Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 13,241 to 13,260 of 15,881

Bolt_Strike

@GrailUK We still know nothing about Prime 4 and don't even have a release window or anything other than a logo. Again, I think if it hadn't been revealed way back in 2017, we might not even know about it now. Usually the farther away games have a bit more to go on than just a logo and "it's coming sometime LOL". We'd at least know what year it's releasing. We might even have some gameplay. Not the case with Prime 4, we know it's in development and nothing else. I don't think you can really count it until it gets a re-reveal sort of trailer.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

GrailUK

@Bolt_Strike Maybe the next Direct. But it is coming. But hey they have been riding Epona (and quite rightly so.) If the next Direct has no games, then I will agree with what you said.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

All this new information seems to suggest Nintendo was waiting for the Metaphor: ReFantazio embargo to end. Much like Persona 3 Reload and Persona 5 Tactica, Microsoft created an embargo preventing the game from being announced for platforms outside PC/Xbox but unlike the other 2 games this one had a longer embargo. Atlus has a stream for the game at 2pm UK time on June 21st so that's probably when the embargo ends. A Direct on June 21st or June 22nd at the usual general Direct time would suggest Metaphor will appear.

@Bolt_Strike Yeah, I do think Pokemon Presents will be August because of wave 1 of the DLC being Fall 2023, August is also still summer so you could have Pokemon Sleep be an "available shortly after the presentation" type situation like they did with Pokemon Smile in June 2020's Pokemon Presents.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

@GrailUK We've been saying "maybe next Direct" on Prime 4 for about a year or two, I'll believe it's coming soon when I see it. This is definitely an "expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised" sort of situation.

Another part of the equation I forgot to mention is timing. We're 6 years into the Switch and consoles don't usually last that much longer without a successor being announced (in fact the only ones that did were the Game Boy and Xbox 360). Additionally, some of the games that have been rumored lately were rumored way back in 2021 and are games that haven't had entries in a good 4+ years (not to mention the Booster Course pack for Mario which just screams "we're filling out 2022/2023 even though Mario Kart desperately needs a new entry" which they wouldn't do if next gen were coming in 2025 or later), so if they weren't saving them for next gen, they'd probably already been out now or at least announced. Those kinds of entries being saved for next gen is the only rational explanation for why we haven't seen games such as an Odyssey 2 or a new 2D Mario or Mario Kart 9 or a new DK game, and it's getting too late in the generation to release them when those kinds of IPs would do better as next gen launch titles. 2021/2022 was more the time to release those kinds of games and still make it for a potential next gen entry and those years passed us by without even a whisper on those sorts of games. Next gen launch is the next logical release window for those types of experiences now.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

GrailUK

@Bolt_Strike '...they don't usually...' and Nintendo have said as much with their unchartered terrertory spiel. As always, I am usualy wrong lol, I just stay positive and let whatever will be, be

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

TheBigBlue

Fizza wrote:

I think this headline perfectly encapsulates the fever pitch Nintendo fans have reached when it comes to these Direct rumours.

Pfft, are you kidding? One guy on Reddit said this and the post was labeled “grain of salt”. The stadium the Mario render from 2007 appeared in mind you, is that Seattle baseball team or something that Nintendo has shares/invests in I believe it was. People would cry and whine about a new Mario baseball anyway. They completely hated Mario Strikers Battle League as if it were the devilspawn, so what makes Sluggers any different? They need to go outside.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

skywake

@GrailUK
I think inflation has given them space to not require an official price drop. But it's worth noting that they did release the OLED SKU to keep interest up. And they also released the Lite before their peak. And, from what I've seen here at least, their hardware seems to be fairly regularly on sale

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TheBigBlue

What in the criss-cross applesauce hell is going on these days? ANOTHER RUMOR. It just keeps going. I still am holding on to the fact none of these fools know what they are talking about and we are getting a partner direct until proven otherwise. Take this with a grain of salt (again.) people have been saying we are getting a new 2D Mario for 7 years. Why would that happen now of all times when the switch is on its last legs (supposedly, I think it has a solid two years left)

Anti-Matter

@TheBigBlue
I would like to see Mario in actual Baseball outfits for next Mario Baseball game.
He will looks awesome.
His plumber outfits is really clashed with any sports he played.

Anti-Matter

TheBigBlue

Well. I just checked the gaming leaks and rumors subreddit. We’ve got another report coming in that Zippo (hahahahaha, that guy is such an idiot, he said we’d get a new Mario baseball in February so I don’t care about him) says the SNES remake in question is actually chrono trigger. Which is nuts. Is he just guessing? Does he actually know? I’m so confused, these reports are coming in too fast to ignore.

TheBigBlue

@Anti-Matter he was in football/soccer outfits for Mario strikers battle league, so I think he will have proper baseball uniforms next game, if it’s real.

TheBigBlue

@Owl1 there can only be one snes remake, but which is it? Both are Square Enix so that makes it even more confusing

Grumblevolcano

@TheBigBlue I brought it up in the main Switch thread but Theatrhythm DLC has lined up with ports/remasters/remakes. For example the Live a Live DLC was released on March 1st and then Live a Live was announced for PS on March 30th for release on April 27th.

Season Pass 2 is:

• Nier Pack 2 (all about the original Nier and the Replicant remaster) - April 26th
  • Chrono Pack 1 (heavily focused on Chrono Trigger, 1 song from Chrono Cross) - May 17th
  • Chrono Pack 2 (again heavily focused on Chrono Trigger, 1 song from Chrono Cross) - June 7th
  • Mana Pack 1 (don't know which games the songs are from but 2 are from Trials of Mana) - June 28th
  • Octopath Traveler Pack (all about the first game which came to Switch in 2018) - July 19th

So if Square Enix was to provide an announcement connected to each of these you could end up with for example:

• Nier Replicant for Switch
  • Chrono Trigger for Switch
  • Collection of Mana for PS
  • Octopath Traveler for PS

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

This is nintendo we're talking about here though. You just never know. Having said that, I'm almost banking on a new 2d mario. There's definitely a shortage on the system.

NintendoByNature

Bolt_Strike

I don't buy the 2D Mario rumors. That sounds like a thing they would save for next gen, especially if it's a new type of 2D Mario and not just a NSMB Switch or Mario Maker 3 (which I don't think it is). A completely new and original, potentially groundbreaking entry in their flagship IP (even for a lower budget entry like a 2D game) is a perfect candidate for a launch title and would be a huge system seller, it's far too significant to waste on the twilight years of a console. I don't think we're getting a new entry in 2D Mario OR 3D Mario until the new generation.

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

NoA's been completely silent all day (in the past, weekdays where this has happened a Direct was announced the following day) so seems we've got a setup of general Direct announced Tuesday for airing on Wednesday.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic