Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 2,139

Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

kkslider5552000

I'm no regular watcher of SNL but that's the funniest SNL sketch I've personally seen in forever.

I mean its more or less just the Grouch sketch from a few years ago, but its a really good basis for a joke, so fair enough. It also gets kudos for being "what if the joke is this child friendly series was suddenly for adults" but actually funny, a distressingly rare thing these days.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WaterKirby_64

I know it's still early, but which wave do you think Piranha Plant Cove will be in?

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

MarioVillager92

@WaterKirby1964 If I had to guess, probably wave 4. I looked at Tour's course list in Mario Wiki, and it looks like there's four original courses that aren't based on a real city or a remixed retro course. (Ninja Hideaway, Sky-High Sundae, Merry Mountain, and as you've mentioned, Piranha Plant Cove.) It might be part of the Boomerang Cup since there's been a pattern of having the aforementioned courses part of the second cup of their respective waves. I don't think Nintendo's planning on adding Tour's RMX courses to the DLC, either.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

There you have it, DS Shroom Ridge is coming to Tour:

So Tour has fully caught up with the Booster Course Pass. Sure there's the new Yoshi's Island course in wave 4 but it could come to Tour before wave 4 releases.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Interesting, so Nintendo skipped 3DS Alpine Pass and Wii Maple Treeway when highlighting tracks in the Switch news section:

• February 14th - Wii Mushroom Gorge
  • February 18th - Sky High Sundae
  • February 21st - Tour London Loop
  • February 25th - GBA Boo Lake
  • February 28th - Tour Berlin Byways

At this rate, it's looking like Wave 4 may actually release in March.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

card-crunch78

I've been saving video clips of me winning in online races, which is when I hit 1st, 2nd or 3rd places. Right now, my main driver is Inkling Boy (purple), but once the next DLC wave hits I'm going to play as green Birdo just to rub it in the non-DLC owners' faces.

Edited on by card-crunch78

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

TheBigBlue

There’s no way we don’t get a bowser’s castle track, but don’t expect a grand one. Maybe Castle 1 from GBA

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

WiiWareWave

@TheBigBlue With as many GCN tracks that haven't been leaked yet "I believe 2 or 3 of them are still unconfirmed, so I'm honestly expecting Bowser's Castle from Double Dash which is a fan favorite.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano Maybe they'll release it on the 1 Year Anniversary of the 1st Wave? Also GOOD LORD HOW HAS IT ALREADY BEEN A YEAR SINCE WAVE 1.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@LilyGoMEOW Ah yeah, that's another course I want to see make a comeback. Out of all the Bowser's Castle courses throughout the Mario Kart series, the one from Double Dash is easily my favorite. I'd honestly love more MKDD courses to make a return in general... we're three waves in and there's not a single course from that game in the BCP yet.

On a side note, I wonder how likely it is to have more kart parts as part of the next update. They've added additional ones to MK8D long before the BCP got announced.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza You also have that Mario Kart is the Mario movie trailer image for the Direct on March 9th as well:

So announce that week and release the following week seems like a possibility.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Bunkerneath

3 Tours, Singapore, Amsterdam and Bangkok
Wii DK Summit
GBA Riverside Park
GCN Walugigi Stadium
Yoshi's Island (New)

Hmm

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Fizza

DK'S SNOWBOARD CROSS BABY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

Dude, absolutely pumped for the new tracks!! DK Summit and Waluigi Stadium were two of my most wanted ones, and DS Mario Circuit is gonna have an amazing music track. The new Yoshi’s Island course looks great as well. This is shaping up to be a very solid wave by the look of things.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

card-crunch78

Once this update hits, I'm going to switch from Inkling Boy (purple) to Birdo (green) as my main driver.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Grumblevolcano

So:

• Wave 1 - March 18th 2022
  • Wave 2 - August 4th 2022 (22 week gap)
  • Wave 3 - December 7th 2022 (18 week gap)
  • Wave 4 - March 9th 2023 (13 week gap)

Honestly with the gap between waves 3 and 4 being so short in comparison, it makes me think waves 5 and 6 may come in June and September respectively.

Grumblevolcano

MarioVillager92

Heck yeah, the next batch of courses look great! I was kind of hoping for Daisy Cruiser to make it in, but it looks like it'll be a fun time nonetheless. DK Summit and Mario Circuit (DS) were a few of my favorites and I'm still pumped for the Yoshi's Island course! Though, I'm curious about Birdo. I'm wondering if she's included as a free update, or if you need the BCP to play as her.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic