Forums

Topic: Switch 2023 Year-In-Review

Posts 1 to 20 of 32

Fizza

Hey folks! Thought I'd make a thread for this for everyone to post their own results as I just finished going through mine but the Switch Year-In-Review stats just got released for 2023!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Pretty expected stuff overall, with Splatoon 3 as the dominant game being not surprising in the slightest for me (fun fact: my most played game for the first 5 months of the year is S3 XD). Excited to see how this'll look in a year's time with stuff like Apollo Justice and Paper Mario coming out, in addition to tackling some backlog titles such as Hades and Pikmin 1+2

oh and here's the respective regional links to check your own results:
NA: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1734989486839173461
EU: https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1734989305884344660
UK: https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1734989369558057433

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Here is the NA link for non twitter/X/Social Media users: https://year-in-review.nintendo.com/en-us/

39 games played
950 hours played
Top games are
TOTK: 219 h
Fire Emblem Engage: 203 h (started the year playing FE3H too lol)
SoS: Olive Town: 196h

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

GalaxicGlobe

@Fizza Our Mii's look oddly similar lol...

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

Cynas

Unsurprisingly, Tears of the Kingdom was #1 with over 120 hours played. Octopath Traveller II and Master Detective Archives Rain Code were second and third with 50 and 44 hours played. I still voted for Pikmin 4 as my top game of the year, I put 39 hours into that one and enjoyed every second.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

StarPoint

I played 29 games for a total of 543 hours

My top 3 games were:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - 92 hours
Splatoon 3 - 75 hours
Tears of the Kingdom - 74 hours

My favorite game of the year was...

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3 - big shocker I know

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Pizzamorg

Looking at my Switch in review, maybe I should be putting Fire Emblem Engage on my own GOTY list. I apparently spent around 160 hours on my Switch this year, almost 100 of those hours came in January and at least 70 of those January hours were on Engage. That is more time spent in that one game than I did in any one game on my PS5, and there is probably only a couple of single titles I spent more time on on PC (my primary platform). Like my takeaway at the time was that Engage was mostly kinda mediocre, but in the context of time with a single title, it really soaked up a lot of my attention this year.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

jedgamesguy

Wayyyyy too addicted lol.

#1 - Persona 5 Royal: 217 hours
#2 - Tears of the Kingdom: 216 hours
#3 - Xenoblade Chronicles 3: 106 hours

1154 hours total

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Eel

Untitled

My most played-in month was May, no surprises there.

I also played an extra 17 hours on my secondary account.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

imadeanaccount

@TheJGG Those are the exact same games that are my most played, just not in the same order, not as long. You got good taste. 👍

imadeanaccount

kkslider5552000

I already posted it once on Twitter so I'm gonna be lazy. Spoilers for the end of year thread I guess.

My 3rd most played game if they didn't count N64 NSO would've been Link's Awakening or Live a Live btw, at slightly above 30 hours for both.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jedgamesguy

@imadeanaccount Appreciate the good wishes but I am sorely, sorely addicted lol. Haven't met anyone anywhere near my numbers yet, and it's not a good thing they're this unnaturally high!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

N00BiSH

@Fizza based Ghost Trick enjoyer

I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle

Anti-Matter

I still cannot get verification code on my email to sign up on Nintendo account website even I have log in and logout from my email.
Did I miss something ?

Anti-Matter

BenAV

Untitled
Isaac creeps its way into my top played game pretty much every year. Too easy to pick up and play when I just want to switch my brain off for a bit. Tears of the Kingdom, Monster Hunter Rise, Splatoon 3 and Wildfrost rounding out the other games I've put 100+ hours into this year.

Untitled
Pretty consistent playtime across the year.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

My top 3 most played games this year:
1st - MK8 Deluxe - 768 hours
2nd - Splatoon 3 - 200 hours
3rd - Theatrhythm Final Bar Line - 197 hours

The Booster Course Pass really skewed my playtime towards MK8 Deluxe, I'd imagine my 2022 lineup would've been similar in that regard. Given how many games I wanted to play this year but didn't, one of my Switch new year resolutions will be to play less Mario Kart so I have the time to play more of the other games I want to play.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Matt_Barber

Mine comes up completely blank, as it should do, because I had data collection turned off.

I'd be fairly confident that my most played games are Tears of the Kingdom, Baten Kaitos Remastered and Xenoblade 3.

Matt_Barber

MarioVillager92

Here are my stats for this year...
Untitled
Not surprised that Splatoon 3 was my most played game - been playing it since Christmas 2022. My most played month was May because, you know, Tears of the Kingdom. My personal game of the year is Super Mario Bros. Wonder.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

gcunit

@BenAV Averaging 10 hours a day in January and February. What's happened since? You slackin'!

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

BenAV

@gcunit I can understand my February playtime being high because I put a lot of hours into Theatrhythm in a very short amount of time but January is a surprise. Definitely wouldn't have expected it to be my highest for the year.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Sunsy

I play way too many free-to-play games.

Untitled

Apex seems to be my go to shooter, and I played a lot of Asphalt this summer, and loving Disney Speedstorm (actually recently unlocked Elsa). When picking a favorite game, went with Smurfs Kart. I also got Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3 as a birthday gift and sessions of Mario Kart, so I played a lot of racing this year.

I'm surprised how small the classic games percentage is since I did play Sega Ages Sonic 1 and Super Mario All-Stars and some Game Boy stuff on NSO quite a bit.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic