Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 7,541 to 7,560 of 11,393

Magician

I previously mentioned that the Japanese exclusive physical release for Moon doesn't support English. That was based on the information on the Japanese eShop and the game's official game page on Nintendo of Japan's website. However, Nintendsoup recently posted an article saying that the physical release will indeed support English. So feel free to take the plunge...I guess?
https://nintendosoup.com/moon-switch-physical-release-to-supp...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

Carrion this time around is an open pre-order, shipping September/October.
Previously, SRG's releases were always manufactured by the point their limited sales opened.
The download code is a gesture for those who prefer to leave their physical games shrink-wrapped.

It’s also a nice gesture for those who wish to play while they wait. They didn’t have to do that. It’s a classy move. You’ll never see LRG do that. And I still plan on opening my physical copy.

So, again, 🤷‍♂️

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Yesterday - Untitled Goose Game from iam8bit
Today - Fault (open preorder) & The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa (sub-5k print run) from LRG
Thursday - Dex (sub-4k print run) from Red Art Games & Carrion (open preorder) from Special Reserve
Friday - Return of the Obra Dinn (open preorder) from LRG
Saturday - Pressure Overdrive (sub-4k print run) from Strictly Limited

Mercy, dear god. Show me some mercy...

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Belexes

@Magician the only mercy you may see is that some of these are open preorders. Some really good games in this bunch! I like combat racers, so Pressure Overdrive is an easy decision.

Belexes

Miadaskate

Cadence of Hyrule is up on Amazon.

Cat Quest I & II has a new listing on Amazon now, called the Pawsome Pack. Comes with pin badges and a reversible cover.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

SpaceAce13

Obra Dinn CE limited to 1000 copies. One of my most anticipated games since seeing the launch trailer, but not enough in that box to warrant the extra $45 for me

SpaceAce13

RupeeClock

@Magician
It's not as overwhelming as it needs to be.

Untitled Goose Game is to be available as a standard edition internationally, so you don't have to get the US release lovely edition from iam8bit.
https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-games/untitled-goo... for example is a UK listing for just £30.99.

LRG are opening open pre-orders for GRIS (exclusive variant), Carrion (exclusive variant), and Return of the Obra Dinn on Friday, but the pre-order window is a whole month. It should be okay to hold off and order more items together in August.

LRG's limited distribute prints also don't seem to sell through as quickly. They still haven't sold through their stock of Superepic The Entertainment War. So there might be less risk on waiting to place an order for The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa.

RupeeClock

yeayeanaynay

@Magician you don't have to buy every game. is it worth the pressure? anyway good luck!

yeayeanaynay

Miadaskate

Amazon has cancelled my order of Ary and the Secret of Seasons. Just an FYI.

Currently Playing :

Magician

@Solomon18

If I had the means, I probably would purchase every Switch physical release. But I'm not so well off as to be able to purchase whatever I want whenever I want. However, I would like to avoid paying double or more for these games from resellers down the road.

@Miadaskate

The first Cat Quest was tremendous fun, so I can't say "no" to buying a copy of Cat Quest II.

@RupeeClock

Anytime there's a sub-20k print run of a Switch game I feel a bit of pressure. It's just that some releases are easier to ignore than others. The first release from Ultra Collectors, Indiecalypse, is trash. Pretty easy to ignore.

But something like Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, the one exclusive to the Rockman 5-in-1 Box? I feel some serious regret for not buying it when the AmazonJP price dropped to $70 earlier this year. Now I'm having trouble finding it for less than $160. sigh Those are the brakes I guess.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
I feel you on that one, the Rockman 5-in-1 Box I bought mostly for that Rockman Legacy Collection 2. It meant having duplicates of Rockman X Legacy Collections 1 & 2 which I gifted to someone.
I did end up buying Indiecalypse out of curiousity, but I placed the order before the review came out slamming it. I guess I own some rare trash now? That tends to be how game collections go anyway, sometimes things become valuable because of scarcity, because nobody wanted it.

By the way, even though my copy of Indiecalypse arrived a few weeks ago, I only received the notification email that processing was complete yesterday. Ultra-collector's isn't run very well but at least they are legitimate.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

My order of Cris Tales has been cancelled on Amazon. What is going on with all these cancellations lately?

So excited for Carrion today.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Magician

@Miadaskate

I've noticed several physical releases being delayed over the past couple months. Probably due to logistical production issues. But then why wouldn't Amazon simply move the expected release date back rather than outright cancelling orders? I'm not sure. I speculate that it would allow Amazon to relist the game at a higher msrp, allowing them to circumvent their own preorder price guarantee.

rumandgore

FYI, LRG is also offering a digital code with their variant of Carrion.

rumandgore

Magician

Special Reserve continues to have issues with their website. Information for my preorder of Mother Russia Bleeds has been wiped from the website. A little alarming.

Update - SRG support responded. They're still in the process of transitioning data from the old website to the new one. Ugh, too bad they couldn't get that situated before opening preorders for a new release. You nearly gave this old man a heart attack from despair, SRG.

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Special Reserve continues to have issues with their website. Information for my preorder of Mother Russia Bleeds has been wiped from the website. A little alarming.

Update - SRG support responded. They're still in the process of transitioning data from the old website to the new one. Ugh, too bad they couldn't get that situated before opening preorders for a new release. You nearby gave this old man a heart attack from despair, SRG.

Not alarming at all - they sent an e-mail out like a week ago informing to reset the password using the new website, and that the order history may not show up or be accurate, but not to worry.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Super Rare will be releasing Old School Musical.

Currently Playing :

yeayeanaynay

@Miadaskate pass, looks like a poor mans Cadence of Hyrule.
Also I thought Carrion was getting two releases from lrg and srg but with alternate covers yet both sites seam to be advertising the same covers? Don't want to lay down a purchase until I am sure. what ever..
Edit: The lrg cover is zoomed in version of srg's cover.. LAME

Edited on by yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

Belexes

Best Buy has added: "Human: Fall Flat Anniversary Edition"

Belexes

Monkeido

Just bought Return of the Obra Dinn and The friends of Ringo Ishikawa from LRG. Always been interested in these two games, so I hope I'll enjoy them.

Monkeido

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic