Forums

Topic: Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 hasn't motion control?

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

carlostabosa

I purchased this game to play with motion control, but I couldn't activate it. This game doesn't support this, or I'm doing something wrong?

carlostabosa

WoomyNNYes

@carlostabosa In case no one else answers: I don't know about this game specifically, but I can say, while Nintendo brand games often have motion control, games made for all consoles & pc (like this game) often don't have motion controls because xbox & pc don't have motion controls, and it's easier to make one set of controls, rather than adding the time & cost of creating/implementing another control system using motion.

I'll agree it's a missed opportunity, though. It can also be difficult, or impossible at times, to tell if a game supports motion control - via games eshop page or game trailers. Watching/reading a review specifically for the Switch version of a game should cover the topic, if it has motion, but I know that takes more time, not always reliable.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

carlostabosa

Thanks @WoomyNNYes. I probably misunderstood a review about Mario and Sonic Olympic Games.

In fact, I couldn't find any gameplay of this game with motion control. Now I see why...

carlostabosa

Sisilly_G

@carlostabosa : No motion, I'm afraid. I bought the Japanese release way back in 2019 (which had English support from the get-go), and the international release looks virtually identical.

The Mario and Sonic games typically support motion on Nintendo's home consoles though.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic