Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 15,474

Harmonie

sigh Yeah, this doesn't bode well for a Nintendo Direct any time soon.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

link3710

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the next general direct won't be until a mini in April, the next full one will be E3.

link3710

NintendoByNature

Part of me remembers a couple instances where we had a direct then a smash stream to follow afterwards( maybe e3 And September's direct with the banjo release?). I think it happened one other time too. I think that means there could still be one before the smash stream.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Matthew010

@Grumblevolcano I'm starting to doubt that now. Both the Pokémon Direct and Smash DLC 5 reveal were announced two days prior to when they aired.

Either way, we aren't getting a Direct this week now, for sure.

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

link3710

@NintendoByNature Correct, but we have confirmed the character will be revealed in the Livestream itself. If there was a direct this month, or any time prior to release, it would be in there. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't revealed at TGA considering they apparently had no interest in doing it at an event of their own.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 good point. I'm trying to recall how the September direct went down. Was banjo revealed as available today in the September direct and to tune in after the direct to showcase his move set? Same with hero/dq at e3?

I guess I'm still not ready to rule anything out with Nintendo. I mean, after All, 2 years ago we had a mini direct announced at like 10am and the direct was at 11am that day lol.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@NintendoByNature Yeah, the last two times the livestream was announced during the direct. Only Terry's was announced on its own. And well, Joker didn't get one.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 gotcha, you're probabaly right. Im ust clinging to any direct hopes lol. Directs are my favorite gaming moments outside of gaming istelf.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature The September Direct was:

• Announced September 3rd (only hints about content were Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword/Shield)
  • Aired September 4th
  • Banjo's release date announced in the Direct to be same day with the Smash stream happening straight after the Direct

So I think just like the Pokemon Direct deconfirmed a normal Direct last week, the Smash livestream being announced in advance today deconfirms a normal Direct for this week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Ugh, the torture continues. It's probably just gonna be February and we should stop paying attention for a while.

They wouldn't do this livestream by itself if the Direct was in the next few weeks. They'd just wait for that.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@NintendoByNature Honestly, I wouldn't hold your breath for it being soon either. A smash reveal is always a major part of any direct, so if we're getting one now, that means there won't be one until after the character releases. Which since that could be any time since it's not announced yet (and they could delay it with no one being the wiser), there's no reason to assume we'll get a Direct until March at the earliest.

link3710

Octane

Arrogant Nintendo again. Thinking they can do without a Direct.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

I suspect at this point the direct is in feb. they are just getting the stuff that would take up too much time and are guaranteed sales out of the way. There is no way they are going to let animal crossing drop without at least one more reminder to people to buy it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@Octane Honestly, why can't they? Gods & Monsters, FF VII Remake (and Avengers) just got delayed, leaving Ori and Doom Eternal the only major competition for Q1. And Doom Eternal is coming to Switch later so... April's terrible timing for a release with FFVII, Cyberpunk, R3make, Trials of Mana (and probably Dying Light 2) all over the course of a couple of weeks. They can coast without issue thanks to the lack of competition, I think Switch actually has a better Q1 at this point than PS4 or XB1, so they don't need to tell us anything until the AC wave is over.

link3710

Octane

@link3710 This was my attempt at a joke

They're fine. Though I wouldn't mind getting some info on what's coming after Animal Crossing.

Octane

link3710

/whoosh on myself then welp

link3710

rallydefault

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@rallydefault So yeah, like I said, you're totally entitled to dislike the games, but why would you want other people who do enjoy them, not to? What's so hard about just ignoring them? Does them enjoying the games have any effect on your whatsoever?

I just don't understand why you'd wish for the games not to happen. It sounds like your just out to spite people who like something you don't.

Uh... I feel like I'm being punked. Are you being serious?

I don't want the games to be made because I'd rather those devs focus on other games. Simple as that. Nothing about the fanbase...ever. I really don't know what's going on here lol <looks for secret cameras>

@kkslider5552000
Obligatory "your opinion is wrong" post from you, my man. Keep rocking. Don't ever change.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Ryu_Niiyama

I am starting to wonder what is up with pikmin 4 though... I doubt Nintendo would cancel it even if they will sit on it for a bit since it is Miyamoto-dono's baby. I don't know why but I feel like this year will be less new IPs (Nintendo has done pretty well on that) and more revisits and some b listers since the switch is doing well enough to reach out to gamers that like other genres.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic