Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,301 to 8,320 of 11,400

Paraka

LRG has won me over wholeheartedly now. They hit Turok, Jedi Knight, SW Racer, now this...

Now all I need is Quest 64 ported to Switch and a physical cart.

I am elated.

Paraka

Arckadius

NIS recently announced a 2 pack featuring PS2 classics Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad coming to switch, with a physical collectors edition. Really hoping for a regular edition, love physical games, dont like extras.

Arckadius

RupeeClock

The LRG news of No More Heroes 1 & 2 is great. I'll probably just get standard editions.

The recent news of Blaster Master Act Zero 3 is great too, LRG will no doubt do a physical release for that, but I'm annoyed that they did a huge collector's editions of the first two games ahead of the third game. LRG usually do items to account for "complete sets" anyway as they have with the Shantae series.

Speaking of which, I believe No More Heroes 3 is getting a standard retail release anyway? I guess LRG might sell copies of that, too?

RupeeClock

Magician

Boutique publishers are killing me today.

Death End Re;Quest from LRG and Far Lone Sails from Gamefairy...oh my gawd!

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MulderYuffie

Paraka wrote:

LRG has won me over wholeheartedly now. They hit Turok, Jedi Knight, SW Racer, now this...

Now all I need is Quest 64 ported to Switch and a physical cart.

I am elated.

Yes pls Quest 64 I need it!

MulderYuffie

Belexes

@Monkeido 5,000 print run with steelbooks included. I wasn't in a panic to get this with that size of a run.

Belexes

Monkeido

@Belexes Haha, makes sense! I didn't even realise there was a steelbook version as well tbh. ^^' I would've gone for the standard edition anyway though. Which surprisingly (at least, to me) seems to be selling out faster than Lonely Mountains Downhill (which I also bought and already received).

Monkeido

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

LRG just yesterday started US distribution sales for Sea of Solitude, a title that recently saw its EU release date.

This is excellent news! Now I can just buy directly from them!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

@Monkeido

Of all the boutique publishers SRG might be my favorite. Their choices of which games to publish physically have been more in line with my taste in genres. LRG is good, but they'll throw a Night Trap or Double Switch into the mix every so often, which...those are better examples of game preservation rather than being games worth playing. (I imagine LRG will continue the trend by opening preorders for Corpse Killer on Switch sometime this year?)

Anywho, SRG...love them, I buy all of their standard editions without hesitation.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Picked up Hyper Light Drifter from LRG, Spinch and Carto from iam8bit.

Currently Playing :

Monkeido

@Magician Indeed a lot of games from SRG have been great choices! I don't buy nearly as many limited games as you, but for me SRG and LRG are definitely the best as well. I think so far it's been a pretty even split between them for me, purchase-wise.

Monkeido

Paraka

@Magician - Honestly, I think Night Trap and games similar is more of a social hype behind the publishing than it ever was for its entertainment.

Similar to FF7 import that was so hard to find. The fact it was not ever intended to come to a Nintendo system bares more importance than it ever being fun.

But that being said, SRG and LRG seem to rival one another for me. But what makes LRG neck it out is it plays on my nostalgia too well. So many of its retro releases appease what I loved playing back in the day.

Turok, Jedi Knight, Shantae classics and even Doom is now in that roster. Keep doing that and I will continue buying them up.

Paraka

Magician

Shop4 has created a page for Kowloon High School Chronicle. I could've sworn I made a thread for the game when the preorder on Funstock went live? But it looks like NL and/or mods nuked it? Meh, whatever I'm probably one of the few people who care about the game anyhow.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/kowloon-...

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Dotemu just announced TMNT : Shredder’s Revenge, a new Turtle beat-em up in the style of the 80’s cartoon series / Arcade game / Turtles In Time. Coming to PC and consoles. So it’s very likely it’ll get a Switch release. Windjammers and Streets of Rage got physical releases, let’s see one for TMNT! If we can’t get a Konami Turtles collection, this is the next best thing!

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

I'm confident that LRG will end up doing a physical release for TMNT Shredder's Revenge, given their background working with Dotemu, Tribute Games, and establishing their brand with 80s/90s nostalgia and collaboration with bigger companies and license-holders like Universal, Konami, and Ubisoft.

Here, Nickelodeon is the new license holder they would need to work with, but they've worked with Power Rangers so this should probably be fine.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

Merge is re-releasing Yonder with new artwork. I can’t tell if anything else is different with this version. The PS5 is getting an enhanced version with the same artwork. The Switch version does not show enhanced.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B08XY4LDRT/ref=nosim/...

Currently Playing :

Magician

@Miadaskate

It might be a case where this reprint of Yonder has all the updates on the cartridge?

Although I don't remember the game as having very many updates.

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

@Miadaskate

It might be a case where this reprint of Yonder has all the updates on the cartridge?

Although I don't remember the game as having very many updates.

🤷‍♂️

Currently Playing :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic