Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,321 to 8,340 of 11,393

Miadaskate

Don’t forget the Hades physical retail version that releases this Friday, the 19th!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
Got that one pre-ordered, I'm looking forward to it.
I was expecting it to be published through Limited Run Games, but a wider retail release is awesome.

RupeeClock

Magician

Super Rare will be announcing their next release on Friday, asking for 505 retweets.

505 retweets, 505 Games. Possibilities include:

Abzu
Book of Demons
Brothers
Draw to Life
Horace
Last Day of June

Personally, I hope it's Book of Demons, but I'll take Horace or Abzu as an alternative.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

That's interesting because 505 games already do physical publication.
I guess they didn't want to do a physical release for something in their catalogue, but they got approached about it anyway.

RupeeClock

Magician

I have to admit I'm mildly interested in the physical release for Stubbs the Zombie.

But $150...for this...

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

Nothing worse than when a physical copy of a game is only available via an overpriced collector's edition.

Close contender is when a game is only released as part of a complete set, like the Rockman 5 in 1 Special Box being the only way to get Rockman Legacy Collection 2 physically.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

On top of expecting an LRG delivery today for Streets of Rage IV / Tiny Metal Ultimate / realMYST, I just got a shipping notification for Wizard of Legend / Jay and Silent Bob Mall Brawl / Kunai and others.

It's nice to see LRG picking up pace again after a tough year.

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock wrote:

Ape Out is getting its Special Reserve Games physical release, pre-orders on Tuesday March 16th at 12pm Central time. (6pm UK time)
https://specialreservegames.com/ape-out-switch-reserve/

Just giving it another mention since this one wasn't promoted so much, no email from SRG for starters.

Has anyone in the UK ordered from them before? I haven't, are they any good?

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
I've ordered from Special Reserve Games a few times and they're good.
I did have one mishap where I ordered two copies of Downwell and a copy of Gris, and they ended up shipping me three copies of Gris by mistake. They let me keep the two extra copies and shipped out the copies of Downwell I expected.
My order for My Friend Pedro arrived just fine with no complication, and I'm currently awaiting fulfillment of a September 2020 order for Swords of Ditto Mormo's Curse.

Some of their other titles I've ordered as variant releases from Limited Run Games, including Minit, The Messenger, Carrion, Hotline Miami Collection, and Pikuniku.

RupeeClock

SpaceAce13

I was lucky enough to grab a pre-order of Ape Out from Special Reserve last night. They put 300 copies up for pre-order through their discord and I realized just in time to land one. Only 3000 copies and none through LRG this time

Edited on by SpaceAce13

SpaceAce13

Magician

It'll be a long day of work today, spending the whole day wondering if there'll be stock of Ape Out available to order when I eventually get home.

RupeeClock

@Magician
So your firewall lets you get onto Nintendo Life during the day, but not other sites you might buy things from?

Can you not just use mobile network data on your phone to place an order? I used to have to do that for Super Rare Games as I'd always be riding the bus home when orders went live at 6PM UK time on Thursdays.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock
Yeah, not only my company firewall, but shopping on company time is unethical as well.

Add to that, I don't have a smart phone, I have a "burner" flip phone from the '90's.

Order via a phone is a no-go for me.

RupeeClock

@Magician
It's been about an hour now since Ape Out pre-orders opened, and they haven't sold out yet so there's a chance you can place that order later.

Whilst looking at the product listing though, I noticed this detail under "Collector's Details".
SRG Cover: 3,000
ALT Cover: 2,000

This suggests that Limited Run Games will open orders for a variant cover in the near future. I recall that they did the same for Swords of Ditto, they didn't open simultaneously.

Actually, that makes me regret ordering the game today a bit. I could've waited for the LRG variant and done a bundled order like I was planning to later this month.

RupeeClock

Magician

Got my order for Ape Out locked in.

My complete Special Reserve collection continues.

Edit: P.S. - I think I'll have to put something down on The Silver Case while I'm at it. After all, it is one of the games I port-begged NIS America for. Now I just need a Cladun collection, Disgaea 2 & 3, The Witch and the Hundred Knight 1 & 2, and maybe Z.H.P.. Much like Nintendo, NIS are beginning to run out of game they can pull from their back catalog and port to Switch.

@Paraka

?

Shakedown Hawaii wasn't published by Special Reserve though.

That was a VBlank store exclusive.
https://www.vblank.com/store.php

Now you have to get it second hand.
https://videogamesnewyork.com/shakedown-hawaii-collectors-edi...

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - Lucky you, I am still short one with Shakedown Hawaii.

My bad: Hotline Miami is what I was thinking of, had those two mentally switched.

But yes, second hand is good, another reason physical is a boon to me. Just need the money to cover the expansive costs.

Considering hopping on the card aftermarket and earn a few bucks.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Miadaskate

Hyper Light Drifter has shipped!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

@Miadaskiate

Nice, it's a solid CE to have in the collection.

Not enough CEs offer lenticular cards; I prefer them over steelbooks.

RupeeClock

@Magician
It's a nice lenticular card that serves a real purpose too, letting you decode messages in-game with their alternative alphabet.
Some runes are used for multiple letters.

RupeeClock

Magician

Viva la France! According to the tracking info, my most recent order from Red Art is on my doorstep. Externum EX and Children of the Zodiacs I believe. I'm still waiting for RAG to offer another one of their 33% off sales before I order their recent offerings. It's all been kind of "meh" after their Hardcore Mecha announcement back in October.

Iron Wings? Suicide Guys?
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic