Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,221 to 9,240 of 11,409

Miadaskate

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

@Miadaskate Have Special Reserve Games ever had excess stock or anything to sell? I ordered BroForce, but missed Ape Out and I now really want a copy!

They often do, but it’s quite limited and difficult to snag.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Locked in my order for the Mary Skelter Finale LE. $55 upcharge for a hardcover novelization of all three games, steelbook, 3-disc soundtrack, artbook, and poster? For a dungeon rpg series of this quality I couldn't resist that price. I was more than happy with their Super Neptunia RPG LE, and this one appears to be even better.
https://www.iffysonlinestore.com/mary-skelter-finale-LE/

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

Super Rare Games have delayed the announcement of their next game by a week to catch up on shipping outstanding orders according to a recent twitter post.

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
This makes sense, as they have recently fallen behind on fulfilling orders.
It used to be that as a UK customer, I could expect an order to be shipped a day or two after being placed, as they in most cases have the game ready to ship on the day of sale.

They're a pretty small operation in the UK and they have likely been impacted by changes to international shipping processes following Brexit.

RupeeClock

Magician

BloodRayne: Betrayal on Friday, Riverbond on Tuesday, and One Step from Eden next Friday.

LRG is Donnie Yen, and my wallet is the grateful extra getting his face pummeled in.
Untitled

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@Magician
With LRG doing month-long open pre-order windows, at least orders can be less frequent now.
Unless there's something that's actually limited stock, of course.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock Yeah, I appreciate LRG's open preorder window system. I'm just cringing about how we've gone from one or two Switch games a month to (almost routinely) more than half a dozen Switch games a month. LRG's distribution expansion and increased frequency of releases is kneecapping my budget.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer I keep a complete collection of LRG's numbered releases. But when it comes to their third party distributed games, I pick and choose. I ignore trash like the Jumanji collectors edition or the standard edition of Special Reserve releases.

Belexes

Anyone know why the new release of Greak: Memories of Azur is such a hard find currently?

Belexes

Magician

After looking at reviews for Riverbond I think I can skip it. It isn't a numbered release. It reviewed more poorly than Minecraft Dungeons (MD bored me to tears). And with everything else releasing this month I've got to trim the fat somewhere.
https://opencritic.com/game/7904/riverbond

Monkeido

Magician wrote:

Monkeido wrote:

So when do you guys think we can expect a Spelunky 1/2 physical release? I really hope it's not going to take forever..

@Monkeido

Via Fangamer, sooner or later.

I'm just not sure if it'll be before or after Slime Rancher.

Thanks for the reply! Bit of a shame you expect it to be from Fangamer, seeing as I'm from Europe, but that will be one purchase I won't be able to stop myself (just like I couldn't stop myself from buying the Stardew Collector's Edition from Fangamer).

Because of this I also checked out Fangamer's website again and saw they're selling Later Alligator there as well. Would love to buy that physically, but I can't justify the shipping and import costs for just that one. Maybe I'll be able to buy it together with Spelunky 1/2 when/if the time comes.

Monkeido

Magician

Locked in my order for Galaxy of Pen & Paper and Arietta from Red Art. Was happy to discover SwitchWatch's promo code is still live. "SWITCHWATCH10" for 10% off your order. No affiliation, I just enjoy that YT channel's content.

P.S. - Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2 is open to preorder on AmazonJP.

Considering their history together, I assume LRG will pick that for a western distribution asap.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B09DZ77P58

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Looks as though our next Southeast Asian physical release will be Demon Gaze Extra. The Japanese version doesn't support English and a western release hasn't been hinted at, so this could be our only option for a physical copy with English support. Definitely one to consider if you enjoy the dungeon rpg genre.

It makes me wonder if publisher Clouded Leopard will do the same for Trails of Cold Steel I & II?
https://www.play-asia.com/demon-gaze-extra-english/13/70evkd

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Although I love me my horror games, I think I can skip Dollhouse. Talk about publisher Sodesco scraping the bottom of the barrel, yeesh. You've got a great fps in Ziggurat, Sodesco. Why not give that a physical release instead?

P.S. - I'm a shmup fan, and the release of Andro Dunos II is at the end of October. Yet VGNYsoft still doesn't have a preorder open for the game? So I grew impatient and preordered a European copy via Shop4. And also put money down on another Europe exclusive, Effie.

Edited on by Magician

SpaceAce13

Magician wrote:

P.S. - I'm shmup fan, and the release of Andro Dunos II is at the end of October. Yet VGNYsoft still doesn't have a preorder open for the game? So I grew impatient and preordered a European copy via Shop4. And also put money down on another Europe exclusive, Effie.

I’ve had my eye on the exact same thing for a while. Even reached out to pixelheart months ago to ask about a release though VGNYsoft to which they replied something along the lines of “we’re working on it” but I’m not sure now. Wondering if I’ll just have to order the European version eventually

SpaceAce13

Belexes

I preordered Effie as well.

Belexes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic