Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 16,061 to 16,080 of 16,631

Grumblevolcano

@ElRoberico All the Direct NSO roadmaps are fully completed so it's random announcements now (like how N64 last month was Extreme-G and Iggy's Reckin' Balls) until probably another roadmap in the June Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ElRoberico

@Grumblevolcano I'm making a random prediction with this, but I'm guessing that's how we're getting Glover.

Currently playing: Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Qwertyninty

Honestly, I have no idea what they can show in this next direct to entice me to pick up my OLED. I'm just on switch 2 watch right now. I'm interested to see what they can announce to hold people over to possibly March 2025.

Qwertyninty

FishyS

I just need one game I want at the direct so I can use my remaining voucher and I'll be happy.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Qwertyninty

@rallydefault I can understand that. Switch had a lot of games to play. I've been waiting for a successor for a long time. Games for the switch don't do it for me. I have a lot going on in life so the wait is okay.

Qwertyninty

Sigran102

I don't even want new games right now. Just give me Luigi's Mansion 1, Metroid Prime 2, and the Zelda remasters, and I'll be fine until Switch 2.

Sigran102

FishyS

@Sigran102 Out of that list, I'm guessing you will get Metroid prime 2 and at least one old Zelda. I really don't think they would give us another Luigi's Mansion so soon... Conceivably Mario and Luigi port/remake/remaster since Nintendo seems to be on an RPG kick.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Novamii

Oh, what I wouldn't do for a Kid Icarus: Uprising port. It's funny, for years I always pitied the Nintendo fans that never got sequels to their favorite games, then Uprising came out and...I get it. XD Suddenly "See you in another 25 years." doesn't seem so unlikely.

Edited on by Novamii

I'm cringe, but I'm free.

My Current Games: Binging some smaller games until the Direct. (Prime 2+3 would be great)
(I'm a man of my word, if Kid Icarus: Uprising gets announced in the next Direct, I'll make my avatar wear a clown outfit for a week.)

PikminMarioKirby

Hopefully we get New Leaf and a HAL Gamecube game, or both

Luigi’s Mansion would be a good candidate, however I think that it’s more likely to be announced sooner rather than later.

However, the comment below makes a really good point about Mario’s anniversary. We know what happened in 2020 with Super Mario’s 35th anniversary (3D All-Stars, Mario Kart Live, Super Mario Bros. 35, Mario 3D World+Bowser’s Fury, MKT event, Mario Game&Watch, Mario All-Stars NSO, (and Origami King supposedly planned to be a part of celebration, however was earlier)). We’ll likely see a big celebration for Mario around the same time next year, pretty likely in June and/or September/October 2025. We’ll likely see some old Mario games return (along with potentially the next Mario Movie trailer.)

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

If the upcoming Nintendo Direct has a Luigi’s Mansion 1 shadow drop I will change my profile picture to a Dorito

chapuH

@IceClimbers Could be the original Luigis Mansion and Mario 3D Land, considering 2025 is Super Marios 40th anniversary.

Hope you're having a good day.

rallydefault

@Qwertyninty
Yea, that's pretty much it - there's just so many awesome games, and I haven't gotten around to many of them yet, including some first-party stuff. It's also the first console when I've been in a position in life that I can afford to comfortably collect for it, so I want the system to stay current and prices for everything to stay reasonable for a bit longer lol

rallydefault

FishyS

chapuH wrote:

@IceClimbers Could be the original Luigis Mansion and Mario 3D Land, considering 2025 is Super Marios 40th anniversary.

Could be practically anything... most people are expecting fairly major remasters in the June direct (e.g. a Zelda game) so having 2 more next year is zero surprise.

I agree a mainline Mario port/remaster would make a lot of sense next year; Switch 2 will presumably start with Mario, but Nintendo will want some 40th anniversary Mario for the Switch 1 owners as well. Even though we have had buckets of Mario lately.

FishyS

Skunkfish

@IceClimbers Very vague rumour, I always wonder how these sorts of rumours come about. If it's one of the devs that leaked it, do they not know what game they're working on? If it's because they don't want it to be traced back to them, why be so vague that it's almost worthless information. It's so vague, that even if it's completely made up, it's still more likely to be true than not.

Skunkfish

Fizza

chapuH wrote:

Could be the original Luigis Mansion and Mario 3D Land, considering 2025 is Super Marios 40th anniversary.

It feels weird to say given the relative drought we had in terms of major Mario releases between Bowser's Fury and Mario Wonder, but I think LM1 and 3D Land getting Switch ports when most of 2024 has already been Mario-related would be one of the least exciting things they could possibly do at this point. I like Mario, I'd lose my mind if LM1 came to Switch and pretty much all of the Mario media we've gotten over the past year-and-a-half has been excellent, but at some point you really just have to take a step back and go '....maybe this is a bit much' XD

As for my own hopes in regards to that rumour, I'd love for it to be a duo of more obscure/neglected games personally, chief among which being F-Zero GX/Chibi Robo or Kid Icarus Uprising; I'd take any of those on Switch in a heartbeat

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

CaleBoi25

@Fizza If Switch gets Kid Icarus: Uprising, then Switch 2 better get a new installment!

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Croctopus

Kid Icarus Uprising immediately came to mind for the 3DS game. Maybe Luigi's Mansion 1 or F-Zero GX for the GCN one.

Nintendo supporting Switch for a couple more years after the new system is exactly the same as what happened with 3DS. 3DS got a few remakes for a couple of years after Switch's launch, so this makes sense, especially with the Switch's massive install base. I remember when people regularly wished those games were on the Switch instead, but at least these two games would hopefully still be playable on the next system with BC.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I think one of them will be Mario and the other will be Zelda considering the 2nd Mario movie in April 2026 and the Zelda movie exists. So something like Luigi's Mansion and A Link Between Worlds.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic