Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 261 to 280 of 15,822

Justifier

But just because of KH3 they should announce something themselves.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano That would only make sense if those two games were coming to the Switch.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

@ilikeike Definitely not the case when the majority of the unknown releases for this year are going to be ports. That's just reality.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

ilikeike

@IceClimbers Of course there will be tons of ports this year, but I don't think Nintendo will need to lean on them as much as they did in 2018 since there's way more non-port big games this year than there were last year. Animal Crossing, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Town, Pokemon, Daemon x Machina, Mortal Kombat, Doom Eternal, Crash Racing, to name a few. Obviously there will be many ports announced in each Direct, but I think that the new games will get much more emphasis.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

GrailUK

@ilikeike I need details on Monkey Ball, Grandia and Langrisser dammit.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed If they don't have the announcements yet to compete, it may be better to let the games pass for a bit and then reveal stuff.

@ilikeike Given there hasn't been a Direct yet, I'm pretty sure the reason the announcement happened was to show Switch had upcoming games with actual known release dates after Travis Strikes Again. Everything afterwards was vague like "Spring 2019" or "2019" until the announcements.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I think Nintendo have missed a big trick by not releasing anything in February - and I assuming that to be the case due to the lack of any Direct or random trailer/release date drops via social media. They really could have kept the Switch momentum going after such a successful holiday season.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Honestly the situation now makes me think about how things would've been if Smash didn't end up being the major seller it was. As for February, I agree but regarding physical (I do think Yoshi's the next physical Switch game). I do however see digital exclusive stuff appearing in February, at the least you'll likely have Piranha Plant for Smash.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I feel it kinda disappointing that you look at the PS4 and Xbox One and you see big games in the first 3 months of the year, granted most are third party titles, but they are still big and hyped up titles. Then you look at Nintendo and you see some third party ports, a 6 year old Wii U Mario port though it seems to be doing pretty well, and Yoshi which I haven't seen enough of to decide whether it's a game for me. Though based on Woolley World I am expecting it isn't. But it all just feels like a big come down.

A January Direct going all in on some big games further into the year such as Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 3 and the odd big surprise such as Metroid Prime Trilogy HD would have been a big help in keeping the hype alive.

NintendoByNature

Call me crazy but i just don't think they can go all the way to the end of March with no first party games. There has to be something dropping in February. Eshop exclusive is my best which is fine but still some thing needs to drop.

NintendoByNature

ilikeike

@nintendobynature That's another reason I think that there has to be a Direct either next week or early February. I can't imagine they'll let February go on without any sort of major release. Plus, they gotta keep that momentum going, and let fans/investors know what their plans are for the year.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

NintendoByNature

@ilikeike exactly. I can't imagine they'll ignore next month completely. Nintendo suprises me quite often. Good or bad. But this would take The cake if nothing gets announced or released late this month or early next..

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

To be fair, even if they don't announce anything now, Smash Bros->3 months->Yoshi->2 months->Fire Emblem is not that bad. Although I was hoping 2019 would be kind of extreme like 2017 was.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

troy258

If they would drop any game in february it would just be overshadowed. Games like far cry new dawn, jump force, dead or alive 6, metro exodus are all releasing on the 15th of february. Anthem is releasing on the 22. We still have trials rising on the 12 and steins gate elite on the 19th. So as a switch owner we still have something to play although these games may be a bit more niche. And don't you all have a backlog of games? I still need to finish 4-5 jrpg's on my switch. But I can understand that if you really only play first party games the start is a bit underwhelming. Super mario bros u deluxe isn't exciting for the people who already owned a Wii U and travis strikes again is a where people are divided if it's actually good or not.

troy258

Pluto14

@nintendobynature I also think that there will be a direct at the end of this month or in the first half of february. But that's purely based on the fact that they need to announce new games for 2019 asap, and the fact that they need to give the release date for Piranha Plast in ssbu.

Pluto14

DannyBoi

Will the direct have already been recorded?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

troy258

@Dannyboi It's always prerecored so depending on the date it goes live it could already be recorded.

troy258

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Given we've heard nothing on Fire Emblem since E3, something like Daemon X Machina seems more likely for May.

Grumblevolcano

GeoChrome

@troy258 God of War & Spider-Man didn’t stop Nintendo from releasing LABO and Torna in those respective months, so why would they be scared of big releases on other platforms now?

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic