Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,161 to 10,180 of 11,393

RupeeClock

Super Rare Games have officially revelaed A Short Hike as their next release SRG#74, as well as a collector's edition CE#9.
They are selling 4500 standard editions at £36.00 each, and 1500 collector's editons at £96.80 each.
https://superraregames.com/products/srg-74-a-short-hike-switch
https://superraregames.com/products/collectors-edition-ce-9-a...

The price of that collector's edition is pretty tough to swallow, but it's a pretty lovely looking kit that really captures the beauty of exploring Hawk Peak.
Untitled

RupeeClock

Magician

Curve Digital will be offering Autonauts physically.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Retail release for New Tales from the Borderlands in Murica.
Untitled

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

90+ games, including some Jaguar games, all the recent "Recharged" versions of classics, etc.

https://atari.com/products/atari-50th-the-anniversary-celebra...

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician I can't see a list anywhere (google) of all the games included in that collection, it could be good!

Apparently the company behind the port did the Disney Saturday Afternoon collection, I'm still hoping that gets a port to the Switch at some point...

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@SpaceAce13

Should be soon. The release window is November with no set day that I could find.

P.S. - Genesis Noir physical from Serenity Forge.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
Blimey, that's a first for Super Rare Games.

A statement from their FAQs:
https://superraregames.com/pages/faq

Why don't you re-print games once they have sold out?

We operate in the world of Super Rare physical releases, where careful consideration is given to the number of games we produce. We believe that the typical release run of 4,000 or 5,000 games is appropriate for the rare print market and our customers, many of whom are collectors of indie games and value the rarity of the games they have in their collection.

They haven't explicitly said they will never do a re-print, like LRG has.
I guess SRG probably talked this over with the developers and agreed having more copies would be great for the people that want to cherish a copy, over its value as a rare collectable.
10k units is still rare all things considering.

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

@RupeeClock they announced the increased print run before it went on sale so their position is it's not a re-print and I think what they are doing is fine, it will keep prices down on ebay hopefully.

MarioBrickLayer

Miadaskate

Glad for the additional print run, because I don’t have funds until tomorrow.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Paraka

Mind you, this shouldn't stop another region, like LRG in NA, from doing a print.

This has happened before.

Paraka

MarioBrickLayer

Super Rare Games have posted their guess what is coming next tweet:-

The guesses in the comments are mainly Coffee Talk, Coffee Crisis and Necrobarista? But apparently Coffee Talk already has a physical release?

Necrobarista trailer...

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

Coffee Crisis and Coffee Talk both have had physical releases in Europe, Necrobarista is the best guess.

Magician

The BotW + Expansion bundle will be back in stock at P-A this week, but P-A will be grifting customers by asking for $133 per copy. Which, if you love the game (I do not), you'll pay it because this version is difficult to obtain outside of Japan. I think it's fair to assume it's one of those few retail releases that'll only go up in value over time.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - Shockingly enough, I just bought that elsewhere at 100 even. Guess I lucked out in terms of FOMO now that I paid the lower end of the asking price now.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Magician
Isn't that preposterous, though?
The idea of that a multi-million-seller first party Nintendo title has a reprint that includes the expansion pass content at cost, was only printed in a limited quantity in Japan only and has to be sold at such a high mark-up?

It's absolutely forced scarcity, and Nintendo are being antithetical to game preservation if they don't print copies of games like Splatoon 2, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe etc as content complete with their respective DLCs.
The only other game I'm aware of that got this expansion pass physical bundle treatment is Pokémon Sword and Shield.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
From Nintendo's business prospective, there's probably not much profit to be had from producing physical copies versus digital copies, even more-so for "expansion pass" scenarios.
Conventional expansion pass content can't be resold on a secondary market, the only place to get it is their digital store-front.

That said, I wouldn't rule out an international print of BotW with its expansion pass in the run up to the sequel to BotW, in the same way that Nintendo are reprinting Bayonetta 1 and 2 for the upcoming release of Bayonetta 3.

I remembered that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 actually had a separate physical print for their add-on story; Torna The Golden Country. That was great because it preserved what was essentially a separate smaller scale game, the box included a download code for the expansion content in the main game.
The caveat there though was that the expansion content for XBC2 like new characters, quests, and gameplay modes does not exist preserved in any physical form.

In the case for Pokémon Sword and Shield, there's absolutely a business incentive to produce physical copies with the DLC bundled. Pokémon games have to maintain a means of transporting Pokémon all the way from older systems to current systems, and physical copies mean that no content becomes inaccessible in the event of a digital storefront closure.

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic