Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 7,521 to 7,540 of 11,365

Miadaskate

The Summer Games Fest is featuring a Developer Showcase on Monday May 20th at 10:30 AM ET, streaming on all major platforms. The conference is set to show world premiere exclusive reveals from iam8bit, Panic, Skybound Games, MWM Interactive, Team17 and ustwo games. It’s possible we could see some new Switch physical announcements.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

According to yesterday's Japanese eShop update the Japanese release for Fight Crab will support English straight away. So don't feel pressured into purchasing a Southeast Asian copy.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08B1TFKT5

P.S. - Preorders for developer Experience's next Dungeon RPG, Yomi wo Saku Hana, are open on AmazonJP. We'll probably hear about a western release sometime next year. Whether it's from Spike Chunsoft, NIS America, or Aksys? I'm not sure who yet.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08CVVR329

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Kudos to JP Switchmania, as usual.

Gamestop has opened preorders for Void Bastards.
Linky

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Cadence of Hyrule announced physically. Releases in October and comes with all DLC.

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
Pretty happy about this particular announcement, I've been holding out for such a thing.
I'd considered it unlikely, but it's happening, so yay.

I'm still hoping for a physical release of anything BOXBOY! related internationally, but that seems totally unlikely.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Untitled Goose Game just announced to be distributed via iam8bit.
https://www.iam8bit.com/collections/untitled-goose-game

The game will not be exclusive to iam8bit's store, as they are entering a strategic partnership with Skybound games for global distribution of the game at physical retailers, though it'll be a different edition.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

Untitled Goose Game just announced to be distributed via iam8bit.
https://www.iam8bit.com/collections/untitled-goose-game

The game will not be exclusive to iam8bit's store, as they are entering a strategic partnership with Skybound games for global distribution of the game at physical retailers, though it'll be a different edition.

Ohhhh man; totally getting this. Hope the pre-order option is still around in a week or two! Did they mention if this version is limited or not?

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
It seems like this is an open pre-order, it doesn't specify any particular item limit.
You could order WHAT THE GOLF? at the same time, that one is limited to 2,500 copies.
I've ordered that one previously but it's still in stock, I'm hoping that iam8bit can combine my two orders to save on shipping.

RupeeClock

SpaceAce13

Yeah it looks like untitled goose game is open pre-order on iam8bit’s site. I’m sure it will get a retail release without the extras as well.

Who is releasing cadence??

SpaceAce13

RupeeClock

@SpaceAce13
Either Nintendo or Spike Chunsoft are handling the release of Cadence of Hyrule.
I don't think it will be difficult to get a copy of the game, and will probably have a wider retail release that can be pre-ordered from the usual places.
Nintendo UK Store will probably also offer up a pre-order given that it's Zelda.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

@Miadaskate
It seems like this is an open pre-order, it doesn't specify any particular item limit.
You could order WHAT THE GOLF? at the same time, that one is limited to 2,500 copies.
I've ordered that one previously but it's still in stock, I'm hoping that iam8bit can combine my two orders to save on shipping.

Already ordered that one too.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Yeah it looks like untitled goose game is open pre-order on iam8bit’s site. I’m sure it will get a retail release without the extras as well.

Who is releasing cadence??

The Direct Mini didn’t say. Could be Nintendo, could be the Crypt of the Necrosancer devs. No idea!

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Special Reserve has confirmed, just like with Hotline Miami, if you buy Carrion, you’ll get a digital code to play while you wait.

Currently Playing :

Magician

Uber-edition for the physical release of Shin Megami Tensei III HD Remaster.

Check out that dope night light.
http://shin-megamitensei.jp/3hd/

Edited on by Magician

Losermagnet

@Magician that looks fantastic. It's very tempting.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Belexes

Miadaskate wrote:

Special Reserve has confirmed, just like with Hotline Miami, if you buy Carrion, you’ll get a digital code to play while you wait.

Nice gesture, but I believe they may be doing this because the wait will be incredibly long.

Belexes

Magician

Unfortunately, the Japanese physical release for SMT III HD Remaster will not support English.
https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000027614

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Belexes wrote:

Nice gesture, but I believe they may be doing this because the wait will be incredibly long.

🤷‍♂️

Hotline Miami was pretty quick.

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

Miadaskate wrote:

Belexes wrote:

🤷‍♂️

Hotline Miami was pretty quick.

Carrion this time around is an open pre-order, shipping September/October.
Previously, SRG's releases were always manufactured by the point their limited sales opened.
The download code is a gesture for those who prefer to leave their physical games shrink-wrapped.

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic