Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 3,230

NintendoWiiDS

@FragRed Nicely spotted. I assumed it was a similar case to The Stretchers, in that the game is published by Nintendo, but developed by another studio, but I guess I was wrong.

NintendoWiiDS

WaffleKnight

@Grumblevolcano This is a good prediction, albeit one I hope isn't entirely true. Not releasing a single mainline first-party game (aside from AC:NH this year) would suck. Arms 2 would be interesting, though, as it seems they're trying to drum up interest for the franchise again.

Verbose edgelord.

Currently playing: A Link Between Worlds, Ultimate Chicken Horse, Risk of Rain 2

Octane

You know what would be useful for Nintendo. If they had a nearly completed game laying around they can release with little effort. Right? RIGHT?

Octane

link3710

@Octane To be fair, if that is the case and I was Nintendo I'd hold onto that title for the holiday season. It might be a port or remaster, but I actually has the potential to outsell any other game in the series thanks to current circumstances creating a lack of competition.

link3710

Cubs017

IceClimbers wrote:

My prediction for the second half of the year:

July - N/A
August - Pikmin 3
September - Mario Golf, Fighter Pack 7
October - Bravely Default II
November - Super Mario 3D World Deluxe, Pokemon DLC
December - N/A

Everything else is delayed to 2021 due to coronavirus, including NMH3.

That would be fairly disastrous for Nintendo, I think. They have to have something out there for people to get for the holidays, and I feel like 3D World isn't big enough. Bravely Default is pretty niche.

Cubs017

kkslider5552000

Am I the only one who thought it was bizarre how most of these games either are out today or at the end of May?

Like is late May considered their tentative date when gaming stores and the like will be open again?

NB, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

Not trying to be a Debbie downer but it was a disappointment for me. I'm glad we got something. But nothing really caught my eye. I can finally try arms which is nice. The bravely default demo will be nice to try out. But yea, nothing at all for me. Glad for everyone who got some good stuff they liked tho

Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-5367-2536-4308

status-204

Tried the Bravely Default 2 demo, and the performance right out of the gate was choppy, and the textures just looked unfinished and all different resolutions. Pretty awful stuff. Hard pass.

status-204

Agriculture

It has been just over 200 days since Nintendo had their last full Nintendo Direct. Rumor has it that they were waiting to hold it at E3, but now E3 has been cancelled. Hopefully they will decide to have it soon, and hopefully it will contain some big releases from Nintendo and their second party developers.

Agriculture

RR529

@status-204, remember, they're going to be taking feedback on the demo to make it better.

Daemon X Machina was the same way. It got a rough demo early in the year, and a lot of people were prematurely turned off, even though they were using it for feedback to make the final game better. As someone who played the full game, it didn't have any of the choppiness that was present in the early demo.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

status-204

@RR529 They're not going to fix the visual design this late in development I think. If they are, they should've called this a beta. A demo implies it's a representative slice of the finished product barring minor updates and refinements. This put me off buying it completely.

And Daemon X Machina looked visually identical on release, it just had slightly better performance some places, and minor quality of life changes.

Edited on by status-204

status-204

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Am I the only one who thought it was bizarre how most of these games either are out today or at the end of May?

Like is late May considered their tentative date when gaming stores and the like will be open again?

I assumed it was just meant as "this will keep you busy until E3 (or not-E3), when we'll have some new stuff."

status-204 wrote:

Tried the Bravely Default 2 demo, and the performance right out of the gate was choppy, and the textures just looked unfinished and all different resolutions. Pretty awful stuff. Hard pass.

I didn't see anything like this.

The only issue I noticed was the world map textures taking a second to load, so the map very briefly looked untextured.

Everything else looked great.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dogtanian

@Dezzy Yes you are right, they are clearly holding the big announcements back until when E3 was scheduled.

If Coronavirus has a major impact on the production of physical releases for the remainder of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to release some first party games as a digital now/physical later deal. In other words you would get a download code that lapses when the physical release is ready to be shipped.

Dogtanian

andrew20

I think there be a huge direct in June

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

DannyBoi

I wouldn't JUMP to conclusions with these next direct rumours.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
Btw, are you happy now with Mini Direct yesterday ?
Something caught your attention ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Bucky

It was a good enough direct for me. I expect they will have a full direct around when E3 usually is with some announcements for the rest I'd the year, including first party titles. I think the Arms fighter for smash and first pokemon expansion are both scheduled for June, so maybe around the same time as those.

If there is not a new first party title, it would not be a disaster for them to release a port this year. Super Mario 3D World seems like the obvious choice, but they also have the Zelda remasters (and who knows the status of the rumored Prime trilogy remaster). A lot of us have played these games, but there are many Switch owners who missed out on them.

Bucky

gcunit

link3710 wrote:

To be fair, if that is the case and I was Nintendo I'd hold onto that title for the holiday season. It might be a port or remaster, but I actually has the potential to outsell any other game in the series thanks to current circumstances creating a lack of competition.

Going by Nintendo's current release schedule, they don't need to wait until December for a lack of competition.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic