Forums

Topic: Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 hasn't motion control?

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

carlostabosa

I purchased this game to play with motion control, but I couldn't activate it. This game doesn't support this, or I'm doing something wrong?

carlostabosa

WoomyNNYes

@carlostabosa In case no one else answers: I don't know about this game specifically, but I can say, while Nintendo brand games often have motion control, games made for all consoles & pc (like this game) often don't have motion controls because xbox & pc don't have motion controls, and it's easier to make one set of controls, rather than adding the time & cost of creating/implementing another control system using motion.

I'll agree it's a missed opportunity, though. It can also be difficult, or impossible at times, to tell if a game supports motion control - via games eshop page or game trailers. Watching/reading a review specifically for the Switch version of a game should cover the topic, if it has motion, but I know that takes more time, not always reliable.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
Ni'tendo liker
Rocket League (3v3 - platinum III/diamond I)

carlostabosa

Thanks @WoomyNNYes. I probably misunderstood a review about Mario and Sonic Olympic Games.

In fact, I couldn't find any gameplay of this game with motion control. Now I see why...

carlostabosa

Silly_G

@carlostabosa : No motion, I'm afraid. I bought the Japanese release way back in 2019 (which had English support from the get-go), and the international release looks virtually identical.

The Mario and Sonic games typically support motion on Nintendo's home consoles though.

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

• Pages:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic