Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 381 to 400 of 15,873

gcunit

DannyBoi wrote:

I personally think there are too many indies being announced for the Switch.

You're right. The last thing we want right now is choice. It's just getting out of hand. Give me one game and then just shut down the eshop please. Enough is enough.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

troy258

We need choice but we need a little bit more quality control on the e-shop.

troy258

DannyBoi

You can tell there are way too many indies because my Switch news feed is always announcing new indie games, there are always announcements for Indie games on Nintendo Life. Plus Nintendosaid that they want 30-40 indie games on Switch a week. It seems every new game announcement is for an indie game. Case in point, new game announced this week, Among the sleep coming soon. Another indie.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

troy258

My exotic farm 2018 (released in 2019...), Dying reborn, Fight of gods, Bubble shooter DX, vacine, Vroom in the night sky, My little riding Champion and Unicornicopia should not be on switch. And I get that it's difficult to decide which games are allowed and which are not but I don't think a single soul has enjoyed any of the games i mentioned. So indies can stay, but try to filter out the shovelware.

Edit: My exotic farm is a reskin of My farm 2018 and they have an upcoming game called my Arctic Farm 2018. (it's 2019...)

Edited on by troy258

troy258

DannyBoi

The Kind of indie games that we need on Switch are games like: Firewatch,Lone Survivor, Stardew Valley. Quality Indie games. Not indie games scroggles the dog farts out for a quick buck.

troy258

@dannyboi totaly agree, I also don't have any problem with games that aren't great, good or bad. We just need to get rid of the bad stuff.

troy258

chardir

troy258 wrote:

My exotic farm 2018 (released in 2019...), Dying reborn, Fight of gods, Bubble shooter DX, vacine, Vroom in the night sky, My little riding Champion and Unicornicopia should not be on switch.

The only one of those I've even heard of is Vroom, so I don't see how these games existing is doing anyone any harm. Generally Nintendo has to decide in advance of the finished game what is going to be released. They don't necessarily know what will end up as a bad game. If they had a higher quality bar then you can be sure some games you do want would be blocked. And then other devs would be put off developing for Switch if there was too much risk of their game being blocked from release.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

troy258

@chardir they shouldn't exist that's the point, and they are doing people harm, if someone buy's it you can't refund it. I'm all for indies but these are barely games. You can't reskin the same game three times and call it a different game. Indies are coming to switch because they were barely visible on steam, because of all the shovelware. And what's going to happen if they aren't visible on switch anymore, because of all the shovelware? They are going to go to a different place, and then we will be left with shovelware and no good indie games.

Edit: If nintendo doesn't want to do quality control, let us, the gamers give ratings.

Edited on by troy258

troy258

DannyBoi

At this point the Eshop(Switch) is becoming like the Google Play Store.

Grumblevolcano

@TheAwesomeBowser I specifically said Nindies, not a normal Direct. Those Nindie showcases that happen twice a year (one around February and one around August) are 5 days in advance.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bixente

I've never found it that difficult tracking down what games are worthwhile. There's a lot of Switch dedicated channels on YouTube that review games and in general keep you alerted about the games worth paying attention to. Switch Watch is one of the best for me.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

DannyBoi

@bixente We should not have to use sites to find good games though. Nor should we have to sift through games on the Eshop. Eshop needs to be more transparent.

troy258

@bixente The hardcore nintendo audience has less problems with it but if a casual just wants to download a game he or she will have a problem. If we can just give a rating ourself to the game, it would be better.

Edited on by troy258

troy258

bixente

I don't find it a chore though. I enjoy watching these channels and the content they produce.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

bixente

I agree being able to give ratings would be ideal. Iirc Nintendo tried that in the past but when some people gave their games poor ratings, they took down the option. So childish.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

troy258

Although I'm kinda mad I will just watch it and hope that they announce some cool games and a wargroove release date.

troy258

FragRed

I'm not sure if I should be happy to finally see Nintendo reveal a Direct, or be disappointed that it's nothing but a Nindies Direct prior to one focused on the larger games coming to the platform.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TuVictus

Eh, lame for me. Can't say I care about indies enough to dedicate my time to watching a presentation about them

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

Indie Highlights was the name given to the Europe video back in August, next week may be more Nindies.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic