Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 15,874

JokerCK

You mean Respawn Entertainment right?

JokerCK

NotTelevision

@Dezzy I just played through the campaign of Titanfall 2 and enjoyed it. That’s how you do first-person playforming right. I didn’t like the parts where you control the titans as much, but the gameplay felt really good other than that. I’ll get Jedi Fallen Order when it inevitably reaches the 20-30 dollar range.

NotTelevision

DannyBoi

The next direct will probably be on Thursday. If not, then it will be in February or March. We still haven't heard much about animal crossing so it will probably be before March.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Dezzy

JokerCK wrote:

You mean Respawn Entertainment right?

Yes, Respawn are owned by EA.

NotTelevision wrote:

@Dezzy I just played through the campaign of Titanfall 2 and enjoyed it. That’s how you do first-person playforming right.

Best single player FPS campaign for years. Probably the best since Halo 3.

Although I still haven't done DOOM, so maybe that will equal it.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

rallydefault

@link3710
Therefore they have those franchises. Did I ever say they created them?

rallydefault

link3710

@rallydefault You heavily implied it, by listing those off as reasons why EA isn't a mess.

@Dezzy They weren't owned by EA when they made Titanfall 2

Edited on by link3710

link3710

NotTelevision

@Dezzy Doom is awesome. It is actually very similar to the campaigns in the classic (1&2) games, so it’s less “duck and cover” and more strafe and run around like hell.

Wolfenstein: The New Order and The New Colossus also really surprised me with its handful of interesting characters and fun and darkly comedic world building.

NotTelevision

Grumblevolcano

I'd say around 2012 was when modern EA appeared, pretty sure that was when FIFA Ultimate Team was so successful that microtransactions started to appear in console games outside FIFA. When the focus becomes the monetization model, the quality of the game itself generally suffers.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

sixrings

@link3710 doesn't Nintendo do the same thing with their own studios. They didn't even own the company who made Mario and Luigi franchise. What about f zero on GameCube which everyone loves. Made by Sega. camelot is a second party studio. Next Level Games isn't owned by Nintendo.

It's ok if you want to hate EA but at least get your hate reasons right.

sixrings

link3710

@sixrings Yeah? What's you're point? I'll readily admit the Mario & Luigi games weren't made by Nintendo, nor was F-Zero GX, or Luigi's Mansion 2 or 3. No Pokemon was made by them either, nor is Federation Force, Punch-out Wii, Metroid Samus Returns, Super Mario Strikers, Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, Killer Instinct Gold, ExciteBike 64, Baten Kaitos, Geist, Eternal Darkness etc.

Also, second party studios don't exist. Camelot is third party. Second party refers to the end user.

link3710

sixrings

@link3710 people have been listing games EA published since you said they were never a good company and you have dismissed all the games simply because they were made from outside studios. That's my point.

sixrings

link3710

@sixrings Yeah, and there's a difference between developed and published games. I'm saying I am taking an issue with how EA handles companies after acquisition, not the ones they are just publishing on.

link3710

FragRed

@sixrings Which Star Wars game are you talking about because Battlefront 2 was a huge PR disaster with reports speculating Disney has to step in. Fallen Order however was definitely handled well, even if it’s a single player game - something EA has openly stated nobody wants anymore.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

EA is a bit of a mess indeed. But if Fallen Order is as good as people say it is, then it's a sign that at least their studios are capable of creating good games as long as EA isn't involved too much

Octane

sixrings

I like their sports games... FIFA, live (I'm weird I like it more than 2k), NHL, Fight Night. Need for speed always treated me good as well.

sixrings

Dezzy

link3710 wrote:

@Dezzy They weren't owned by EA when they made Titanfall 2

Good point, but given that Apex Legends and Jedi Fallen Order were both made post-acquisition, it's fair to say EA haven't ruined them yet. So there's not much difference at this point between them in 2016 and 2019.

It's also worth pointing out that most of the reporting on Bioware's troubles have suggested that it wasn't primarily EA who ruined them. They ruined themselves.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

rallydefault

@link3710
I clearly typed "EA HAS blahblahblah."

But whatevs, dude. It's the internet. Do as you please.

EA is just another big publisher just like every other big publisher. People are just sheep that like to bleat out the same things they here from the other sheep.

rallydefault

echoplex

I have reached the point where I am more eagerly waiting for an ND announcement than the ND itself.

echoplex

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic