Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 14,741 to 14,760 of 15,210

norwichred

I’ve been trying to beat water bight Ganon for nearly a week with no luck. I have four hearts only a few shock arrows left over, and a few normal arrows.

I presume I can leave him and come back later. Is this recommended? What’s the best way to get more hearts and stamina? I know the angel things (like the one in temple of time) give more for the things you collect from shrines. Should I warp back to temple of time to exchange some for more hearts? Maybe get better weapons? What’s my best course of action now?

norwichred

Eel

Yeah you can exit and return with more hearts and better equipment if you feel like doing that.

And yes, you need the orbs from the shrines to get more hearts and stamina.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@norwichred Just adding to what Eel said, in BOTW, you can actually make Link over-powered with armor upgrades and hearts. So, don't worry too much about the difficulty. The numer of times you can upgrade your armor depends on how many fairy fountains you've found, which there are four.

So yeah, you can find & beat more shrines for more hearts (or stamina).

How many fairy fountains have you found?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Rambler

@norwichred
I found Waterblight proper tough the first time I encountered it.
You definitely need more hearts from completing shrines for orbs, and get some bomb arrows.

You can also make meals and potions that can give you additional speed, attacking power, etc, in addition to replenishing hearts.
Some meals can also overfill your hearts.

@WoomyNNYes - that's interesting about the number of fairies and the number of upgrades. I think only started investigating upgrades properly after getting all the fairies, so never noticed that!

Rambler

WoomyNNYes

@norwichred Have you tried cooking one Hearty Radish? They can temporarilty add an extra 3 or 4 hearts to your maximum hearts. If you take a picture of a hearty radish, you can set your sheika slate locator to find them.

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Rambler Yeah, that's how it works. If you you've found 2 fairy fountains, you can upgrade your armor twice at any of hte fairy foutains. If find 3 fountains, you can upgrade your armor 3 times at any of the fountains. But, the fairy will require materials for the upgrades. Some materials are harder to come by. LIke Hinox guts, or ice bat eyes, dragon parts, Lynel parts... haha Lynels, those scary rascals You probably know that materieals are required, but I mentioned it in case @norwichred didn't know yet.

Each upgrade adds a star next to your piece of armor so you can see how many times you've upgraded. Armor maxes out at four stars.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

gcunit

I've played in excess of 200hrs (don't know the actual figure because my activity log is broken - stuck on 170hrs for a long time) and still haven't found all the fairy fountains (no spoilers please and thank you). There's still so much I can do in this game, as and when I find the time.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Rambler

@WoomyNNYes
Oh I've pretty much maxed out all my armour now, apart from the ones that require Lynel parts.
I just never realised that about the number of fairies unlocked correlated with the max armour level. That's a pretty cool feature. I was wondering why there was multiple fairies!

Rambler

WoomyNNYes

Yeah, I think I cheated to find the last one or two fair fountains. Cheated=internet. But even doing that, it's still a bit of work to gather the materials to fully upgrade the armor.

@Rambler It's such a well designed game. I Wonder who's idea it was to make the fairies so comically attracted to Link. I would have liked to see that pitch in the design process. It's such a crazy/amusing idea.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Ah, I didn't know that. It's been too long for me to rememer Wind Waker. Now that I think about it, the game is Japanese, and they've been known to sexualize females like that. So, I guess it's not that suprising.

'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes thankfully it's only Japan which sexually objectified women, the rest of the world is too woke for that.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

Woohoo! Finally got the Master Cycle Zero!
Time to set up some jumps and berms!
Champions' Ballard was great fun

Rambler

WoomyNNYes

@Rambler No jumping! 😠
(Do I have point out that I'm kidding? )

I think the dlc is a must have if you liked the game. I like Champions Ballad. I Wonder if Nintendo will ever put the dlc on the game card.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

FroZtedFlake

Yeah the DLC was really fun, must-have for me. However, I did all the DLC shrines thinking that I'd finally be full on hearts and stamina so when I realized that it only got me to 28 hearts and full stamina I got annoyed and did a glitch to get two more hearts hehe.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Rambler

Gonna do some jumps off the great plateau.

@WoomyNNYes
Last time I did anything involving jumps irl, I totally stacked it, which ended up with a rather, er, tender encounter with the cross bar.
If they ever do a Switch Nintendo Selects, I can see a full BOTW + DLC card happening.

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic