Forums

Topic: Spellbreak shutting down in early 2023.

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Sunsy

I don't know how many played this, I did, the fantasy battle royale game is shutting down in early 2023. The Spellbreak team wrote a blog entry detailing the future of the game.

Don't know if Nintendo Life will report on it, but I do remember playing this on Switch when it launched, and later on PC when it came to Steam. I enjoyed the fantasy theme and mixing spells, as well as Dominion and Clash modes.

Don't know if anyone else played this, but I do feel it's newsworthy because it's also a Switch game and it's coming to an end.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

That’s a shame, it was a pretty interesting game tbh, I think what might have been it’s downfall was there wasn’t much to do?

That and marketing because I never heard anything else from that game, at least paladins makes it there job to at least let people now they have a new character, but my goodness, I forgot about spellbreak.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Vortexeo

I don't know why but when I first read the topic of this forum I thought it said Sunbreak was shutting down 😅I was like what the heck that doesn't make sense!

As for Spellbreak, I do remember when this game first came out although I never played it myself. It sucks to see this happen though.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Sunsy

@Snatcher Funny thing is, when I was searching for a thread to post this in, it was your thread, and it hasn't been touched, so I made a new one for the news instead. I think the downfall is the lack of communication with players.

As a Paladins player, Hi-Rez always informs us what's going on with the game. In fact, looking forward to the RWBY update tomorrow. Spellbreak, they just stop letting us know what was going on. People just left I guess. Sad part is, I remember reporting a bug with the PC version and they fixed it. So it's not like the developers weren't doing anything. I appreciate they took time for fix that bug too.

When I went to play with a friend, I will admit, he jokingly blamed me when a new update came out, lol.

I played it from time to time throughout last year. Last game was with my friend and his brother, we use to hang out together, have dinner out, then go shopping and looking at games, or play games together. We also all play Paladins. I did like Spellbreak, even bought the starter pack. It was really cheap, but a cool costume and some gold.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

Sunsy wrote:

@Snatcher Funny thing is, when I was searching for a thread to post this in, it was your thread, and it hasn't been touched, so I made a new one for the news instead. I think the downfall is the lack of communication with players.

As a Paladins player, Hi-Rez always informs us what's going on with the game. In fact, looking forward to the RWBY update tomorrow. Spellbreak, they just stop letting us know what was going on. People just left I guess. Sad part is, I remember reporting a bug with the PC version and they fixed it. So it's not like the developers weren't doing anything. I appreciate they took time for fix that bug too.

When I went to play with a friend, I will admit, he jokingly blamed me when a new update came out, lol.

I played it from time to time throughout last year. Last game was with my friend and his brother, we use to hang out together, have dinner out, then go shopping and looking at games, or play games together. We also all play Paladins. I did like Spellbreak, even bought the starter pack. It was really cheap, but a cool costume and some gold.

This, straight out lack of communication, you have to stay in touch, or else people will get bored.

Also my thread was never touched again? That’s funny, in all honesty I don’t think many people even know this games a thing.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sunsy

@Vortexeo Indeed, personally I had fun with this one. Had two other friends to group up and play squads or Dominion with. Yeah, a squad in Spellbreak was three players. I'm gonna miss it, underrated BR IMO.

@Snatcher Yup, I haven't heard anything and I followed their Instagram account, that's how I found out about this.

Yeah, when I found it, it had three posts from you, and one other person. Me neither, especially since the battle royale market is mostly Fortnite, Apex, and Call of Duty Warzone IIRC.

Sunsy

Apologies for double post, but Blizzard bought Spellbreak's developer

With the lack of updates, I kind of had a feeling Spellbreak was ending. On the other hand, this is something I did not see coming. This is completely unexpected, may be why the game's ending. I still think it's a lack of communication between developers and players.

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic