Forums

Topic: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - out now

Posts 161 to 180 of 192

Sisilly_G

I’m curious about the sizes of the update data for each of the three games post-patch.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Ristar24

There is a patch out for Switch, 1.04 VC, 1.03 SA.

@Silly_G VC is now 5.2 GB and SA is 13.4 GB. I've not got GTA3 downloaded at the moment so not sure there.

Not seeing much difference initially, perhaps slightly smoother performance.

Played the games a bit more and I do think they possibly look a bit crisper, not native resolution on the Lite, but I think overall resolution may be slightly improved.

Edited on by Ristar24

Ristar24

Ristar24

@Slowdive It does seem a bit better after some extended play.

Ristar24

Ristar24

@Slowdive Yep, I bought the game after launch and to be honest, I've found the games enjoyable to play as portable versions on my Lite. The PS2 versions on PS4 (which I also own) are are fairly poor emulations and I actually prefer these Switch versions at present, though there is certainly room for improvement. I feel this game released in an unfinished state.

Edited on by Ristar24

Ristar24

kkslider5552000

I didn't think about this but they didn't delay this even though the physical versions of the game are coming out later.

Video game companies try to avoid easily avoidable bad PR challenge.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

reporterdavid

Storeshelf game has been delayed. coming early 2022

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

SwitchForce

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I didn't think about this but they didn't delay this even though the physical versions of the game are coming out later.

No this one was given bad reviews and game play reviews that's why it was pulled. I read the Metrics for this game was horrible.

SwitchForce

kkslider5552000

SwitchForce wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

No this one was given bad reviews and game play reviews that's why it was pulled. I read the Metrics for this game was horrible.

Um, no, physical releases of these games were coming out later. AFAIK anyway.

I don't know why you didn't understand what I was talking about.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

Yeah for whatever reason they were generous in foresight, and released the collection digitally several weeks before the physical version. Which gave people plenty of time to cancel their physical preorders.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Played some Vice City today in handheld mode on the OLED. Had a lot of fun, actually.

Makes me really want Grand Theft Auto IV on Switch (Idk why V gets all the attention- 4 is fantastic!).

But ya. Saint’s Row is good, too. Is 3 generally considered better than 4? I liked them both, from what I played. Humor in 3 was better imo. But I can’t afford the SD space for both.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SpringLand

@JaxonH
Saints Row 3 is usually preferred as it's more "grounded" than 4. It's also a better GTA alternative if that's what you're looking for.

SpringLand

Sisilly_G

I’m curious as to what the update sizes now are for all three games. Can anybody confirm? (and only the update data; not the software size)

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

MeatSauce

I play switch exclusively in handheld with my Fixture S1. At launch I started playing GTA 3 and it wasn’t that bad. I haven’t played since the 2 updates and now performance is terrible in handheld. This reminds me of Saints Row 3 it worked great in handheld at launch but they did a patch to improve docked performance and handheld performance went to hell. Guess I’ll wait for more patches.

Edited on by MeatSauce

MeatSauce

Suburbs

Curious if they will ever even release future updates for this, seconding the comment above I feel like the 2nd patch made handheld a little worse. I’ve played through GTA 3 (unpatched) and about 70 hours in San Andreas. Now when I try and load up San Andreas the game crashes every time - I tried reinstalling, checking for corrupt data and nothing fixes. Hoping they can resolve this

Suburbs

reporterdavid

now available

Edited on by reporterdavid

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Ristar24

@Fairburne Thanks for the info. I tried Vice City on Switch. Still seems fairly low resolution on my Lite, the rear headlights work on the cars now at night now at least, and there does seem to be a more stable framerate. Object shadow and some LoD pop in seems worst, but other cars do now seem to draw in at a further distance. Still no moving grass textures, ambient occlusion, or dynamic shadows from light sources at night, which does impact the atmosphere a fair bit in comparrison to even the PS4 version. PS4 patch isn't up yet but I'll be interested to see how things are there.

Edited on by Ristar24

Ristar24

nannybuckles

Excuse the ignorance but is Rockstar Posting patch notes for these? A cursory google came up empty.

nannybuckles

jump

@nannybuckles There were patch notes for the last update so they probably haven't released the notes for this one yet.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

Fairburne wrote:

EDIT: Just checked; patches are online now.

That was a quick week!

Edit: I told my brother (who has these on switch), and he said "it's funnier with the glitches"

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ristar24

Just tried the first race mission in SA and its fixed! Was amost unplayable previously with full pauses in the gameplay, but now, no hitching. So, they have certainly adressed some of the worst framerate problems.

Edited on by Ristar24

Ristar24

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic