Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,001 to 8,020 of 11,401

yeayeanaynay

Creature in the Well has been delayed until 2021 (crap)

yeayeanaynay

RupeeClock

Looking forward to Rivals of Aether on December 11th, though I may not order it on the day due to those extended open pre-order windows.

That said, the other release they're doing on December 11th is something special.

Apparently the Freedom Finger devs wanted to do similar for the Switch release through Super Rare Games, but Nintendo as a platform holder wouldn't allow it.

Never mind that they tweeted that on April 1st, there was sincerity behind it after all.

RupeeClock

Magician

After being available to preorder for a while on AmazonUK, Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is finally available to preorder on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/Story-Seasons-Pioneers-Premium-Nintend...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Zuljaras

Btw guys did you know that more recent Zelda BotW cartridges have 1.6.0 version on them!?! Some of them are with 1.5.0. It is still nice!

I was blown away by that!

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
That's not especially surprising for reprints of games.
Reprints of Animal Crossing New Leaf, and Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS included their amiibo updates on the cart too.

RupeeClock

Zuljaras

@RupeeClock Yes but that was indicated on the package.

Here is some info:

"In addition to that, the "random" string of numbers and letters on the back of the cartridge also show which revision it is.

The last 3 digits, 000 = revision 1, 001 = revision 2, etc."

That is actually awesome! But they do not market that as the older copies would only be bought from speedrunners to exploit some glitches of ver. 1.0.0

yeayeanaynay

Nicalis today announced HyperParasite coming Feb 19th

yeayeanaynay

Magician

Hyperparasite is now open to preorder on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NYMXYBX

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

Hyperlight Drifter Special Edition is finally getting a physical release for the Switch.
A modest European collector's edition is available for purchase from Abylight's site now, €49.99 before shipping.
https://abylight.com/buy/collectors-edition-hyper-light-drift...

Limited Run Games will later be selling an ESRB North American release through their site.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Definitely going to wait, already on a good track record with LRG and their numbered releases, would be a bitter taste to have to buy the game twice. Decent CE though.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
It sounds like this will be a distribution release rather than a numbered release, but we'll see.
LRG have yet to make any sort of announcement on their site or Twitter account.
Distribution releases also go live on Tuesday as I recall, or maybe Wednesday? It's not usually Friday anyway.

Since the EU release got dropped out of the blue, LRG might do the same in an hour, 5pm GMT.
Just a hunch.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Numbered and distributed have been all over the place, I recognized the pattern break months ago.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Not as cool as the iam8bit PS4 version that came out years ago, but I’ll definitely get that.

I’ve been waiting for a good Switch game. Haven’t bought any in a while, just due to the titles not matching with my interests and I’ve been focused on the new consoles.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

@Paraka @RupeeClock

I appreciate that LRG notes it'll be available through Best Buy at a later date as well.

Paraka

Looks like Suicide Guy compilation is hitting physical as well, through Red Art Games.

As I appreciate some smaller efforts getting compilations, this one I wouldn't have lost sleep over not becoming physical.

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic