Forums

Topic: Metroid Dread

Posts 881 to 884 of 884

jsubbuteo

I recently completed MD and below is an email I sent to Mercury Steam. I intended to send one to Nintendo but could not locate a way besides social media channels. I just did not want to slap this across Twitter or FB. Completing MD has been an amazing experience.

Hi
I'm fifty three and I have cerebral palsy and I just beat Metroid Dread. I know there are alot of gamers with a more difficult time than I, however every video game beat and played is a triumph. I play mostly one handed ( left handed) and have to think to get my right hand to even press a button let alone hold it.

It took me ten years of trying to beat another Metroid game Metroid Prime. The Omega Pirate seemed impossible with the button combos and my situation. It was only after I played it on Wii U with motion controls and several starts and stops in the past that I prevailed and it was ten years of continuous trying. I've told my daughter that when I die I will have "I beat the Omega Pirate" on my grave marker. It took me over 80 hours to complete Metroid Dread and yet some can do it in just over an hour. I even started over after not getting past the twin Chozo soldiers. I had my daughter complete a complex shinespark sequence and didn't finish that file because I wanted the satisfaction of finishing completely on my own. I did use the Metroid Dread Amiibo for the extra tank and missiles.

Thank you for this game. There was a time when a video game saved my life (Eternal Darkness). Every game since Eternal Darkness that I can complete is a joy and Metroid Dread was beyond my dreams for an experience.

Thank you
Yoshio Sakamoto
Nintendo
Mercury Steam

I'll be purchasing a new Pro Controller as I really put a lot of pressure and tweaking on my current one. It took a ton of trial and error to beat Metroid Dread @ 78% completion.

jsubbuteo

NintendoByNature

@jsubbuteo awesome job! The game is super tough, so I couldn't imagine how hard it must of been for you. Makes me happy to hear great stories like this. Keep gaming, my friend!

NintendoByNature

Tendo64

jsubbuteo wrote:

I recently completed MD and below is an email I sent to Mercury Steam. I intended to send one to Nintendo but could not locate a way besides social media channels. I just did not want to slap this across Twitter or FB. Completing MD has been an amazing experience.

Hi
I'm fifty three and I have cerebral palsy and I just beat Metroid Dread. I know there are alot of gamers with a more difficult time than I, however every video game beat and played is a triumph. I play mostly one handed ( left handed) and have to think to get my right hand to even press a button let alone hold it.

It took me ten years of trying to beat another Metroid game Metroid Prime. The Omega Pirate seemed impossible with the button combos and my situation. It was only after I played it on Wii U with motion controls and several starts and stops in the past that I prevailed and it was ten years of continuous trying. I've told my daughter that when I die I will have "I beat the Omega Pirate" on my grave marker. It took me over 80 hours to complete Metroid Dread and yet some can do it in just over an hour. I even started over after not getting past the twin Chozo soldiers. I had my daughter complete a complex shinespark sequence and didn't finish that file because I wanted the satisfaction of finishing completely on my own. I did use the Metroid Dread Amiibo for the extra tank and missiles.

Thank you for this game. There was a time when a video game saved my life (Eternal Darkness). Every game since Eternal Darkness that I can complete is a joy and Metroid Dread was beyond my dreams for an experience.

Thank you
Yoshio Sakamoto
Nintendo
Mercury Steam

I'll be purchasing a new Pro Controller as I really put a lot of pressure and tweaking on my current one. It took a ton of trial and error to beat Metroid Dread @ 78% completion.

Much respect to you, brother.
I hope they acknowledge your achievement in some way.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Ninfan

Too many boss battles and I had to look at a you tube video to see how to kill some bosses. Still the game was brilliant

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic