Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,721 to 4,740 of 4,745

mr_somewhere

Last chance for some actually noteworthy Ridley buffs. If Pikachu gets through this without a nerf I will laugh (weep). I think, regardless, there's a good chance this'll be a fairly sizeable patch, they'd hardly leave the last patch without making some noteworthy changes.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Snatcher

@mr_somewhere I know a few characters that need tweaking, Kirby Cough.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

WaterKirby1964

Does anyone here play or main Sora? I am asking this because everyone wanted Sora, but I hardly see anyone even the pro players, play/main Sora in Smash Ultimate

WaterKirby1964

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

WaterKirby1964

Plus we are reaching the 1-year anniversary of Kazuya's Smash reveal

WaterKirby1964

WaterKirby1964

Kazuya Mishima, aka The Made Man

WaterKirby1964

Snatcher

@WaterKirby1964 I haven’t played in a wile but the thing about sora is how easy he is to play, and gets so much reward for doing so, so it’s not like he isn’t good, but it might be hate? And no one wants to be an outcast, I’m not really sure because there not really bad per say.

Tho I see a lot more sora players then banjo players.

Banjo was another character who was really wanted but his move set is kinda meh.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

WaterKirby1964

@Snatcher Oh, I see. Speaking of Banjo & Kazooie players, even if not many, at least there are some people, myself included, that do play Banjo & Kazooie in Smash. That's why Banjo & Kazooie is one of my 3 Smash mains, along with Kazuya and Sephiroth

WaterKirby1964

Snatcher

@WaterKirby1964 I love banjo as well, I’m able to use him okish, I feel like banjo has to put waaay to much work in to get a kill, and I know that sounds funny seeing as he has wonder wing, but no one wants to just sit there using that move, plus it’s easy to counter anyway.

You play seph too? I love his long sword, makes for great edge guarding.

Fizza

@WaterKirby1964 I play Sora every so often. His floatiness is both a blessing and a curse: when you're in the groove and smacking your opponent around, those jumps are absolutely heavenly. When you're the one getting smacked however, having such a predictable jump arc can be disastrous (basically the same pros and cons of Mewtwo/Yoshi now that I think about it). Still a big fan of him though, Forward-Air especially is so satisfying to fully land.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently Playing: The Great Ace Attorney: Resolve
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

WaterKirby1964

@Snatcher Yes. That's right. Even though I'm more of an FFX fan, Sephiroth is my favorite FFVII character and I am a huge fan of him

WaterKirby1964

Snatcher

@Fizza Agree with you 100%

WaterKirby1964

@Fizza Hmm. Very interesting

WaterKirby1964

WaterKirby1964

@TommyTendo That's awesome to hear. Congrats

WaterKirby1964

StarPoint

So, I just got done playing some Ult online after having dropped it for at least 6 months, for old time's sake.

Yikes. I forgot how horrible the online feels to play, especially compared to offline. It feels terrible; I played like 5 matches and each one felt like it had about a second of delay. I'm honestly still surprised that the online was never really improved, especially after the whole #FixUltimateOnline thing went down. But, hey, it's Nintendo. Can I really expect much from their online?

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Cuphead (PC)
NieR:Automata (PC)

DarthNocturnal

A hashtag on Twitter aimed at Nintendo? That's like shouting at a brick wall.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Triangle Strategy (Switch), Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (Xbox), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (Gamecube), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Pokemon Crystal (3DS VC).

StarPoint

@DarthNocturnal Yeah I think the movement itself was pretty pointless in the long run, but I'm just surprised that Nintendo never considered a bit of the overwhelming amount of negative attention that the online was getting.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Cuphead (PC)
NieR:Automata (PC)

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal Remember #FreeMelee? God that feels like an eternity ago at this point.

DarthNocturnal

@Fizza

I forget, was that people asking for Melee HD on a current system, or did then-recent Nintendo-sponsored tournaments ditch Melee because they probably wanted to focus on a game that was actually being sold?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Triangle Strategy (Switch), Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (Xbox), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (Gamecube), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Pokemon Crystal (3DS VC).

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal It was basically that Nintendo had shut down massive tournaments like The Big House because they were using a modded version of Melee called Slippi that allowed the game to be played online (keep in mind that this was DURING the worst bit of the pandemic). Naturally the Melee community, being such a tight-nit group who were well aware of Nintendo's disapproval of their scene, were furious with such a blatant attempt to try and stop their game from continuing on during such a critical period for fighting games and thus began to protest in their masses. Soon everyone else began to rally the same chant and it even got to a point where Nintendo cancelled a Splatoon tournament because the finalists had changed their Switch names to #FreeMelee, further fanning the flames.

And then one fateful night in December, things....umm.... stopped dead in their tracks let's say.
Untitled
Things petered out quickly after that unfortunately (seriously though, how the hell do you respond to ******** SEPHIROTH). However, relations seem to have been amended in recent times. Melee has been getting in person tournaments with record breaking attendance/viewership and, in a still to this day unprecedented move, Nintendo have partnered with Panda Global to host a new circuit with both large prize pools and tournaments for both Ultimate AND Melee.

To summarise: things got very awkward very quickly but things seem to be on the up thankfully.

Edited on by Fizza

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic