casual Gamer

My Nintendo: MrblutzIII

EvilLucario

@MrBlutzIII It's not. It's still real-time that operates on cooldowns, and that goes for the entire series.

Ralizah

@MrBlutzIII I'll second Ys VIII. Really fun Action-RPG with very hack'n'slash inspired combat and a downright Zelda-esque progression system (you collect tools that gradually allow you to explore more and more of your environment).

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Heavyarms55

Hey guys, if you were on the fence about Steins Gate Elite, buy it! It is really really good. It is quite literally an anime where you can control the way it plays out and everything looks and sounds just as high quality as watching it on Crunchyroll. There are apparently 6 different endings possible.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Timbox

I’m doubting between yoshi’s crafted world and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. What’s your idea about this pick guys?

Timbox

Louise29

@Timbox I have been told both games are good, I have got yoshi’s crafted world, it is a fun game

https://4drclanforum.com/

Timbox

@Louise29 thanks! I’ve heard the same, but unfortunatly don’t have the time to play both games. So I have to pick the right one haha and was hoping for some advice 😊

Timbox

memesos09

@Timbox YOSHI'S CRAFTED WORLD, treasure tracker is fun but you could get that on the 3ds or Wii u at a cheaper price, this is the game to get in terms of gameplay, and fun mechanics

memesos09

cambotero

@Timbox I have both. I loved playing captain toad and I'm loving playing Yoshi.

Both games are really cute and relaxing, but captain toad is more based on simple puzzles and yoshi on simple plataforming. You can't go wrong with any of them...
Maybe you'd get a better playtime/money ratio with Captain toad

cambotero

Timbox

@memesos09 thanks! Don’t have a 3DS or Wii so that isn’t a reason for me 😉

Timbox

Timbox

@cambotero that sounds nice! Good to hear! How many hours did you spend on both games? I’m afraid I will buy both in the end but have to start with one of them 🤣

Timbox

AndyD

okay what are some of the 'newer' best games to get at the moment? I am into rpg/adventure/platform/fighters...just no sports or racing games.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

cambotero

@Timbox
I think captain toad was around 20/25 hours to 100%
Yoshi I have only played 3/4 hours right now, but it seems to me that you can complete the main story in like 10/15 hours... and some more to 100%
The think is that you can get captain toad for 35 euros, and yoshi is around 50. So, even if yoshi has more to offer than what I'm expecting... playtime/money ratio seems better for captain toad

cambotero

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic