Forums

Topic: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - out now (eShop)

Posts 161 to 176 of 176

Eel

(Surprised pikachu face)

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SpringLand

@Eel
Lmao. I know it's not much of a revelation but it's an interesting breakdown of the Switch port. Truth be told, I'm still enjoying the game somehow.

SpringLand

Jrpglover

Out of curiosity why does everyone think £50 is too high for 3 games. That's £16.66 a piece which ( imo) is a decent price.

Jrpglover

Matt_Barber

Jrpglover wrote:

Out of curiosity why does everyone think £50 is too high for 3 games. That's £16.66 a piece which ( imo) is a decent price.

For three classic games remade well it'd be great value. When they're bug-ridden ports of ports with serious performance issues, less so though.

By way of a comparison, 3D All Stars was great value for three games of similar vintage with only a minimal amount of work done on them, because they all still played well. Sure, there were a few grumbles that they deserved more, but they didn't have much trouble selling it.

If only GTA Trilogy can be patched to that level of respectability at some point...

Matt_Barber

faint

@Zuljaras Wouldn’t that mean the detractors also have a problem? Why don’t they ignore the “buzzing” of someone having a good time?

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Slowdive

I find it really strange that Nintendo hasn't issued a statement or done other actions since they are responsible for publishing the Switch version.

Oh, and the user score on Metacritic has currently increased from 0.5 to 0.6! Bravo.

Edited on by Slowdive

_

AlliMeadow

Might be because I've never really played any GTA game since Vice City, but I really enjoy GTA 3 so far and the frame rate doesn't really bother me. I've had the game freeze 2 times, but with how quick most missions are and the constant saving it basically amounts to the same drawback as failing a mission.

I also have a great deal of nostalgia towards Vice City, so even though I'm still at 3 I might be a little biased. So far though, I'm happy with my purchase. Warts and all.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

skywake

Jrpglover wrote:

It's not necessarily as simple as dividing the price by three and saying that's the value. It's like the buy one get one free deals, it's only good value if you were going to get it anyways. In my mind they're charging $80AU for a sub-par version of Vice City and throwing in a couple of other titles as a sweetener. It's not that compelling especially with the issues they do have. For what it's worth I would've happily paid around $50AU for the trilogy if it was a straight up, no enhancements port of the original running at a higher resolution/framerate. Or maybe ~$20AU for a similar deal for just one game. Because it's not exactly a hard game to run. But a remaster that somehow takes performance backwards compared to what it was back in the day and adds weird graphical issues? .... no thanks

I'll stick with the version I managed to get on Steam before they pulled it. "Warts and all"
Untitled

Some Aussie musics: Pond, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Laserbeak1982

@Jrpglover I've pre-ordered the physical version for just under £40. Honestly a bargain for all 3 games. Even at £50 it's still a good deal imo. Yes there's a few frame rate issue right now, but nothing game breaking. I'm looking forward to playing them again, especially 3 and Vice City. Never got into San Andreas.

Laserbeak1982

Tendo64

Late to this - just watched the Nintendolife review. Wow, this sounds shockingly bad and nothing more than a cash grab.

I was always going to get the game on PS5 anyway but it's a shame it couldn't present well on Switch. Let's hope to buggery they patch it or something.

Edit: Just saw a review where the PS5 version is basically half-baked too. Disappointing.

I might pass on this unless I get convinced otherwise. Happy to pay 80 bucks for a premium product, which this ain't, by accounts.

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Silly_G

I’m curious about the sizes of the update data for each of the three games post-patch.

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Ristar24

There is a patch out for Switch, 1.04 VC, 1.03 SA.

@Silly_G VC is now 5.2 GB and SA is 13.4 GB. I've not got GTA3 downloaded at the moment so not sure there.

Not seeing much difference initially, perhaps slightly smoother performance.

Played the games a bit more and I do think they possibly look a bit crisper, not native resolution on the Lite, but I think overall resolution may be slightly improved.

Edited on by Ristar24

Ristar24

Slowdive

@Ristar24 Yep. Will inevitably bite. Maybe a patch or two and it is in a fully acceptable state. What a shame because it could've been an instant hit if they released it in such a state next year. Now there are many people who will just pass on the games because of the bad reviews and first impressions. Negativity always lingers longer.

_

Ristar24

@Slowdive Yep, I bought the game after launch and to be honest, I've found the games enjoyable to play as portable versions on my Lite. The PS2 versions on PS4 (which I also own) are are fairly poor emulations and I actually prefer these Switch versions at present, though there is certainly room for improvement. I feel this game released in an unfinished state.

Edited on by Ristar24

Ristar24

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic