Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 141 to 160 of 3,125

sixrings

@sksk12 if it's just a rerelease then why not NSO. Instead of getting $10 from me they get $25 from a subscription which I'm sure I won't be renewing without a major announcement

sixrings

Mgalens

Reprise wrote:

@Silly_G Yeah and the same Nintendo that released three Metroid Prime games remastered on one disc just one console generation later... and the same Nintendo that released Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on one disc...

feels like a while since nintendo released a collection of games, i remember there being that kirby one on wii which sadly never made it to europe.
TBH i would be more than fine with nintendo jumping on board the collection train. with the lack of VC on switch it would be nice to have the option to buy/keep the games.

M2 have been great for retro fans on the switch at least.

Mgalens

sksk12

An NSO release with a N64 library would be great, but im sure nintendo would put in the eshop to reach more people. if they did end up putting an n64 library on nso, it would only include major titles (mario 64, ocarina of time) and a few others. (pilotwings 64, paper mario) but typically the games would be drip-fed to us, considering the amount of time nintendo takes to port over an nes game.

whudup

sixrings

@sksk12 people are suckers and would subscribe. Also drip feeding is Nintendo specialty. Keep people starving and they'll over pay for anything.

sixrings

sksk12

plus, i feel like nso's snes and nes games just dont feel as real and magical as they could. like, playing zelda 1 on the nes feels like your playing zelda 1 on the nes. playing zelda 1 on the switch feels like a cheap port, like a novelty, and that you aren't supposed to pour time into it. so i kinda hope that mario 64 is put onto the eshop.

whudup

sksk12

sixrings wrote:

@sksk12 people are suckers and would subscribe. Also drip feeding is Nintendo specialty. Keep people starving and they'll over pay for anything.

exactly!!! not the nintendo i know

whudup

sksk12

damien33ad wrote:

I am definitely hyped for this collection. I have never played Galaxy or Sunshine so this collection will be amazing for me. But I'm not sure they will release additional staged for 64. That would be amazing but i doubt it. I can still hope though

some people would be blinded by the nostalgia of 64 that they wouldnt care if there was an addition stage, im sure nintendo would receive some backlash if they didnt

whudup

Sisilly_G

@1UP_MARIO : I was citing the size of the SNES ROM to emphasise just how small the software is. Obviously the Wii ISO would be slightly larger to factor in the emulator data and other factors in order to render the software playable on the hardware.

@mgalens : Don't remind me. The Kirby collection skipped Australia by extension.

@Reprise : Metroid is a much smaller fish in the sea of Nintendo IP and Nintendo needed to offer a more tantalising value proposition to lure customers. That is a rare exception to Nintendo's typical practice of porting individual games and charging US$60 for them. Metroid Prime Collection was also released in the same generation as the Super Mario All Stars rerelease.

The Zelda collection is also reflective of a time in the company's history where they were more generous (and they also included bonus discs with some releases over the years). Likewise, the Nintendo of today would never include a bunch of NES ROMs in Animal Crossing like they did for the Gamecube release as they have learned that they can capitalise on every one of those ROMs by selling them separately or charging a subscription fee to grant access.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

sksk12

@Silly_G Nintendo also used to offer REAL rewards on club nintendo

whudup

sksk12

if there is a mario collection tho, i believe it would contain sunshine and 64 with some sort of nes/snes bonus and would cost around $70

whudup

Don

I’m getting really impatient for a confirmation.

Don

TheFrenchiestFry

@damien33ad "It came from 4Chan"

and you lost me.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

OG Red Dead Redemption would be a great fit on the system. I'm still hoping they port GTA V in some capacity.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MarioBrickLayer

Pikmin 3 Deluxe was announced on the Pikmin 3 release date anniversary, I wonder if that makes the 13th September a likely date for a Mario announcement as it's the anniversary of the 1st game being released in Japan?

MarioBrickLayer

jump

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

Pikmin 3 Deluxe was announced on the Pikmin 3 release date anniversary, I wonder if that makes the 13th September a likely date for a Mario announcement as it's the anniversary of the 1st game being released in Japan?

Pikmin 3 was released in July though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Reynoblade

@jump
It was released on 4th August 2013 in the USA.

Reynoblade

jump

@Shulkalot this is a British site about a Japanese company

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Don

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

That would not be wise. That’s over a month from now and people need to know whether to save for some Nintendo releases later this year or buy a PS5.

Don

Snatcher

I thinks its comming out after pikmin 3.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioBrickLayer

Don wrote:

That would not be wise. That’s over a month from now and people need to know whether to save for some Nintendo releases later this year or buy a PS5.

A month isn't that long! Sony haven't announced pricing or pre orders yet. I'm not sure there are many people trying to decide between Mario remasters and a PS5?? Maybe that number skews differently on here, but I can't how announcing them after the PS5 (assuming that comes in the next 4 weeks) significantly impacts sales of whatever Mario games they announce

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic