Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 121 to 140 of 3,125

MarioBrickLayer

@1UP_MARIO Thanks for posting the screenshots!! I have a lot of nostalgia for the NES versions, so for that reason, I think i'd prefer the 8 bit graphics for Super Mario 1 and 3, I didn't really play Mario 2 when I was young.

Saying that I think 16 bit graphics are great, there is another thread where someone is asking if Zelda Link To The Past would get a remake, I don't think it's needed as the graphics still look good today

MarioBrickLayer

1UP_MARIO

Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Clammy

I hope they release all stars on the switch (as one of those online SNES games thingies) alongside any all star 2 announcement (if it happens.. and I have my doubts at this point)

Clammy

sixrings

Just to let everyone know NintendoEverything has shown that the Fzero Twitter account is a fake and it is likely the 35th Mario anniversary account is fake as well.

sixrings

FragRed

@Slowdive If it were coming September, it would need to be announced pretty damn soon as we are about to head into August. If this is real, which I still doubt, and it’s to be the big holiday release, Nintendo will want all the time they can get to promote the hell out of it.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

dionysos283

I agree. If it isn't announced say by the end of next week, I'm not sure how Nintendo can still release it in September. A Mario game will surely not be shadow dropped.

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

MarioBrickLayer

Does anyone know the pre order rules in Japan? Someone said in one of these threads that the way pre-orders work in Japan means a game has to be announced 4 weeks or a month before release? I just googled it but can't find anything. If that is correct, we'll see an announcement soon.

MarioBrickLayer

dionysos283

@Slowdive
This would be awesome!
I would also love to see some quality of life improvements und extra content!

dionysos283

MarioBrickLayer

I still refuse to believe a direct is happening until E3 next year! I think if we're lucky we get a mini but apart from that, shadow drops only!! (Obviously with some partner show cases and nindies)

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

not sure what just happened, there was a post here a few minutes ago about a 4chan leak?

MarioBrickLayer

Don

Slowdive wrote:

NateDrake, the guy who was the first one to leak the exact date of the last Mini Direct, says that a (non-specified) Mario game is slated for September.

We need some announcement soon to confirm a Mario game is coming next month. We are in August already.

Don

Sisilly_G

People are delusional to even think that Nintendo would bundle all of Mario's 3D platformers in a single release (though it would be fair to expect both Galaxy games to be bundled together). This is the same Nintendo that released a 1MB (?) SNES ROM on a 4.7GB Wii disc because they couldn't bear to part with Super Mario All Stars for 800 Wii points like almost every other SNES VC release.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

OorWullie

@Silly_G Yep, it's never going to happen. The best we can probably hope for is, 64 and Sunshine remakes sold individually for $40,or together for $60. Mario Galaxy 1&2 HD remaster combo for $60 and a straight port of Super Mario 3D World for $60. They put out Donkey Kong Country - Tropical Freeze with a new easy mode for $60, after removing it from the $20 Wii U Selects line, at least digitally, so there's little chance SM3DW will cost any less.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

1UP_MARIO

@Silly_G it was 12MB but I agree with you I just can’t see a collection of 3d Marios in one single release

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

MarioBrickLayer

Silly_G wrote:

People are delusional to even think that Nintendo would bundle all of Mario's 3D platformers in a single release (though it would be fair to expect both Galaxy games to be bundled together). This is the same Nintendo that released a 1MB (?) SNES ROM on a 4.7GB Wii disc because they couldn't bear to part with Super Mario All Stars for 800 Wii points like almost every other SNES VC release.

You make a really good point.

My personal preference would be a standalone release of 64 (rebuilt like Links Awakening), sunshine + Galaxy 1 and 2 bundled with minor enhancements and the 3 new super mario games bundled.

They could justify Sunshine being a standalone release if they really enhancements the controls and graphics.

MarioBrickLayer

Reprise

@Silly_G Yeah and the same Nintendo that released three Metroid Prime games remastered on one disc just one console generation later... and the same Nintendo that released Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on one disc...

Edited on by Reprise

Reprise

Don

@damien33ad
I’m surprised Nintendo is waiting this long to announce it. A bunch of other merchandise has already been announced including the Lego products.

Don

sixrings

@OorWullie I always thought Mario 64 launch NSO game alongside pilotwings this Sept. Mario Galaxy 1&2 Bundle full price. 3D world deluxe port full price. No sunshine

sixrings

sksk12

i think they will definitely release a remaster of 64 with additional stages ect, first, with the odyssey mario 64 costume and everything. just pure speculation but mario 64 would bring more people back to nintendo because 64 is so nostalgic for some, and the hardware is becoming harder to access, they would for sure want to re-experience it. even a rerelease on the e-shop that ISNT a remaster would undoubtedly bring in lots of cash and fans looking to enjoy 64 again.

whudup

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic