Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 281 to 300 of 15,822

NintendoByNature

Yea im in agreement with @GyroZeppeli . They shouldn't be concerned with other platform release dates for games. If something good comes to switch, people will buy it regardless of what is being released on other platforms. Heck, as bad as i want to play re2, I opted for nsmbu deluxe..granted it's not apples to apples in terms of gameplay. But it shows people are willing to opt to play something on switch due to the convenience factor. Not to mention as bad as i want to play re2.. I'll just wait for the other 3 re games that are coming to switch instead of 2. Sorry for the long winded response I was trying to say drop some thing in February and it'll sell

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Pluto14 I'm in total agreement with you. Not just because i want one this month but because i just cant seen them waiting til feb

NintendoByNature

bluemage1989

I feel that the chances of a mini Direct to kick off the new year are kind of out of the window now but i do hope they have some sort of plan in place to bring out a bigger direct in the near future. I kinda feel that Nintendo had so much momentum going in to the new year that having nothing to say eases things up when they could have capitalised the most on that momentum. I do like how they have played with expectations a little bit as everyone was assuming there would be something based on previous dates but yeah i think a January Direct might not have been the best time to do so. There is also the possibility that Nintendo just dont have anything interesting to say and know that an under whelming Direct would do more damage than no Direct at all.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

@bluemage1989 The Game Awards plays a role into expectations too, it was very tame on the Nintendo front last year. You had Joker in Smash, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and a few multiplatform games that were later delayed only on Switch. A lot of the January Direct begging in 2018 was a result of EA leaking that there would be a January Direct, not so much that there needed to be one as Game Awards 2017 set up the year better.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ilikeike

There's another consideration that I think should force Nintendo into holding some sort of direct this month: their investors. IIRC, there will be an investors meeting on the 31st, and if Nintendo has no dated games for next quarter aside from Yoshi by that time, investors aren't going to be happy. 2019's release schedule is looking pretty vague right now, with only one first party game and a handful of third-party ports having concrete dates. If Nintendo wants to paint a good picture for their investors, they'd best make some bigger announcements soon.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Strongly disagree about the Game Awards being tame. Marvel and Joker in Smash were far bigger announcements than Bayonetta. Also there hasn't been an officially confirmed delay for any of those multiplatform games.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

troy258

@GyroZeppeli Labo is for a whole other audience, it's more for kids and god of war is mature rated. Torna was standalone dlc and isn't really a new game. A physical release of a game in february won't happen because there is not enough time to market it. A digital release is still possible but It won't be a firsty party game. Ninjala may still be possible...

troy258

ilikeike

@IceClimbers I second this. The Game Awards was huge because it showed how the Switch is finally being taken seriously as a console alongside Xbox and Playstation. When was the last time that huge, highly-anticipated multiplatform games were announced to come out on Nintendo consoles alongside the other main platforms?
Not to mention that Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a massive surprise announcement that will doubtless be huge once it releases, and Joker in Smash is insane. The show really boded well for 2019 all in all.

GeoChrome

@troy258 Torna told an entirely different story and had a separate release, so it really was a new game. Plus, Nintendo really shouldn’t care about releases on their platforms. You said LABO was a different market, so why doesn’t this apply to all of Nintendo’s first party games?

Here’s another example: Spyro and Let’s Go, both remakes, released three days apart from each other. Despite this, Let’s Go was one of the fastest selling Switch games. Also, both appeal to pretty much the same audience.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

troy258

@gyroZeppeli although Torna was a standalone release it still was dlc, compare it to uncharted the lost legacy. And pokemon just sells it doesn't matter when it releases. And there are still games releasing on switch in february. An animal crossing and Fire emblem isn't ready yet to be released. And Yoshi will just get drowned Nintendo should care what's releasing. You cannot lose eyes of the competition it's just basic bussiness sense.

troy258

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Joker in Smash was just more Smash, Nintendo already focused an insane amount of Smash since E3 so while a big announcement it was like when they chose to have a Smash Direct in August rather than a normal Direct. The official Crash Team Racing site and the Warner Bros. store seem like official enough confirmation that Crash Team Racing and Mortal Kombat 11 respectively are being delayed on Switch? Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 could be big, don't know.

It definitely wasn't enough for a Direct to come as late as it's coming.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GeoChrome

@Whitewatermoose How credible is this developer? For all we know, they could just be spreading false rumors.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

bixente

If true I wonder what games are behind schedule.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

ilikeike

@Whitewatermoose Could you provide examples of some of your previous correct information?

rallydefault

Internet people are funny.

3 months ago: "Nintendo has NOTHING interesting going on, this sucks, I hate sunshine, rawr."
Today: "Nintendo has SO MUCH momentum recently, would be a shame to see it evaporate."

For the observant and rational, there is much to be discerned from this phenomenon.

rallydefault

GrailUK

Nice to see you back on the forums Mr Moose

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Bolt_Strike

I'm more concerned about when the Pokemon Direct that announces 8th gen is than the next full Direct. Hopefully not more than a few weeks.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

@Bolt_Strike I would think they'd announce it before the end of February based on X/Y and Sun/Moon. Then again, in both of those cases they didn't really get the ball rolling on the pre-release info cycle until May anyways so I suppose they could just wait until then this time around.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic