Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 101 to 120 of 3,125

Don

@BlueOcean
If they are saying Nintendo plans to release most of Mario’s 35 year back catalogue of games, just 4 Mario titles (SM 64, Sunshine, Galaxy and 3D World)seem too few. Maybe this means more Mario games will be re-released.

Edited on by Don

Don

OorWullie

@aquinas1776 It's not often I'm genuinely wowed by a game but the 5 that most come to mind are Sonic the Hedgehog, Ocarina of Time, Soul Calibur, Shemmue and Mario Galaxy. When I started running around the first planet I couldn't stop smiling, it felt incredible to me. Familiar gameplay yet different to anything I'd ever played before. From the beginning to end, I felt like I was playing the best game ever made. I played and loved the sequel but it didn't give me that same feeling, despite the fact it's probably the better game.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

OorWullie

@Don My hope is that they've just remade the NES and SNES Mario's, or at least 1/3 and World, in the Mario Maker engine and they're adding them to NSO. It's a simple way to bring those games up to date but one I'd very much welcome. Thr games still look good but they could do with freshening up for modern TV's, especially the NES games. Playing through a brighter, cleaner looking Super Mario Bros 3 in wide-screen without flicker but in its original style would be a joy.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Banjo-

@aquinas1776 I think so. It will be shadow-dropped.

@Don Note that sources say "will include".

Banjo-

MarioBrickLayer

This is the list of Mario games we can play right now on the Switch through purchase on the online service:-

Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
New Super Mario Bros U (Deluxe)
Super Mario Odyssey

That leaves 11 games:-

Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
New Super Mario Bros
New Super Mario Bros Wii
New Super Mario Bros 2

Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D World

We know 3D world is a standalone release, which leaves 10. The best case would be 2 releases (a 2D and a 3D collection) with the other 10 games, there has also been some speculation about some games being unlockable items? Having a Super Mario Land or New Super Mario game unlock as a reward for completing 64 or Sunshine etc would be fun.

Or Maybe the two Super Mario Land games get added to the Online Service (as an intro to adding gameboy games) and we get a New Super Mario Bros collection?

MarioBrickLayer

jump

@MarioBrickLayer you're missing Run

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

the8thark

Honestly I feel of Nintendo remastered Paper Mario 64 and TYD, both on a single cart, people would line up for ages to get it. I know I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

the8thark

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer If you add in ports/remasters/remakes there's also:

• Super Mario All Stars (SNES)
  • Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GB)
  • Super Mario Advance (GBA)
  • Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)
  • Super Mario Advance 3 (GBA)
  • Super Mario Advance 4 (GBA)
  • Super Mario 64 DS (DS)

All Stars was rumoured for NSO back in early 2019 and GBA makes sense as a next platform for NSO given that's what happened with Wii U VC:

• 2013 - NES and SNES
  • 2014 - GBA
  • 2015 - Wii, DS and N64
  • 2016 - TG-16

Or perhaps have a GB app for GB, GBC and GBA then NSO having the Mario Land and Mario Advance games at launch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioBrickLayer

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer If you add in ports/remasters/remakes there's also:

• Super Mario All Stars (SNES)
  • Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GB)
  • Super Mario Advance (GBA)
  • Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)
  • Super Mario Advance 3 (GBA)
  • Super Mario Advance 4 (GBA)
  • Super Mario 64 DS (DS)

I might be wrong but I thought these were all re-releases of older games and/or ports to new platforms?

MarioBrickLayer

link3710

@MarioBrickLayer That's literally what they said in their post.

Also, most of the games have serious changes, from level select and mission mode in Super Mario Bros Deluxe, to overhauled graphics in All-Stars, to being basically 50% new content in 64DS. And finally, the advance games added brand new levels (at least some of them, e-reader was required I believe)

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer Super Mario 64 DS is a remake. The story is slightly different (Mario, Luigi and Wario are also captured so Yoshi is the main character), there's also extra stars and levels associated with all 4 characters' special abilities along with a load of minigames (the Wii U VC version got a 16+ rating in the UK because of Luigi's gambling minigames).

As for the others, they're enhanced ports. All Stars has upgraded graphics, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe adds saving your game and has some extras like minigames, Advance 4 adds in a load of extra levels (e-reader required, Wii U VC version unlocked all the e-reader levels) meanwhile the other games only have small differences like Mario and Luigi have voices.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

aquinas1776 wrote:

@BlueOcean ya tomorrow has to he the day. I'm honestly 100% convinced. Nintendo isn't going weeks with no first party games on horizon. There's something getting dropped tomorrow.

I hope so! If it wasn't for Paper Mario and Animal's Crossing delay, we wouldn't have absolutely nothing but ports for Switch this year! The thing is, I don't hate Animal Crossing but I don't like it anymore.

Mario remasters however would be very welcome, Super Mario 64 has never been remade (Super Mario 64 DS is a watered-down expansion), Super Mario Sunshine has never been re-released and I'd say yes to the Galaxy games without motion controls that are atrocious in Nintendo's platformers (Galaxy 1 & 2, DKC Returns...). I have Super Mario 3D World on Wii U but I'd like more people to play that one, too.

Super Mario 3D Land would make a lovely unlockable. The 2D games would be re-released as part of Online and the newer ones (DS, Wii, 3DS) as a separate 2D collection, who knows.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

MarioBrickLayer

link3710 wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer That's literally what they said in their post.

I miss-read the post! Sorry @Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer Super Mario 64 DS is a remake. The story is slightly different (Mario, Luigi and Wario are also captured so Yoshi is the main character), there's also extra stars and levels associated with all 4 characters' special abilities along with a load of minigames (the Wii U VC version got a 16+ rating in the UK because of Luigi's gambling minigames).

As for the others, they're enhanced ports. All Stars has upgraded graphics, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe adds saving your game and has some extras like minigames, Advance 4 adds in a load of extra levels (e-reader required, Wii U VC version unlocked all the e-reader levels) meanwhile the other games only have small differences like Mario and Luigi have voices.

Do you think any of these should be considered separate versions of the originals? If my list was included in a collection, would you want to see any of these versions?

MarioBrickLayer

Banjo-

@MarioBrickLayer The most important Mario remake to date is Super Mario All Stars. They used 16-bit graphics and sound, redesigned the landscapes and slightly improved the controls. I would ditch the originals and just include Super Mario All Stars, which hasn't been re-released except for an anniversary disc for Wii even though there are digital SNES games on Wii, New 3DS, Wii U, SNES Classic and Switch.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

link3710

@MarioBrickLayer I really only care about the All-Stars versions of SMB 2 and 3. Either the Deluxe or the All-Stars versions of 1 & Lost levels would be an improvement over the base game, though ideally we'd get a version with the best of both games combined.

And 64 DS is basically it's own game, I don't think you could replace it with 64, or vice versa, they're too different from each other. I'd want both.

Advance 4 had it's levels released on the Wii U VC version, so I'd definitely like to see those return again in some way.

link3710

Banjo-

@link3710 They should remake Super Mario 64 and add the Super Mario DS story, characters and stars as an alternative mode, kind of free DLC.

Banjo-

MarioBrickLayer

@BlueOcean @Link3710 I didn't realise All Stars was a 16 bit remaster, I had a NES growing up but not a SNES. Super Mario Bros 3 is one of my all time favourite games, but I have only ever played the 8 bit version.

MarioBrickLayer

1UP_MARIO

@MarioBrickLayer
After playing SMB3 on the Snes you wouldn’t want to go back to the original. Maybe if your a fan of the 8bit

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic