Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 15,874

Dezzy

I wonder what their big holiday game this year will be? Given that Zelda is probably a 2021 game.

Bayonetta 3 is probably too niche to fit that role. Those kinds of games don't tend to sell more than 2 million or something like that.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy I'm going with 3D World. MK8 Deluxe is the best selling Switch game, NSMBU Deluxe sold very well even after Mario Maker 2 was announced a month later (and is outselling Mario Maker 2). 3D World was the 2nd best selling Wii U game (in between MK8 and NSMBU) so a port would fit well as a holiday 2020 title.

Then release BotW 2 in March 2021 alongside a Switch revision (more like New 3DS but for Switch than Switch Pro).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

That might make sense for Nintendo actually. So few people bought the Wii U that 3D World would be quite a big deal for a lot of people, and certainly would sell very well. Kinda disappointing for those of us who've already played it to death though. They'd have to add like 2 new worlds for me to consider buying it again.

@Rexenokid

I'm pretty sure if they were gonna do that much, they'd just call it MK9.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

3D world, next to Xenoblade X l, seems like one of the final remaining wii u exclusives that needs to make it over. They both feel inevitable, though I wonder if we'll get another full Mario game announced this year

TuVictus

BenAV

@Grumblevolcano I'd be a bit disappointed if their big holiday release turned out to be just another Wii U port. I also don't think 3D World was very good, except for multiplayer, so I probably wouldn't buy it again. That'd be two years in a row without a good holiday release.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Octane

3D World was fine, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Octane

Harmonie

I think I bought it because the Wii U had nothing else at the time I bought the system (late 2013). It's an alright game, but good lord, no, do not make a Wii U port the holiday title.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

DAHstroy

Does the Sonic Station event on the 20th interrupt our dreams of having a Direct on the same day?

DAHstroy

Neoguardian86

@DAHstroy
I’m curious if they are just gonna show off the two Sega games or if there is gonna be news.

—————
As for Nintendo Direct, if in the next 5 days nothing happens, I don’t expect a general Nintendo Direct for February at all. And I’m saying that as someone who’d love one. If we get anything, anything at all, it’ll be one for Animal Crossing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Switch: live A Live
Playstation 5: Assassins Creed Origins
Xbox Series X:
iOS: Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster
3DS XL:

PSN : Neoguardian86
Steam : GhostinShell86

Switch Friend Code: SW-5194-5130-4929 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-0557-6118 | Nintendo Network ID: Neoguardian86

Neoguardian86

Just a wondering thought, and I notice nobody is mentioning it here. But how big of a news story is that quarantined Cruise ship 🛳 in Japan, in Japan?

If it’s this gigantic national drama that is dominating the national conversation, maybe that’s why Nintendo has not done a Direct? Without them having to say so.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Switch: live A Live
Playstation 5: Assassins Creed Origins
Xbox Series X:
iOS: Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster
3DS XL:

PSN : Neoguardian86
Steam : GhostinShell86

Switch Friend Code: SW-5194-5130-4929 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-0557-6118 | Nintendo Network ID: Neoguardian86

DannyBoi

Sabi is suggesting that we will be getting an animal crossing direct on the 20th.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

troy258

@DannyBoi
Sabi thought that Emily rodgers was teasing an animal crossing direct next week, which emily rodgers now deconfirmed.

troy258

FragRed

I keep hearing people talk about Sabi as if he/she is reliable. Is this the one that deletes tweets when they get something wrong and only leave the “correct” ones up?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JokerCK

Imagine you follow Sabi and Emily Roger and believe what they say.LOL

JokerCK

FragRed

@JokerCK In truth, believe no one. There’s a reason Nintendo has so few leaks whereas others often get revealed via websites or people with inside sources.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

rallydefault

Ugh... 3D World as their holiday game would drive me to PS5/Xbox lol

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

Youtube is recommending the February 2019 Direct

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano @Harmonie YouTube saying “just give up hope and watch last years instead”

DannyBoi

Why does Youtube keep reccomending February Nintendo direct 2019?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic